Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 09:07 AM

13,732 posts, read 12,535,918 times

Advertisements

Is it that different than "I'd like to speak to your manager?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 12:16 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,701,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
All good questions. But there really is no way to have a definitive answer. It sure is fun to speculate though! Into the mix, you could also throw:

Why do we assume that alien "biology" is strictly carbon based? Life certainly could have evolved in other ways round other stars.

Why do we assume that aliens have "individuals" the same way we do? Even on Earth, that isn't true across all species. Many types of insects have types that only do work. Others rule. Others breed. Others scout. And LOTS of species on Earth are very individualistic, seeking other members only long enough to reproduce. Could a higher civilization evolve from such concepts? If so, what might they look like?

It's certainly possible.

Again, it's possible. But who knows? It's just speculation. It's equally possible that extraterrestrial visitors aren't visiting because of us at all. Maybe they are here to see the butterflies or the octopus or hedgehogs or bacterial colonies. Maybe we are just a backwoods "pit stop" on the way to somewhere else, a place where they pull over to let their pet Bigfoot relieve itself before they head off to another star. Who knows?

C.S. Lewis's space trilogy had an interesting idea that I am surprised no one has played with since. Each planet had its own "guardian angel" type of being. Earth's angel (Lucifer) "went bad," so Earth is "off limits" to the rest of the cosmos.

It is entirely possible that the cosmos is full of advanced civilizations, and they know enough about Earth to give us a wide berth till we get our mess cleaned up.

But again, this is all speculation. Sure could make for some great science fiction though.
Many people that have claimed to have physical interactions with 'the grays'...say they are like drones/worker bees, some even say they are like a kind of biological robot. They are not individuals with their own personalities, they all work as one, and I assume are directed by something above them.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:15 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,196,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
If they are as advanced as expected, they did thier research and looked at the internet, TV and radio signals from home and decided to skip visiting us.
Yep, this is my feeling, too. As soon as they get a good look, they say, "No intelligent life there, let's check out another solar system."

Old 09-29-2021, 02:10 AM

777 posts, read 886,465 times
A group of UFOs were reported hovering over the White House in the 1950's. Obviously that group of ET needed
no help in finding "the leader". Intergalactic GPS?
Hollywood tried to present the logical outcome with
The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Superman II:

POTUS - Oh God!!
General Zod - Zod.

Last edited by feck; 09-29-2021 at 02:34 AM..

Old 09-29-2021, 06:08 AM

22,973 posts, read 28,417,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
A group of UFOs were reported hovering over the White House in the 1950's. Obviously that group of ET needed
no help in finding "the leader".
What if they were there to talk to the cleaning crew? Or Caacie and Telek?

Old 09-29-2021, 06:45 AM

8,657 posts, read 9,181,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
no help in finding "the leader". Intergalactic GPS?
Hollywood tried to present the logical outcome with
The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Superman II:

POTUS - Oh God!!
General Zod - Zod.
My mother saw those UFOs fly over Washington in 1952. They flew over DC, not hover over the White House. And they did it on two occasions, both times tracked by both Andrews and Bolling Air Force Bases. "The Day the Earth Stood Still" was released the year before in 1951.

Old 09-29-2021, 04:49 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,171,835 times
Why do they need anyone to take them to our leader? I don't have access to Biden or the White House.

Besides, if they can figure out how to get here, they are going to find pretty quickly how to find the White House, Parliment, etc.

Old 09-30-2021, 05:22 AM

8,657 posts, read 9,181,424 times
I once saw this comic strip showing a field of cows grazing. In the middle of the field of grazing cows was a landed UFO with an alien standing on the ground at the end of a ramp with its right hand up saying "Take me to your leader"....I thought it was funny..

Old 09-30-2021, 12:45 PM

777 posts, read 886,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
My mother saw those UFOs fly over Washington in 1952. They flew over DC, not hover over the White House. And they did it on two occasions, both times tracked by both Andrews and Bolling Air Force Bases. "The Day the Earth Stood Still" was released the year before in 1951.
I am aware of the release date of TDTESS.

Old 09-30-2021, 11:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,701,172 times
Imo, the govt probably entered into some kind of contract with these things in or about that year/time frame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal