Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 06:42 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Not really, because he was dragged out of bed that night to come down and do a sketch...Ive posted the sketch on here before, (in one of these threads)...He listened to the witnesses as he drew the picture.

And according to my friend, the only time they do sketch drawings is when its a VERY serious crime (like murder) and the person is actively wanted...there was no crime in this case.

Before this incident was erased from the internet, all the details were in the story, that how I first heard about it, you WILL NOT find this incident in any Dogman/werewolf blog/list anymore. The sketch is still floating around online and Ive found mentions of the incident, but nowhere, are the sighting details listed anymore...At one time, it was listed on many cryptid blogs and sighting lists, (among all the other sighting reports)...why this one was erased, I have no clue.
So far all you have is a story. You can go to the library and find countless stories about cryptids, paranormals, mythical creatures, and the unknown. Whether it was erased or the witnesses found out it was a prank, we don't know and will never know without any evidence. Listings on cryptid blogs does not count as evidence!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 12:00 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,024,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
What sane man would bother to 'plant' these things in the middle of nowhere? There are more than just one as well, so would you just plant these things hoping someone sometime would come across it. No, I dont think that is a very sensible suggestion given that these are miles from anywhere. Totem poles are for communities.

How likely is this. Please show examples of these events producing upright (vertical) trees upside down planted in the forest. If your suggestions have any merit or possibility then there should be numerous examples - given how many of these events there are every year. Just one or two would be enough where more than one tree is 'planted' upsidedown vertically in an area.
Look, you asked what else could have done this series of "tree planting" and I told you what the other possibilities are besides sasquatches. That doesn't necessarily mean sasquatches didn't do it or that they don't exist (I know that they do exist and I've posted my experiences with them here before) it just means there are other possibilities for the trees being there.

You don't know how old those tree trunks were to start with or how long they've been stuck in the ground like that. If it's the kind of wood I think it is then they could have remained intact like that for hundreds of years. And you don't know for a fact that their location was the middle of nowhere at the time it happened. For all anyone else knows it could have been a large, busy, flourishing community a few hundred years ago that eventually became abandoned and grown over.

As far as sensibility or their sanity goes that is irrelevant. Who cares why the trees are there upside down? It doesn't matter, it's not important. They are there and that's all that matters.

As to your request to show proof of natural cataclysms causing that - I don't do demands for proof based on something else for which there is no proof. I don't need proof of sasquatches but when YOU can show proof to everyone else that sasquatches/bigfoot do exist then I will provide you with photographic proof and published reports about how natural cataclysms can rip big trees and roots out of the ground, throw them around and then leave them sticking upside down in the ground miles away from where they originally grew.

Old 10-28-2021, 08:26 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
As far as I am aware, I never said I thought these trees were 'planted' by sasquatch. There IS supposed to be a large population near the trees in the video and there ARE supposed to be multiple trees upside down there too.

I was questioning the earthquake/landslide/tornado suggestions because I do not think these trees would end up vertical. I dont know what or who planted them but I dont think it was these suggestions above and I dont think it was humans - even if there were civilisations there in that area in the past. IF it had been people, then I think the trees would have something written on them or carved in some way. That is what indiginous cultures do to their totem poles because they often tell a story or some historical event etc. What would be the point of planting a bunch of trees all over an area without some reason and markings? Besides it would take some serious effort to do this even now, it would need heavy machinery.

But just like anyone else, my opinion can be wrong. We just dont know until some scientists or 'reputable investigators' dig down and see what is underneath and film themselves doing it. Even then some people are not going to belieive it.

Old 10-29-2021, 10:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
So far all you have is a story. You can go to the library and find countless stories about cryptids, paranormals, mythical creatures, and the unknown. Whether it was erased or the witnesses found out it was a prank, we don't know and will never know without any evidence. Listings on cryptid blogs does not count as evidence!
Lets say it was a prank and the witnesses all agreed...how could they possibly get the incident erased from so many different cryptid lists? (we are always told, once something is on the internet, its there forever), it gets shared, copied, linked, 10s of 1000s of times...how could anyone go and delete every single one?

I had a couple of these lists on my bookmarks and in saved pages, but they are gone now.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Lets say it was a prank and the witnesses all agreed...how could they possibly get the incident erased from so many different cryptid lists? (we are always told, once something is on the internet, its there forever), it gets shared, copied, linked, 10s of 1000s of times...how could anyone go and delete every single one?

I had a couple of these lists on my bookmarks and in saved pages, but they are gone now.
Things disappear all the time. Just try to search for anything today and the legitimate locations have vanished so that other locations can get your hits. It is very frustrating when you want a restaurant or a gas station you do not get your primary target listed first and sometimes you cannot even find a website for your primary target. It is so frustrating that it might be better off stopping at a local gas station and just asking for directions!

By the way, your cryptid sits are a good example of bait and switch for ad dollars. Try to get the real news about any of your 'monsters' and it is impossible to get real information. They all head you down the garden path of the believers.

Old 10-31-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Things disappear all the time. Just try to search for anything today and the legitimate locations have vanished so that other locations can get your hits. It is very frustrating when you want a restaurant or a gas station you do not get your primary target listed first and sometimes you cannot even find a website for your primary target. It is so frustrating that it might be better off stopping at a local gas station and just asking for directions!

By the way, your cryptid sits are a good example of bait and switch for ad dollars. Try to get the real news about any of your 'monsters' and it is impossible to get real information. They all head you down the garden path of the believers.
Well, if revenue is what they are interested in, keeping this incident among their lists would have worked out better for them! (since the details can be written a certain way, making it appear like it was a real werewolf sighting)...why remove content like that when its right up their alley?

Plus, even when an incident is proven to be something normal, (happens all the time in UFO reports), they still leave them posted, but usually add an asterisk noting what the real cause was.

Old 10-31-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Well, if revenue is what they are interested in, keeping this incident among their lists would have worked out better for them! (since the details can be written a certain way, making it appear like it was a real werewolf sighting)...why remove content like that when its right up their alley?

Plus, even when an incident is proven to be something normal, (happens all the time in UFO reports), they still leave them posted, but usually add an asterisk noting what the real cause was.
For whatever reason, it disappeared. But, like all the other stories of Big Foot and your Wolfman, we are left with nothing.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:06 PM

Quote:
For whatever reason, it disappeared. But, like all the other stories of Big Foot and your Wolfman, we are left with nothing.
I realize its impossible to prove the why...but to be honest, its the only time I have ever seen such a thing vanish...and not just from one site, but numerous sites.

I know we are getting nowhere talking about this, but you do have to admit, when you take all the facts into consideration, it does seem odd (at the very least). I dont know what exactly took place that night, but I do think it was very abnormal.

And I do live in this city, so I do have a legitimate interest, my taxes help pay for police in this city, I should have the right to see the details on this imo.

Old 11-01-2021, 04:52 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,379,877 times
https://www.thealaskalife.com/blogs/...in-plain-sight
Shows upside down trees in Alaska. There's a person over on the right side of the first picture. If he's 5' tall, the trees must be over 20'.

These trees were planted this way by humans--at least, that's the claim. Perhaps they hired Bigfoot with an NDA.

Old 11-01-2021, 05:25 PM

2,451 posts, read 1,679,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
https://www.thealaskalife.com/blogs/...in-plain-sight
Shows upside down trees in Alaska. There's a person over on the right side of the first picture. If he's 5' tall, the trees must be over 20'.

These trees were planted this way by humans--at least, that's the claim. Perhaps they hired Bigfoot with an NDA.
That place is seriously cool, thanks for the link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal