Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 08:22 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times

Advertisements

The Beast of Bray Road is supposed to be a huge wolf and there are other reports of wolf/dog -shaped beasts running alongside the car while standing upright, so there are (many) other witness reports - in spite of what others fearfully claim that they are misidentifications and hoaxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2021, 06:56 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The Beast of Bray Road is supposed to be a huge wolf and there are other reports of wolf/dog -shaped beasts running alongside the car while standing upright, so there are (many) other witness reports - in spite of what others fearfully claim that they are misidentifications and hoaxes.
Without evidence, there is no way to separate misidentifications and hoaxes from real. There is a very good chance that most of the reports are not real, so how do we tell the difference without the evidence?

Old 06-06-2021, 08:36 AM

49 posts, read 22,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Without evidence, there is no way to separate misidentifications and hoaxes from real. There is a very good chance that most of the reports are not real, so how do we tell the difference without the evidence?
We never logged a report for our incident, Im not sure who we would have filed with for tht matter! Is there such thing as werewolve reports?
I suppose most people would presume we saw a bigfoot. In all my years living here and being outdoors so iften I have not once seen anything like a bigfoot, and if I was a bettin man, I would put my money squarely on bigfoot not being real.

Old 06-06-2021, 10:56 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman82 View Post
We never logged a report for our incident, Im not sure who we would have filed with for tht matter! Is there such thing as werewolve reports?
I suppose most people would presume we saw a bigfoot. In all my years living here and being outdoors so iften I have not once seen anything like a bigfoot, and if I was a bettin man, I would put my money squarely on bigfoot not being real.
I believe rsteavens62 can help you out with that. I never heard of a real werewolf until he mentioned it here on the forum.

I have so many problems with believing in cryptics because our technology has improved so much over the years and there are more of us. It was easier to believe in the 1960s when our world was so much larger. Today there are many more cellphones than users in the US and most with the capability of taking clear pictures. We have game cameras, security cameras, GoPros, drones, and many more keeping an eye on everything. Then the big problem, no solid proof.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I believe rsteavens62 can help you out with that. I never heard of a real werewolf until he mentioned it here on the forum.

I have so many problems with believing in cryptics because our technology has improved so much over the years and there are more of us. It was easier to believe in the 1960s when our world was so much larger. Today there are many more cellphones than users in the US and most with the capability of taking clear pictures. We have game cameras, security cameras, GoPros, drones, and many more keeping an eye on everything. Then the big problem, no solid proof.
I not trying to argue that what we saw was cryptic per say, I think it is strange that it only happened one time and never seen it again, Its also extrememly strange that we saw such a critter around here, if I mistook this creature for something else, why are others not also making the same mistake? the BOL and I wwere interested in asking around about it bt my sister thought we should not bring it up to other people. The only rationel conclusion is that it was a product of genetic tampering, and would be more or less a one-off, and my sister is right that I would not want to come face to face with the person that created such a thing. Te only other explantion is that it was supernatural in which there would never be any evidence anyway.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I have heard bits a pieces about the beast of bray rd before, but don't know that much about it, sounds very close to what we saw that day but our beast didn't do anything aggressive, We were not that far but were downwind of it, im not sure if it was aware of us being in the area or not.
The other thing is none of us ever saw it stand up, it was on 4 legs the whole time like any other animal and aside from its mannerisms (the only exception being the bobbing of the head and the strange sound it made). its difficult to explain the thing, it had what I would call a very peculiar way about it, never seen it before or since in another animal.

Old 06-08-2021, 09:07 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman82 View Post
I have heard bits a pieces about the beast of bray rd before, but don't know that much about it, sounds very close to what we saw that day but our beast didn't do anything aggressive, We were not that far but were downwind of it, im not sure if it was aware of us being in the area or not.
The other thing is none of us ever saw it stand up, it was on 4 legs the whole time like any other animal and aside from its mannerisms (the only exception being the bobbing of the head and the strange sound it made). its difficult to explain the thing, it had what I would call a very peculiar way about it, never seen it before or since in another animal.
From everything I have read, you are describing a 'classic dogman' encounter!

There are some enthusiasts that are really deep into this guy, they even differentiate between a 'dogman' and a 'werewolf'! (apparently there is a difference).

Im actually of the belief that SOME people (for some reason) have acquired the ability to transform/morph into the physical shape of a 'monster/cryptid'...I think this is where hollywood got the idea from decades ago and they ran with it., but from what Ive read on this, its nothing like its depicted in movies, (the shape and appearance is the only similarity)...

Another thing I find interesting about this 'transformation theory'...considering some reports the witness claims to see a normal looking (just larger) wolf/dog, generally acting strange...but others report a sort of hybrid, man-wolf looking creature...the determining factor in how far they are able to transform has something to do with time of year, their personal devotion, among some other factors.

The whole topic is fascinating to me, you should read up on this stuff if you are interested!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal