Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 08:39 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,504,066 times

Advertisements

Ive mentioned this in other threads, but forgot to in my last post, in addition the correct answers it gave to my questions, the board also instructed our group to a specific location in town, and told us what object would be there if we dug down into the dirt...needless to say, it was spot on, the object was not really that significant, (a metal part to a tractor implement), it was more that the board knew this item was there and this is something that could not have been faked or planted earlier by someone, (this item had been buried for decades).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 09:51 PM

30,009 posts, read 11,597,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Ya` think? Have you ever played it before?

I have. My ex girlfriend at the time and her mother 35 years ago played the Ouija board often and I did it with them. There was one unsettling incident when I asked the board after a series of questions what other games it could play. It quickly spelled out THIS IS NOT A GAME and the marker flew across the room. My girlfriend at the time was annoyed that I did not take it seriously and it manifested it her subconsciously moving the marker.

Its a board and a marker as the other person said. Those who don't understand how the mind works think there is something supernatural about it. Try it with your eyes closed the entire time with a witness to watch and report the results. Clearly the supernatural force should not need your eyes to move the marker if that was what was really happening.

Old 03-31-2019, 10:49 PM

8,490 posts, read 10,904,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive mentioned this in other threads, but forgot to in my last post, in addition the correct answers it gave to my questions, the board also instructed our group to a specific location in town, and told us what object would be there if we dug down into the dirt...needless to say, it was spot on, the object was not really that significant, (a metal part to a tractor implement), it was more that the board knew this item was there and this is something that could not have been faked or planted earlier by someone, (this item had been buried for decades).
Now, anyone who has played with these boards knows they answer one letter at a time,
For this board to recite the location of an object it would still be spelling out the location, and what was to be found.
I believe, as much as you want to believe, your post is accurate, it is a hoax.
Couldn't happen as you say.

Bob.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:52 AM

12,702 posts, read 14,861,781 times
Quote:
What would you guys have done if it was a human skull or body you dug up?

Old 04-02-2019, 02:56 PM

239 posts, read 154,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
No, No, NO, not a game. Back when I was a young woman, a friend and I were "playing" with a Ouija. The spirit on the board said it was a Native American Chief. My friend being part Native herself asked it show itself. Even then I got a sickening feeling when she said that. There on her living room sofa sitting on my navy wool coat a totally black figure appeared. It had no face whatsoever.

I had a white cat at the time. My coat was always full of white fur but after than shadow figure sat on it, there was no fur left on it at all.

That shadow figure followed my friend everywhere she went until she had a Priest bless her and her home. Don't mess with Ouija. It is not a GAME.
Scary, scary! I heard of a black figure too, kinda like a shadow with shape, but not a shadow because there's nothing to cast it. It's a darkness that moves on its own, blacker than black. You can see it as it stands in the dark because it's darker than its surroundings, even without light. The one I heard about was little, maybe a foot tall, humanoid (stands/walks upright with arms, legs, torso, head, etc), had pointy ears, a wicked giggle, impressive in strength, and dashed about, causing lots of mischief. I thought to call him a goblin!

Old 04-02-2019, 03:20 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,763,040 times
We had one as kids and played with it for fun--just like we pulled out Scrabble, Numble, Monopoly, and Sorry.

Someone threw it out decades ago. According to something I heard many years later, I guess we weren't supposed to have done that. LOL. No one lost sleep over it.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:40 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,504,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Now, anyone who has played with these boards knows they answer one letter at a time,
For this board to recite the location of an object it would still be spelling out the location, and what was to be found.
I believe, as much as you want to believe, your post is accurate, it is a hoax.
Couldn't happen as you say.

Bob.
Yes, it spelled out one letter at a time, it gave a location, general area, and depth to dig. It didnt take that long from what I remember.

Old 04-02-2019, 06:11 PM

8,490 posts, read 10,904,574 times
Quote:
Now, I mean no disrespect in what you believe, I just want to tell you, a ouija board would take days to spell out what you proposed happened, one letter at a time.
The reason being, spirits do not have a long energy span, and because thought, and energy are their main source of communication, they tire quickly.
An event such as you describe could never happen at one sitting, and a resurfacing of the same subject in subsequent visitations by spirits, would not entail what was eventful in a previous session.

Read your post, and when logic sets in, you will see it could not have happened as you state in that post.

First off, spirits do not involve themselves in trivial games at all.
If in fact, a spirit wanted to convey a message as long as the one you describe, it would not be doing it through a planchette, it would install it thoughts directly into one of you in the group.
That process would not consume much thought, or energy on the part of the spirit.
It is more than obvious to me, you have little or no experience with spirits.
Spirits don't act the way you describe, ever.

As much as we humans put strong emphasis on the human existence, and how important we think, and believe it is, spirits have very little admiration for the human existence, other than to use it as a learning tool for their betterment.
They certainly do not need it for their amusement.
The short of it is, spirits do not play games, period.
I believe you are confused as to what you feel you experienced.

Bob.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:10 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,280,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace_explosion View Post
The game may be played innocently by persons.
But the spiritual powers that exist to whom they "open the door".... are not innocent.

There are many fallen angels who seek the "open door" to manifest... imo.
Grace and peace,
"LeeLee"
I dunno if I would call them fallen angels, personally...but there are many messed up spirits.
Using an OB is like shining a beacon/light straight up into the sky like Night clubs can do to attract people.
Then these spirits use it like a Fireman's Pole to slip down here and bingo you're stuck with them now!
You don't mess with or invite spirits into your environment. Period. (So much so...I won't even tell you stories!! Uh-huh.)

Old 04-03-2019, 10:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,280,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
No, No, NO, not a game. Back when I was a young woman, a friend and I were "playing" with a Ouija. The spirit on the board said it was a Native American Chief. My friend being part Native herself asked it show itself. Even then I got a sickening feeling when she said that. There on her living room sofa sitting on my navy wool coat a totally black figure appeared. It had no face whatsoever.

I had a white cat at the time. My coat was always full of white fur but after than shadow figure sat on it, there was no fur left on it at all.

That shadow figure followed my friend everywhere she went until she had a Priest bless her and her home. Don't mess with Ouija. It is not a GAME.
What? This is one terrible story! Couldn't rep u again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal