Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which famous UFO cases do you believe are real?
Betty and Barney Hill abduction 11 40.74%
Travis Walton abduction 7 25.93%
Phoenix lights 12 44.44%
Roswell crash 18 66.67%
Lonnie Zamora case, Socorro NM 6 22.22%
Bentwaters AFB/Rendlesham Forest incident 10 37.04%
Aurora TX alien burial 1897 1 3.70%
UFO's over Washington DC 1952 11 40.74%
Lubbock lights 2 7.41%
Kelly-Hopkinsville case 1955 2 7.41%
Kecksburg UFO incident 8 29.63%
Pascagoula abduction 4 14.81%
Japan Air Flight 1628 incident over Alaska 7 25.93%
USS Nimitz tic-tac case 10 37.04%
O'Hare sighting 2006 11 40.74%
Skinwalker Ranch phenomena caused by UFO's 4 14.81%
Dyatlov Pass incident caused by UFO's 1 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 09:41 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,903,282 times

Advertisements

Three more to add to the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorman_dogfight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiles..._UFO_encounter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantell_UFO_incident

1948 was a busy year for UFOs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 10:20 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
I wish the poll had said, "Which do you think MIGHT be real?" I don't think that any of them ARE real, but the ones I think might possibly be real are:

Phoenix Lights
Roswell Crash
UFOs over Washington, 1952
Lubbock Lights
Japan Airlines 1628 report
USS Nimitz case
O'Hare 2006 sighting

I also think that the Mantell and Gorman incidents MIGHT be real.

(I did not vote.)

Old 05-21-2021, 10:39 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
And then we have Admiral Byrd and his report from Antarctica too. Operation Highjump & Operation Windmill. It seems that that expedition came home with its tail between its legs for some reason. There were many ships in Operation Highjump and we still do not know the real details. Why has no-one spoken out about it properly?

This is strange too.
Body of Adm. Byrd's Son, 68, Found in Empty Warehouse

Some old guy turns 100 and his comment on it all

Old 05-22-2021, 09:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
And then we have Admiral Byrd and his report from Antarctica too. Operation Highjump & Operation Windmill. It seems that that expedition came home with its tail between its legs for some reason. There were many ships in Operation Highjump and we still do not know the real details. Why has no-one spoken out about it properly?

This is strange too.
Body of Adm. Byrd's Son, 68, Found in Empty Warehouse

Some old guy turns 100 and his comment on it all
The hollow earth theory just sounds extremely fantastical!

Plus, we have a poster on this forum that has been to Antarctica multiple times, at the research center, they said there is NOTHING 'strange' there at all.

Old 05-22-2021, 03:04 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/ufo...uy-hottel-memo

This is an FBI memo from 1950, from the head of the Washington field office to Directer Hoover, stating that they had received a report from an Air Force investigator about crashed saucer shaped craft and recovered bodies in New Mexico.

Old 05-22-2021, 04:01 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/ufo...uy-hottel-memo

This is an FBI memo from 1950, from the head of the Washington field office to Directer Hoover, stating that they had received a report from an Air Force investigator about crashed saucer shaped craft and recovered bodies in New Mexico.
I still find it very hard to swallow that these vehicles (whatever they are) can just fall apart and crash to earth over and over again all over the world, no better than grandmas old Pontiac.

Old 05-22-2021, 04:21 PM

6,104 posts, read 3,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I still find it very hard to swallow that these vehicles (whatever they are) can just fall apart and crash to earth over and over again all over the world, no better than grandmas old Pontiac.
I agree. So our radar took out 3 flying saucers that were so superior and technically advanced that they navigated through millions and millions of miles of space to get here, but our 1950’s technology destroyed them? That’s preposterous.

Old 05-22-2021, 04:24 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The number of documented crashes is much much smaller than the number of total sightings. Clearly they almost never crash. While their tech may be superior, if they are piloted by biological beings then pilot error could still come into play at some point.

Old 05-22-2021, 08:36 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The hollow earth theory just sounds extremely fantastical!

Plus, we have a poster on this forum that has been to Antarctica multiple times, at the research center, they said there is NOTHING 'strange' there at all.
OK, so we have (or are supposed to have) mainly scientists and support personnel at the Antarctic bases. Assuming we are talking scientist of one type or another, and probably young enough to still require postings or jobs then what would YOU say? Would you say, "Yes, I heard from the gossip around the base there was a no-fly zone off to the East" (or any other sensitive issue) or would you keep your mouth shut? If it was me, I would keep my mouth shut until I had nothing left to lose career-wise.

Also, in Antarctica there is the flight in and the flight out which people take, as well as supply ships in the summer. It is unusual to take a cross-country flight to rescue someone from another station which is how this military person saw what he saw. Actually, this injured guy died as a result of them having to go around the 'hole' on the way back (extra 30+ minutes) rather than over it like they did on the way out.

I never said there was anything to do with hollow earth, however I do think there may be an under-ice community there, yes, and maybe not just ET either.

I am coming to the conclusion we are dealing with multiple groups of UFOs here on Earth, some I think are ex-Nazis, some are ET of different kinds, and some are military. I also think our military now have energy weapons which can shoot into space. This has pretty much been confirmed by the video from the ISS tracking that UFO which changed direction and then a weapon beam of some kind passed through where it had been moments earlier. The standard response to that is it was ice crystals being moved by the directional jets. Maybe...

Old 05-22-2021, 09:47 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,632,318 times
One of the lesser known incidents.

https://www.columbiatribune.com/arti...nion/302039927
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal