Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 06:00 PM

666 posts, read 423,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who said ghosts only appear in Victorian clothing? That makes no sense. Especially for the majority of ghosts, who never lived during the Victorian era.

OP, is this a serious question? And what does it have to do with the vid you posted? I'm missing something, clearly. Tongue-in-cheek thread title? What's your real question?
The video purportedly shows a ghost wearing a hoodie and jeans(?). This runs counter to the notion that ghosts always appear in stylization of antiquity.

Now, there is absolutely nothing support that this video wasn't just of a guy installing a camera, with a real flesh and blood living person standing beside them. The uploader only claims that "nobody was next to her SO at the time". I just though it was a neat example.

My next mission is to find alleged videos of dinosaur ghosts. Because "Why don't we ever see ghosts of dinosaurs?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2021, 06:15 PM

666 posts, read 423,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Here is the prevailing theory. Hauntings can be intelligent/interactive, or they can be imprints. An imprint is someone who is doing something that they have done in their life over and over again, not unlike a taped loop. They aren’t really there, there is just a tape of them doing this over and over again.
Stone Tape Theory. The question this raises then is why does it only apply for humans of recent history? As a thought experiment: Wouldn't members of now extinct hominid have experienced strong emotions leaving an imprints? Evidence for caveman ghosts is absent.

Old 10-21-2021, 06:18 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Good stories! I have heard the concept, but never the term "psychic scar".
I came up with that. Because in talking about it, specifically something like the Lincoln ghost train, it would have to be that. Because you are experiencing something that was never alive. If that makes sense. I think it makes sense.

If the Lincoln ghost train is there, it’s there because of what all those people who were there that day saw that train were feeling.

Old 10-21-2021, 06:23 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelling_at_Birds View Post
The video purportedly shows a ghost wearing a hoodie and jeans(?). This runs counter to the notion that ghosts always appear in stylization of antiquity.

Now, there is absolutely nothing support that this video wasn't just of a guy installing a camera, with a real flesh and blood living person standing beside them. The uploader only claims that "nobody was next to her SO at the time". I just though it was a neat example.

My next mission is to find alleged videos of dinosaur ghosts. Because "Why don't we ever see ghosts of dinosaurs?"
I have never heard this notion of all spirits show up in Victorian clothing. Victorian spirits show up in Victorian clothing, colonial ghosts show up in colonial clothing. People who died in the 1960s would be ghosts wearing 1960s clothing.
It would be far more interesting if George Washington showed up wearing a hoodie and running shorts in Nikes. Because why would he. But the guy down the street who died three weeks ago if you saw him he’d be dressed in contemporary clothing.

Where did you hear all spirit showed up in Victorian clothes?

Old 10-21-2021, 06:58 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
Quote:
Stone Tape Theory. The question this raises then is why does it only apply for humans of recent history? As a thought experiment: Wouldn't members of now extinct hominid have experienced strong emotions leaving an imprints? Evidence for caveman ghosts is absent.
Perhaps the window closes after a time; longer times for stronger emotions.

Or maybe they (and dinosaurs) are too different from us. They're here, but we can't perceive them.

Or maybe we just expect them to be old fashioned, so that's what we see.

Hmm. Maybe ghosts from a single area merge together over time, and appear to be a single entity. Thus, the dinosaurs and Cro-Magnons would meld with ancient Greeks and medieval folk and Victorians.

Last edited by steiconi; 10-21-2021 at 07:49 PM..

Old 10-21-2021, 07:34 PM

2,503 posts, read 2,071,943 times
The ghost boy I saw was dressed in jeans, a t-shirt and baseball cap. He was probably in his mid to late twenties.

Instead of psychic scars...I refer to them as residual sounds.

When we used a tape recorder, we could hear my deceased father humming...which he was known to do.
When I had put it in his bedroom, we could hear papers being ruffled thru, and him making sounds w/his throat.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:27 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I really do want to believe in ghosts', bigfoot, etc. but I also am one to not suspend reality and objective investigation on videos like this. There is NOTHING about this that even remotely suggests that it is real and not some faked video for "likes" and/or "follows".

B.S. needs to be called out for being the b.s. that it is or appears to be. Its not up to people to prove that it ISNT real, or prove that it ISNT faked. Its up to those who posts this type of junk to provide some type of tangible evidence that its NOT faked or may in fact be real.

This looks like it shouldnt appear on anyone's radar or even Top 500 vids of ghosts vids.
When I looked at the video, the part where he was sitting in a chair, and addressing the people with his "ideas", all I could think of was it was like a Donald Trump rally.
The similarity was unmistakable.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:49 PM

4,606 posts, read 2,994,775 times
Quote:

My next mission is to find alleged videos of dinosaur ghosts.

Because "Why don't we ever see ghosts of dinosaurs?"

Quote:
Perhaps ghosts aren't immortal... maybe after a few centuries, they fade away....

Old 10-21-2021, 09:11 PM

608 posts, read 239,297 times
I never saw an apparition.

One time spooked me to all hell several years ago. I drank from a hard plastic cup, put it down on the middle of a table. Like 2 seconds later, it flew in my direction like somebody swatted it off the table in frustration. Nobody was home with me at the time. Nothing else was disturbed (like the whole building shaking and stuff falling over) and, this exact one object had a speed and trajectory that caused it to hit a wall before a floor. I was not particularly tired, and I was wired after that.

I have no answer, and I likely never will.

Old 10-22-2021, 05:56 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
The ghost boy I saw was dressed in jeans, a t-shirt and baseball cap. He was probably in his mid to late twenties.
Ditto, minus the baseball cap. Although I stress I do not know if what I saw was a ghost. I just saw something I could not explain.

A very normal looking guy in his mid to late twenties, walking his very normal looking dog in a cemetery. No transparency. No old timey-clothing. No weird smells or ectoplasm. Just a guy walking his dog. I looked away for a second, maybe less, and the guy and dog had disappeared.

There were no woods or bushes nearby. No huge tombstones. Not even an open grave. This guy and his dog literally disappeared in a second or less.

Was it ghosts? Were they beamed back aboard the Enterprise? Did the guy have a cloaking tent? Did I have a seriously major hallucination with no other symptoms?

I don't know. I can't explain it, only describe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal