Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 11:22 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
And if so, then the outcome (the eventual evolution) may well not be ideal for us humans and may find ourselves more definitely a slave race than we are now. As others have said, it is usually the more advanced race which dominates and controls the less advanced.
I think we can all agree...if a Govt knew this kind of information, it would keep it secret from the people as long as it possibly could!

Who knows...maybe we are indeed a 'slave race', but for some reason or another, our 'masters' have allowed us to run free in an area all our own the past 1500 yrs...maybe the masters are returning soon, to gather up the slaves once again?

I could see it now...people whining about their fast food jobs...a month later, they find themselves on some outpost ditch water planet that has harsh conditions, busting rock for some alien resource!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 05:30 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
You're using a modern lens to try to interpret an ancient text that is a type of literature that no longer exists. Ezekiel is not describing aliens or UFOs.

All of the Hebrew prophets used metaphor, hyperbole, etc. Don't try to pound that round peg into a square hole of literalness.

https://www4.westminster.edu/staff/b...1/apocalyp.htm

https://www.oxfordbibliographies.com...93361-0005.xml

https://catholic-resources.org/Bible/Apocalyptic.htm
I think you're missing my point. I never did state that he saw a UFO, I never mentioned UFO at all. My point is the perception of what demons are in the bible. One's vision of a demon could be someone else's vision of God. I used Ezekiel as an example.

Old 05-25-2021, 05:59 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
While I hesitate to get involved in discussions of the exact wording of bible verses, since they are translations of translations of translations and it's pretty hard to say what the original author's intended meaning was, your own quote contains the word "vision". He had a "vision", in other words some sort of mental picture or hallucination. It's like when someone says they saw the virgin Mary in the clouds and she told them to not get on a plane, or some such. I myself had an auditory hallucination that I can only explain as a clairvoyant experience foretelling my mother's imminent death ( I honestly think it was just my own subconscious telling me what I instinctively knew). If you believe that this is a literal description of a real person and occurrence, and not just a fable, then he had a vision of something that he interpreted as god, he didn't necessarily physically see a UFO with his eyes. For all we know he may have eaten a weird mushroom, or been suffering from a fever dream.
I understand, however, here is another translation:

v1.. I was among the *exiles by the River Chebar. It was the 30th year. On the 5th day of the 4th month, the skies opened and I saw *visions of God.

Notice it states, "I saw visions of God" opposed to "I had visions of God". May not mean anything. I'm sure it was a vision. But perhaps not.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:19 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times
More likely Biblical Demons are Aliens from Outer Space. Makes more sense that way. Actually Stargate explained it all. I am not religious but it seemed to be the best explanation I have heard.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:57 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
More likely Biblical Demons are Aliens from Outer Space. Makes more sense that way. Actually Stargate explained it all. I am not religious but it seemed to be the best explanation I have heard.
As good an explanation as any! We know the Dark Side likes to mess with our minds, so aliens certainly fit that bill.

Old 05-25-2021, 01:47 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,408,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Stargate makes a lot of sense in hindsight. They had the Air Force’s full cooperation on the production.

Get the public used to the idea that there might be a small team within the government and military having contact with these advanced beings because the public can’t handle it yet, then it’s less of a shock if that becomes an actual reality.

Old 05-25-2021, 02:12 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,467,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
So what was Ezekiel describing in the Bible, a demon? What he describes is an object coming from the sky and landing. His description, he believed, is of God not a demon.

"The prophet Ezekiel described a vision of God that appeared to him by the shores of the Chebar River in the sixth century b.c. Strange creatures with four wings and four faces appeared in the air amid clouds and fire. Accompanying the creatures were machines of unknown purpose; wheels within wheels (or hoops within hoops), with mysterious "eyes" set all around their periphery. The wheels or hoops could fly about in the air, and as Ezekiel watched they settled briefly on the ground and then rose up. Their only apparent function was to accompany the winged creatures, whose movements they shadowed. Suddenly God himself appeared, sitting on a fiery throne."
The Book of Ezekiel is strange indeed. The "throne of God" that landed, and those creatures that exited and started running around in unison, had nothing to do with demons according to the Bible. Clearly the whole shebang was of God.

I find that most Christians prefer to slap the demon label on things they can't explain or understand. Their perception of God has been implanted in their minds for a long, long time. If something scares them, it's "demonic".

The Bible repeatedly speaks of "clouds", "thrones" and "Chariots of fire" that come out of the sky to snatch away Biblical characters. One such "cloud" landed on Mt. Sinai. Moses went into it to meet God and receive the ten commandments.

Genesis chapter six speaks of "the sons of god" (not human) who impregnated earthly women. The human gene pool became tainted. Ultimately God destroyed the hybrid race with the Great Flood.

The Star of the East was a strange moving light that lead the three wisemen to the exact birthplace of Jesus Christ. Sorry, but stars don't move.

Something followed, fed and protected the wandering Israelites. It also parted the Red Sea.

I don't think we should automatically assume that todays "UFOs" are of a demonic nature.

Old 05-25-2021, 02:30 PM

17,339 posts, read 11,266,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The Book of Ezekiel is strange indeed. The "throne of God" that landed, and those creatures that exited and started running around in unison, had nothing to do with demons according to the Bible. Clearly the whole shebang was of God.

I find that most Christians prefer to slap the demon label on things they can't explain or understand. Their perception of God has been implanted in their minds for a long, long time. If something scares them, it's "demonic".

The Bible repeatedly speaks of "clouds", "thrones" and "Chariots of fire" that come out of the sky to snatch away Biblical characters. One such "cloud" landed on Mt. Sinai. Moses went into it to meet God and receive the ten commandments.

Genesis chapter six speaks of "the sons of god" (not human) who impregnated earthly women. The human gene pool became tainted. Ultimately God destroyed the hybrid race with the Great Flood.

The Star of the East was a strange moving light that lead the three wisemen to the exact birthplace of Jesus Christ. Sorry, but stars don't move.

Something followed, fed and protected the wandering Israelites. It also parted the Red Sea.

I don't think we should automatically assume that todays "UFOs" are of a demonic nature.
Then I have to ask myself why? Why would an alien race of beings disguise themselves as God to a relatively small group of Middle Eastern people, early Jews, and go through extraordinary measures to save them from the Egyptians and famine so they could become the father of both Christianity and Islam? Considering the Jews of early Biblical times made up a very minute percentage of the world's population, why them?

What skin in the game do aliens have in doing this? To what end? Perhaps Erik Von Daniken needs to enter the conversation.

Last edited by marino760; 05-25-2021 at 03:48 PM..

Old 05-25-2021, 04:09 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,467,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Then I have to ask myself why? Why would an alien race of beings disguise themselves as God to a relatively small group of Middle Eastern people, early Jews, and go through extraordinary measures to save them from the Egyptians and famine so they could become the father of both Christianity and Islam? Considering the Jews of early Biblical times made up a very minute percentage of the world's population, why them?

What skin in the game do aliens have in doing this? To what end? Perhaps Erik Von Daniken needs to enter the conversation.
I don't know. I look at it this way.

Whoever created this universe, this planet and the human race is a whole lot smarter than me and you. If God, whomever God is, explained to us exactly why and how He created everything, it would be so far over our heads that we wouldn't understand it anyway. So He speaks to us in simple terms, in metaphors, in parables. But even the simple things go over our heads, so He tells us to have faith. And He assures us that we aren't alone.

I have no solid answers. I have only my faith. My faith tells me that God is real, Jesus died to save us from ourselves, and the spiritual battle for our souls is as real as it gets.

As for the aliens,,,, Are they aliens? Are they God? Are they of God? I just don't know. There are many mysterious occurrences in the Bible that could be considered UFO activity. (And I don't mean "little green men". I simply mean "unidentified flying objects" that aren't operated and flown by us.)

Could it be a combination of angels and demons in those crafts? Would they need to travel in flying crafts? I think they would. Despite the Catholics illustrations passed down through the centuries, Biblically angels do NOT have wings. That's a big lie the early church invented to explain how angels flit from here to there.

So, again, I don't know. But God told us to walk in faith, not in knowledge, so that's what I'm a-doin'.

Old 05-25-2021, 05:07 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I got to talking with a co worker yesterday about UFOs and I found out this is the theory they believe to be true, the lady knew her bible verses too! She rattled off some verses Ive hear before, in relation to UFOs, but a few i had never heard before, so I will have to do some reading on those.

This theory has always intrigued me, I dont put much stock into it, but I still do think its one possibility, I really need more information to be sure, (depends on what these 'aliens' claim to be), I think I could make a better decision at that point.

Example...if they claim to be our 'gods'/creators...I will probably lean heavily towards them being demonic. (since the ultimate goal of the biblical demons is to deceive mankind, draw him away from God).

This would also be the most frightening possibility too! (if 'biblical demons' are real...unfortunately, that would mean, the Christian bible is RIGHT/accurate...and there IS A LITERAL hell, that some souls go to upon their deaths!)

This would definitely lead to a public panic!
rstevens,

I heard that a long time ago. I believe it. I put nothing past the Devil and the fallen angels that were cast down to earth with him. They will do whatever they can to turn the minds of mankind to any and everything but the true and living God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal