Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 01:52 AM

215 posts, read 211,173 times

Advertisements

For those who don't know who Christopher Bollyn is,he is an investigative journalist who is a 9/11 conspiracy theorist.He authored books under the title Solving 9/11.So if you're familiar with his work,whats your take on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 07:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Ive never read any of his works, but I very much believe there was more to 9-11 than what the 'official version' is...

Im not saying, I think there were crisis actors involved or anything that bizarre...I do believe innocent civilians were killed that day, and planes did crash into the WTC...

but the Pentagon site still bothers me...considering how SECURE that area is, there are a number of surv cams in the area, (or showing the area where the plane supposedly struck)...but there are literally NO video clips of the plane coming in, or striking the Pentagon!! (surely there would be plenty of cell phone videos of a plane approaching the Pentagon?)

The show various clips of the planes approaching and striking the WTC all the time...but NONE for the Pentagon?

Im not sure what to make of that

Old 05-27-2021, 01:27 PM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

but the Pentagon site still bothers me...considering how SECURE that area is, there are a number of surv cams in the area, (or showing the area where the plane supposedly struck)...but there are literally NO video clips of the plane coming in, or striking the Pentagon!! (surely there would be plenty of cell phone videos of a plane approaching the Pentagon?)
Quite right.

Few things that don't add up that day. WTC 7 is obviously one of them, the numerous witnesses that claim to have heard explosions before the planes hit and the lack of clear footage of the Pentagon attack. Flight 93 could probably hold a discussion on it's own, I thought it likely that it was shot down on official orders.

Old 05-27-2021, 06:53 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
There are 7 witnesses (2 police/security) who all saw a plane fly low over the gas station to the North of where the official route is supposed to have been and none of them saw it hit the Pentagon. One other saw the low flying plane fly away from the Pentagon.

Old 05-27-2021, 07:49 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
There are 7 witnesses (2 police/security) who all saw a plane fly low over the gas station to the North of where the official route is supposed to have been and none of them saw it hit the Pentagon. One other saw the low flying plane fly away from the Pentagon.
Really, , there were plenty of eyewitnesses that were driving on Washington Boulevard, Interstate 395, and Columbia Pike that witnessed the crash that morning, as did people in Pentagon City, Crystal City, and other nearby locations.

Motorist Mary Lyman, who was on I-395, saw the airplane pass over at a "steep angle toward the ground and going fast" and then saw the cloud of smoke from the Pentagon.

Afework Hagos, a computer programmer, was on his way to work and stuck in a traffic jam near the Pentagon when the airplane flew over. "There was a huge screaming noise and I got out of the car as the plane came over. Everybody was running away in different directions. It was tilting its wings up and down like it was trying to balance. It hit some lampposts on the way in."

USA Today reporter Mike Walter was driving on Washington Boulevard when he witnessed the crash:

I looked out my window and I saw this plane, this jet, an American Airlines jet, coming. And I thought, 'This doesn't add up, it's really low.' And I saw it. I mean it was like a cruise missile with wings. It went right there and slammed right into the Pentagon.

Terrance Kean, who lived in a nearby apartment building, heard the noise of loud jet engines, glanced out his window, and saw a "very, very large passenger jet". He watched "it just plow right into the side of the Pentagon. The nose penetrated into the portico. And then it sort of disappeared, and there was fire and smoke everywhere."

Tim Timmerman, who is a pilot himself, noticed American Airlines markings on the aircraft as he saw it hit the Pentagon.

There was debris from American Airlines Flight 77 found on the grounds of the Pentagon where it hit and throughout the building itself, including the 2 "black boxes".

There were 189 fatalities, 64 on the plane and 125 in the Pentagon. Out of the 189 fatalities, investigators were able to positively ID the remains of 184 of them.

Watch the video from the security camera(link below), keep an eye on the dark green/black on the right side of the frame, a little more than half way up. At the 1:26 mark a bright white or silver object enters the frame over that dark green/black spot, at the 1:27 mark it slams into the building and there's a giant fire ball.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:P...y_Camera_1.ogv

If that was a hoax, it was a pretty damn good one!

Last edited by cjseliga; 05-27-2021 at 08:10 PM..

Old 05-27-2021, 08:03 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive never read any of his works, but I very much believe there was more to 9-11 than what the 'official version' is...

Im not saying, I think there were crisis actors involved or anything that bizarre...I do believe innocent civilians were killed that day, and planes did crash into the WTC...

The show various clips of the planes approaching and striking the WTC all the time...but NONE for the Pentagon?

Im not sure what to make of that
I saw some security camera footage on one of the many documentaries on the subject that showed the plane hitting the Pentagon. It was low frame rate, so not all that clear at the plane's speed, but no doubt a plane hit the building. Not to mention that several million people have seen the damage to the building.

Why does there need to be a conspiracy "theory"? The actual event was worse than anybody could have faked.

The one that has no witnesses is the one in Pennsylvania, other than a wealth of circumstantial evidence, such as a huge hole in the ground with airplane remnants, and a bunch of burned bodies.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:09 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,457,265 times
If you want to understand Flight 93, a great book is Phantom Flight 93 by Victor Thorn & Lisa Guliani. Shanksville, PA had multiple witnesses who described what was a missile flying extremely low as well as others describing a low flying plane which likely launched it.

A follow up article after the book was published by Victor Thorn with a discussion with a structural engineer with a defense contractor who analyzed the Flight 93 source data and eyewitness descriptions (which analysis concluded was a stealth missile) stated the following concerning what happened at the Pentagon:

"If it was a stealth missile which hit the pentagon, this would explain why the defensive missile systems protecting the Pentagon were not activated. The radar systems and other sensors at the Pentagon may not have had the capability for detecting stealth missiles, which means that the defensive missiles surrounding the Pentagon would have remained inactive. Those in charge of defending the Pentagon against attack may never have known what hit them. By not being able to track the missile on radar, there would be no way to trace it back to its point of origin."

Old 05-28-2021, 05:49 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
If you want to understand Flight 93, a great book is Phantom Flight 93 by Victor Thorn & Lisa Guliani. Shanksville, PA had multiple witnesses who described what was a missile flying extremely low as well as others describing a low flying plane which likely launched it.
The thing about the whole a missile shot down Flight 93 theory is BOTH the debris field AND the flight data recorder, which was recovered, would have been different.

Depending on where a missile would have hit the plane, i.e. wing, fuselage, tail, etc., the plane would have become "confetti" or a LARGE piece/chunk would have broken off and found elsewhere, plus the data recorder would have shown some sort of anomaly as the missile hit the plane.

The flight data recorder showed none of that, but it did show the plane going 563mph upon impact and it was inverted nose-down at a 40 degree angle, which left a 8-10 foot deep crater in the ground and 30-50 feet wide. Most of the aircraft wreckage was found near the impact crater.

I'm a huge National Park Service nerd and trying to visit all 423 units in my lifetime, I'm up to 308 now! Anyways, I have been to the Flight 93 National Memorial, and it is one of the most power and somewhat sad visitor centers I have ever been to, I high recommend it. I guarantee you won't leave there without tearing up a little bit.

Listening to the messages that the crew and passengers left to their loved ones, on various answering machines, is so chilling knowing these people would be dead a short time later, it's so powerful and haunting to say the least.

Old 05-28-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I saw some security camera footage on one of the many documentaries on the subject that showed the plane hitting the Pentagon. It was low frame rate, so not all that clear at the plane's speed, but no doubt a plane hit the building. Not to mention that several million people have seen the damage to the building.

Why does there need to be a conspiracy "theory"? The actual event was worse than anybody could have faked.

The one that has no witnesses is the one in Pennsylvania, other than a wealth of circumstantial evidence, such as a huge hole in the ground with airplane remnants, and a bunch of burned bodies.
Why would media continually air and show the WTC towers being struck, but never show the Pentagon?

There should also be quite a bit of surv footage as the plane approaches the Pentagon...again, with the WTC towers, Media regularly shows the planes on approach, from all sorts of directions and angles...but the Pentagon? NOPE, not that Iv ever seen.

Old 05-28-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
The thing about the whole a missile shot down Flight 93 theory is BOTH the debris field AND the flight data recorder, which was recovered, would have been different.

Depending on where a missile would have hit the plane, i.e. wing, fuselage, tail, etc., the plane would have become "confetti" or a LARGE piece/chunk would have broken off and found elsewhere, plus the data recorder would have shown some sort of anomaly as the missile hit the plane.

The flight data recorder showed none of that, but it did show the plane going 563mph upon impact and it was inverted nose-down at a 40 degree angle, which left a 8-10 foot deep crater in the ground and 30-50 feet wide. Most of the aircraft wreckage was found near the impact crater.

I'm a huge National Park Service nerd and trying to visit all 423 units in my lifetime, I'm up to 308 now! Anyways, I have been to the Flight 93 National Memorial, and it is one of the most power and somewhat sad visitor centers I have ever been to, I high recommend it. I guarantee you won't leave there without tearing up a little bit.

Listening to the messages that the crew and passengers left to their loved ones, on various answering machines, is so chilling knowing these people would be dead a short time later, it's so powerful and haunting to say the least.
What was the flight number for the plane that hit the Pentagon? Does anyone know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal