Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 04:28 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Maybe we're missing the obvious here?

What if it isn't squirrel or mice, but the ghosts of squirrels or mice?
Maybe its a skinwalker, taking the form of a mouse, just to scare me? LOL

Yea, thats what it has to be! I have been reading many things on skinwalkers too, I probably attracted one.

(Im kidding btw), whatever it is, has been quiet for 3 days now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2021, 04:30 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
When I bought my house in 2014, the attic was taken over by squirrels since the seller moved across town and the house was empty. I paid a fortune to get them out but one baby was left behind. I heard Hume screaming his head off and scratching at the ceiling probably dying to get out in his final moments, and they ate the wood and left droppings all over the attic. Luckily I didn’t notice any electrical wires chewed through.

Just stand outside your house and watch and you will see a squirrel going in or out. Mine all came through the attic fan vent on the roof.
Squirrels eat wood?

Old 10-12-2021, 05:15 AM

19 posts, read 11,308 times
Could be a person.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:19 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Squirrels eat wood?
Knows right into it

Old 10-12-2021, 08:58 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
There's a thread in the house section where someone is on their 3rd house in a row that's making a lot of weird noises. Can anyone offer her any hints? I suggested she try saging the house. She even posted a video of what it sounds like here. It's one thing for one house to make noise, but 3 in a row all making the same noises?

NEED HELP! Constant popping, banging and cracking noise coming from ceiling and walls of the house day and night

Old 10-12-2021, 10:09 AM

880 posts, read 565,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
There's a thread in the house section where someone is on their 3rd house in a row that's making a lot of weird noises. Can anyone offer her any hints? I suggested she try saging the house. She even posted a video of what it sounds like here. It's one thing for one house to make noise, but 3 in a row all making the same noises?

NEED HELP! Constant popping, banging and cracking noise coming from ceiling and walls of the house day and night

I responded, check it out.

I don't think it's paranormal, I think she's just been buying low-quality homes. I recommended an attic fan to equalize the temperatures during the day and reduce the extremes that the home will see during the day... which is the leading cause of expansion and contraction in roof trusses. I think it's just bad luck, and the price range of the type of home she's been buying.

I 100% believe in ghosts, but don't think this is one of those situations.

Old 10-13-2021, 12:17 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
I responded, check it out.

I don't think it's paranormal, I think she's just been buying low-quality homes. I recommended an attic fan to equalize the temperatures during the day and reduce the extremes that the home will see during the day... which is the leading cause of expansion and contraction in roof trusses. I think it's just bad luck, and the price range of the type of home she's been buying.

I 100% believe in ghosts, but don't think this is one of those situations.

Thank you so much for offering an opinion to the OP and taking the time to type it all out.

Old 10-13-2021, 10:00 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Maybe its your muffler. (Sorry, I had too!)

Old 10-13-2021, 11:46 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thank you so much for offering an opinion to the OP and taking the time to type it all out.
It's an interesting read. I checked it out just cause you asked. But the OP doesn't seem open to the idea of the paranormal. She's getting somewhat defensive at the idea.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:49 PM

12,981 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Squirrels eat wood?
They don't necessarily eat wood, but they certainly chew it to get it out of their way. I've got one roof rafter in my attic that they chewed, in a semi-circular pattern, almost all the way through a 2x10. They are aggressive little creatures.

I saw them going through a crack in the roof, where two different levels meet, so I got some sheet aluminum to cover the spot. They chewed right through that. Then, I bought some stainless steel sheet, and that stopped them. They'll also chew through aluminum gutters if they're in their way.

Up until a couple of weeks ago I had two power vent fans in my roof, but the electric motors had quit working long ago. I had them removed and covered over, and the nesting material the roofers got out was amazing. It would have filled a leaf bag. Power vents have a screen to supposedly prevent creatures from entering, but the squirrels either chew through the screens or just kick them out of the way. The power vent are poorly made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal