Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 01:48 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,233,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinder5555 View Post
its not save to play with Ouija boards i Remember i was a app in my phone
its real like real Ouija boards ??
i play with that and i Remember i cant move like somting Choked me .
i dont play with this anymore its was Before 3 years ago

My friends and I played with one that my mom bought me in the late 70s.

One day in the summer of 78 my friend Kevin asked the Ouija board if it knew which of us would die first.

The Ouija board told him that he would die before the end of the year. It told him this in a serious of question/answers over the course of about 10-15 minutes. But that was the answer Kevin got. And we laughed it off. Of course, we also had seen some things come true - but that was just coincidence, right?

Wrong. Kevin died in a horrible car accident on Dec 31, 1978 at about 6 p.m. It was a Sunday and he and his siblings were coming home from a skiing trip in Ruidoso when an old lady pulled out in front of them. His sister was also killed and his older brother spent months in the hospital in traction. The old lady, her daughter and infant grand-daughter were also killed. 5 people killed. It was a very bad crash.

The FIRST thing I did after getting the news about an hour after the crash was I took that Ouija board and broke it in half and threw it away. Every year I drink a toast to my good friend Kevin on New Years Eve.

And I NEVER messed with the occult again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 08:37 PM

24,098 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post

One day in the summer of 78 my friend Kevin asked the Ouija board if it knew which of us would die first.

The Ouija board told him that he would die before the end of the year. It told him this in a serious of question/answers over the course of about 10-15 minutes. But that was the answer Kevin got. And we laughed it off. Of course, we also had seen some things come true - but that was just coincidence, right?

Wrong. Kevin died in a horrible car accident on Dec 31, 1978 at about 6 p.m. It was a Sunday and he and his siblings were coming home from a skiing trip in Ruidoso when an old lady pulled out in front of them. His sister was also killed and his older brother spent months in the hospital in traction. The old lady, her daughter and infant grand-daughter were also killed. 5 people killed. It was a very bad crash.

The FIRST thing I did after getting the news about an hour after the crash was I took that Ouija board and broke it in half and threw it away. Every year I drink a toast to my good friend Kevin on New Years Eve.

That's terrible. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I truly believe that nothing good comes of the Ouija board.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
The Ouija board was a game that was based on something that has been for centuries. Basically Ouija is yes yes in French and German. I don’t think a toy can be good or evil, but I think the people using it can be. Intent can be.
IDk...Im not sure it has anything to do with the person using it...it really just depends on who or what you happen to get communicating with you. its 50/50.

I remember when we did it, eventually we got to the point where we were communicating with one entity, every time we would use it, but in the beginning, we got a few different entities, some would barely talk to us, some talked a mile a minute, the 2 girls said they could get 'vibes' from the entities, telling them if it was good or bad, every entity was a little different.

I would call the Ouija board a 'radio of sorts' rather than a toy.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:17 AM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
You should NEVER ask questions about anything which you cannot handle the answer you get. Basically, it is the askers responsibility to want to know the answer - even if it is not what you want to hear. Questions you cannot handle the answer to, you shouldn't ask. This is because once the words are spoken, you cannot take them back, they are out there and have been heard.

This is an example of just one such question.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post

I cannot remember many of the things we asked it, Im sure we probably asked it about our deaths, but Im kind of glad I dont remember that!

There was one time in the beginning,when we were all still in the stage of not believing it fully, we asked it to prove itself in some way...it gave us very specific directions on a spot in our city, to go there and start digging into the ground. This was a sort of industrial area, a brick company had a large outdoor storage area for pallets of bricks, it was about 3 acres, we called it the brickyard and would go hang out there, drink, kids would make out in there, younger kids would play hide and seek and climb on the bricks, after the place closed every day, the brickyard was totally empty and no one would run us off.

Anyway, it told us to dig down until we found this weird looking piece of metal, (it was actually just an old farm implement, but it had been buried for decades, it was in the process of corroding/rotting), so, this was another time it proved itself to us. That was really creepy, it basically knew exactly where we were at, (because the directions started from the house we happened to be at).

Crazy stuff!

Old 05-08-2021, 07:58 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
Never in my life, even as a child/teen have I ever been curious to play w/ one. No one's ever given me one as a gift (& I don't see why in the world anyone would do that). I've never even touched one. I never had many friends & thank God none of them whipped one of these out & wanted to play w/ one. I'd be leaving outta there if they did! I was brought up in church since a toddler so I just never was interested in that kind of thing. Even when I was a child in the 80s & saw it in the toy stores, it's like I knew that that's not something to mess w/. Don't know how I knew. My parents never talked about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
And theyre sold in the toy isle for children
Not cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Hasbro, not Mattel. The Ouija board was made originally by Parker Brothers. They were purchased by Hasbro.

I never for the life of me knew why toy stores sell these things or why they're in the toy aisle/section. They're (the stores, the manufactuerers of these boards, etc.) giving people a false sense of security.

Old 05-08-2021, 11:35 AM

8,548 posts, read 10,969,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
That's terrible. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I truly believe that nothing good comes of the Ouija board.
The board had absolutely nothing to do with that person's death.

Old 05-08-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The board had absolutely nothing to do with that person's death.
Yep, its like blaming cell phones if someone gets into a car accident...the cell phone/Ouija board is just a 'tool' by itself. Its not good or evil, its an inanimate object.

Old 05-08-2021, 11:39 AM

8,548 posts, read 10,969,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I cannot remember many of the things we asked it, Im sure we probably asked it about our deaths, but Im kind of glad I dont remember that!

There was one time in the beginning,when we were all still in the stage of not believing it fully, we asked it to prove itself in some way...it gave us very specific directions on a spot in our city, to go there and start digging into the ground. This was a sort of industrial area, a brick company had a large outdoor storage area for pallets of bricks, it was about 3 acres, we called it the brickyard and would go hang out there, drink, kids would make out in there, younger kids would play hide and seek and climb on the bricks, after the place closed every day, the brickyard was totally empty and no one would run us off.

Anyway, it told us to dig down until we found this weird looking piece of metal, (it was actually just an old farm implement, but it had been buried for decades, it was in the process of corroding/rotting), so, this was another time it proved itself to us. That was really creepy, it basically knew exactly where we were at, (because the directions started from the house we happened to be at).

Crazy stuff!
You want us to believer a ouija board told you all this?
Impossible.
Bear in mind, a ouija board is communicating letter by letter, and if all you state here is true, you would still be on that board spelling out the instruction it supposedly gave you.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:43 PM

1,465 posts, read 622,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnSmithJones View Post
Even people who use ouija for its intended purpose warn against playing with it or using it as a joke or without full knowledge of what you're doing. I went to a talk given by an exorcist from the Vatican. Of course lots of people asked questions about demon possession (mostly how to avoid it and how to detect it). He said that it doesn't happen by accident, that the person has to be participating in an activity that invites the unclean spirit in. He noted ouija being one of the ways,especially because demons have the ability to lie & show themselves by pretending to be a loved one or whatever you're attempting to contact. It opens a door that most don't know how to shut.
My family had bought a Ouija board sometime in the late '60s or early '70s.

I remember my older siblings playing with/using it when I was very young, in the early to mid-'70s.

I'm telling you (and I tend to live in reality, not one to easily fall for BS), that house always had a spirit roaming. My mom would tell me it was my deceased grandmother checking on me.

There were never any injuries or deaths, but I (we all could) could always feel something there in that house with us. I had trouble sleeping and was scared out of my wits half the time.

It makes sense now that playing with that board probably opened a door from the spirit world.

Last edited by Hedonism; 05-08-2021 at 01:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal