Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 07:39 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times

Advertisements

Episode 3 of series 2 of The Alaskan Triangle is out looking for Bigfoot in the Alaskan Triangle and specifically the upsidedown trees they are rumoured to 'plant' to mark their territory there.

So, this is an image of one of a number of trees this investigator found 'planted' into the ground upsidedown in the middle of the forest, taken from this episode at the 25 minute mark.

As you can see from the size of the man leaning against it, that tree is huge!
What else could have done this series of "tree planting" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 10:32 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
That picture is just incredible! Honestly it looks too large for even a 7-8ft sasquatch to do that!!

I dont know how big they get, but that must have been a big one.

Also, I dont think they do this everywhere, here in KY, Ive never heard anyone reporting finding trees like that, and we have plenty of bigfoot hot spots, maybe only some 'groups of sasquatch' do this?

Old 09-26-2021, 12:53 AM

Apparently there are a number of these trees spread across the area around this Klawock mountain on Prince of Wales island in Alaska and there are supposed to be loads of Bigfoot there. Maybe this is the area where the REAL giants are living, not just (relatively) small Bigfoot. Some of the trees were esimated at weighing up t 2500 lbs, so not small at all.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:06 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Apparently there are a number of these trees spread across the area around this Klawock mountain on Prince of Wales island in Alaska and there are supposed to be loads of Bigfoot there. Maybe this is the area where the REAL giants are living, not just (relatively) small Bigfoot. Some of the trees were esimated at weighing up t 2500 lbs, so not small at all.
You do have something right, the estimated weight of the tree. Nothing living could have turned that tree upside down and then shoved it into the ground. The act of shoving a tree into the ground upside down takes as much or more energy than lifting the tree and stump and turning it upside down.

Humans could accomplish a feat like that with the right heavy equipment, but that is unlikely. We do have one force capable of that kind brute force and that is mother nature. While that area is not known for tornadoes, it does get strong downdrafts and violent storms.

Besides, nobody has ever proven that any Bigfoot ever lived - regardless of their size.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:33 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,266,024 times
An animal with the strength of an elephant probably couldn't even do that so people saying it was a bigfoot isn't realistic at all even if they existed. Plus, why would a bigfoot do this? Are they bored with nothing else to do? I would think they'd be too busy surviving instead of spending their time planting upside mature trees.

What would be interesting would be to be able to date the tree, see how old it is and when this could have possibly happened. Was the tree last alive 30 years ago or 300 years ago?

Old 09-26-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
An animal with the strength of an elephant probably couldn't even do that so people saying it was a bigfoot isn't realistic at all even if they existed. Plus, why would a bigfoot do this? Are they bored with nothing else to do? I would think they'd be too busy surviving instead of spending their time planting upside mature trees.

What would be interesting would be to be able to date the tree, see how old it is and when this could have possibly happened. Was the tree last alive 30 years ago or 300 years ago?
While it is almost impossible to say how long a dead tree will stand before it falls, here is one site that gives a little information on standing dead trees: https://gardeningbank.com/how-long-c...main-standing/. They say 1 to 2 years normally. But they also tell that there is no 'normal'. There are many unpredictables such as soil moisture, type of tree, humidity, woodpeckers, carpenter ants, wind, and rain. Some trees could take a decade or much longer.

I am not sure without more information, but the wood of that tree looks like a Cedar. Cedars are resistant to pests. On the other hand, it looks like that area gets plenty of rain and snowfall. My feeling is that the tree in the picture would never last hundreds of years - but I would not put any money on my speculation.

We are in total agreement that nobody has ever made a creature capable of exerting that kind of force. draft horses and elephants might be able to pull that tree if it was down. But, as you said, why? Wildlife does not play with things that could damage them. They save their energy to eat or prevent being eaten.

Old 09-26-2021, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post

Some people theorize the Sasquatch do this as a way to mark territory boundries, others theorize its done as a warning to stay out, (look how powerful I am kind of message).

Id like to take a dog to that tree and see how they react to it, they may be able to scent the Sasquatch and dogs will react in a specific way to these creatures.

Sasquatch have also been known to make large structures using branches and logs, they sort of look natural, but when you start looking at it, nature doesnt work like that...

First step is FIND a sasquatch...then the questions will be answered. LOL

Old 09-26-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
While it is almost impossible to say how long a dead tree will stand before it falls, here is one site that gives a little information on standing dead trees: https://gardeningbank.com/how-long-c...main-standing/. They say 1 to 2 years normally. But they also tell that there is no 'normal'. There are many unpredictables such as soil moisture, type of tree, humidity, woodpeckers, carpenter ants, wind, and rain. Some trees could take a decade or much longer.

I am not sure without more information, but the wood of that tree looks like a Cedar. Cedars are resistant to pests. On the other hand, it looks like that area gets plenty of rain and snowfall. My feeling is that the tree in the picture would never last hundreds of years - but I would not put any money on my speculation.

We are in total agreement that nobody has ever made a creature capable of exerting that kind of force. draft horses and elephants might be able to pull that tree if it was down. But, as you said, why? Wildlife does not play with things that could damage them. They save their energy to eat or prevent being eaten.
A tornado could definitely do that, its easy to check weather data and compare that to how old the tree looks, (to me, it looks like its been there awhile).

I dont see why anyone with heavy equipment would take their machine that far out, to do something like this...when its possible no one will ever see it! Thats my same point in people faking footprints way out in the deep forest...what are the chances anyone will come along to see their fake prints and report them? Very unlikely!

Old 09-27-2021, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
A tornado could definitely do that, its easy to check weather data and compare that to how old the tree looks, (to me, it looks like its been there awhile).

I dont see why anyone with heavy equipment would take their machine that far out, to do something like this...when its possible no one will ever see it! Thats my same point in people faking footprints way out in the deep forest...what are the chances anyone will come along to see their fake prints and report them? Very unlikely!
Alaska has very few tornadoes. They have only recorded 4 since 1959. But there is still the possibility some have occurred that the weather service was not aware of. That is why I mentioned downdrafts, which occur frequently enough that they even named a mountain: "Downdraft Mountain".

People would normally not go to extremes to do something like sticking trees in the ground upside down - where most people would never see them. But we recently had the monoliths appear in remote areas where we did not expect them. So I do not think we can ever rule humans out as the possible cause of an anomaly. There are some people that think an upside-down 2500 pound tree would prove the existence of Bigfoot and maybe they had the motivation to accomplish such a task?

Old 09-27-2021, 03:30 AM

I can see how a tornado would plant trees like this, particularly in an area if the strength petered out at that moment and the heavy (multiple) trees came down, but they are upright and the odds on that happening are very small. However, if a tree was uprooted by a tornado, it would have its branches on it still and those would cause a lot of friction and resistance to being shoved into the ground upsidedown. That planting of a live tree upsidedown with branches by a tornado just wouldn't happen.

I suspect we would find there are no branches in the ground which would make it even more weird 'cos Bigfoot would not have anything like a saw to chop off the top before planting it. Really, we need to get scientists out there to investigate rather than speculating all kinds of things. Where are all the scientists when you need them? Again it is money - who will pay them to do the science?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal