Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 10:17 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
My feeling is it will be sooner, rather than later. The point is it is all about money. If people can invent/make machines that can replicate and produce products very cheaply (without labor cost), then it will happen sooner.
Its funny, many people used to theorize that all the fast food places would automate if they ever had major trouble hiring and staffing their restaurants...but when Covid hit and lots of fast food workers quit...we DID NOT see any of them going to automation, in fact, most of them started adjusting their operating hours instead, (closing very early and sometimes closed for whole days)!

Even the McDonalds around here adjusted their hours due to staffing problems, its weird they decided to shut down early instead of automating.

I dont think the technology is there yet to actually replace workers...I worked fast food decades ago, I didnt just stand there and do one job all day, I was asked to do all sorts of things, making food, running the register, cleaning bathrooms, etc...they would really need humanoid robots to replace human workers, an automated cash register cannot go clean the bathroom when a customer makes a mess, or argue with a customer when they claim they were short changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 11:50 PM

627 posts, read 295,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
I am curious how those who believe aliens are visiting us think they have overcome the speed of light limitations of travel throughout the universe . Given that it would take dozens to hundreds of years to travel even one way from our nearest neighbors unless this limitation is overcome , and the same to return home with whatever info they have gleaned from their visit , how are they getting around this quickly ? And given that the energy needed to approach the speed of light becomes enormous as you reach any meaningful percentage of the SoL , how are they powering themselves for decades long trips? And feeding themselves on these long long journeys ?

I’m just curious how those who believe this is happening have worked out the necessary logistics for hundreds of millions of MPH trips 24/7/365 nonstop for dozens of years .
The UFOs could be unmanned, sort of like voyager 1, just doing reconnaissance. It's also possible that the life forms are not human at all but an entirely different kingdom that can withstand interstellar travel. Perhaps they are of another realm? In any case, I believe UFOs are real, that humans are relatively new to this universe and would be wise to keep an open mind.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesBoy View Post
The UFOs could be unmanned, sort of like voyager 1, just doing reconnaissance. It's also possible that the life forms are not human at all but an entirely different kingdom that can withstand interstellar travel. Perhaps they are of another realm? In any case, I believe UFOs are real, that humans are relatively new to this universe and would be wise to keep an open mind.
I agree with your last part of the post, but doing recon for 1000s of years?

And consider all the UFO reports...its not coming from powerful, influential people...they are reported by average people/nobodies, frequently the UFOs just pop up suddenly and dont stick around long, enough time for them to be seen and thats about it, then they fly off or vanish into thin air.

So technically, if the reports are accurate, they arent sticking around long enough to observe or recon.

More than likely, ALL our theories are probably wrong, they could be something we dont even have a term for, or something beyond our comprehension.

Old 11-05-2021, 12:58 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,873,638 times
Lots of relativistic mysteries, and those of biology and evolution too, but we can actually do better with just a simple guess and some assumptions and some known info.

We earthlings just set a speed record for spacecraft in April - 330,000 mph. That's, hm, 0.05% of c, according to the article. Should we be conceited enough to say, that's IT? No "better" or "faster" technology will exist? Of course not. I'm willing to go 10x what we can do - and leave it at 0.5% c. That's dang fast. But you'll have to approach 90% of c before the time you "gain" will amount to something meaningful. So we can exclude the "but they don't age" theory. However, at just 0.5%c, and roughly 3 million miles an hour - where can ya go?

You'd need just 4 months (9B/3M/24=125) to exit our solar system. If we're going to assume that aliens live on planets, and planets live around stars, we need to get 4 light years from here.

How long at 3Mmph? A lonnnng time. But not as long as you'd think. 0.5%c, it means 200 years to go a light year.

Or 800 years to get to an Alien planet. Am I hugely wrong so far?

What if they have even better technology, and a generational ship - just 2x more juice, and they're here in 400 years.

Maybe they regularly live to be 4000, so they don't care that much. Or maybe it's their great-great-great- grand aliens that have made it this far...and they just hover outside of our solar system...except when they make the 4 month journey to Earth to pick up Krispy-Kreme.

Stop me if I've made a huge math error somewhere - it's possible - but even so, you get my point. No magic is required, and barely an imagination. It is indeed possible.

Now, if we include usual flock of "magical" things - it exceeds possible, and becomes likely. Not likely that anyone visited - nope, I think that's bunk - but likely that someone/something could.

Old 11-05-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I agree with your last part of the post, but doing recon for 1000s of years?

And consider all the UFO reports...its not coming from powerful, influential people...they are reported by average people/nobodies, frequently the UFOs just pop up suddenly and dont stick around long, enough time for them to be seen and thats about it, then they fly off or vanish into thin air.

So technically, if the reports are accurate, they arent sticking around long enough to observe or recon.

More than likely, ALL our theories are probably wrong, they could be something we dont even have a term for, or something beyond our comprehension.
The US military has already come forth with UFO evidence. So average Jimmys and Joes aren't just making stuff up. I don't make stuff up. I never used to believe in UFOs until I saw stuff not possible by any rocket, jet, space junk, comet or anything known to man. Their technology is far more advanced. They can travel much faster and do maneuvers, stop on a dime and reverse course, etc., not currently possible here on Earth.

Old 11-06-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesBoy View Post
The US military has already come forth with UFO evidence. So average Jimmys and Joes aren't just making stuff up. I don't make stuff up. I never used to believe in UFOs until I saw stuff not possible by any rocket, jet, space junk, comet or anything known to man. Their technology is far more advanced. They can travel much faster and do maneuvers, stop on a dime and reverse course, etc., not currently possible here on Earth.
I agree that citizens are not just making it up, I was just pointing out normal citizens make up all the UFO reports, there is just not much significance to the people they are appearing to, (that is what I find odd).

Now, if they were appearing to well known influential people, that would be understandable, considering they have influence over many people. I just cannot understand what they could possibly be doing, in appearing where they do...such as, hovering over a neighborhood in the middle of the night, or popping up to toy around with our commercial aircraft briefly.

There is no rhyme or reason to their behavior, its not indicative of anything really.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I agree that citizens are not just making it up, I was just pointing out normal citizens make up all the UFO reports, there is just not much significance to the people they are appearing to, (that is what I find odd).

Now, if they were appearing to well known influential people, that would be understandable, considering they have influence over many people. I just cannot understand what they could possibly be doing, in appearing where they do...such as, hovering over a neighborhood in the middle of the night, or popping up to toy around with our commercial aircraft briefly.

There is no rhyme or reason to their behavior, its not indicative of anything really.
There might be some people who just want publicity or want instagram followers or something of that sort but, then there are also true stories.

US Military confirmation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf1uLwUTDA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxVRg7LLaQA&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBtMbBPzqHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygB4EZ7ggig

Old 11-08-2021, 07:09 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Its funny, many people used to theorize that all the fast food places would automate if they ever had major trouble hiring and staffing their restaurants...but when Covid hit and lots of fast food workers quit...we DID NOT see any of them going to automation, in fact, most of them started adjusting their operating hours instead, (closing very early and sometimes closed for whole days)!

Even the McDonalds around here adjusted their hours due to staffing problems, its weird they decided to shut down early instead of automating.

I dont think the technology is there yet to actually replace workers...I worked fast food decades ago, I didnt just stand there and do one job all day, I was asked to do all sorts of things, making food, running the register, cleaning bathrooms, etc...they would really need humanoid robots to replace human workers, an automated cash register cannot go clean the bathroom when a customer makes a mess, or argue with a customer when they claim they were short changed.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...rce/ar-AAQogdr

I quote: "A recent Federal Reserve survey of chief financial officers found that at firms with difficulty hiring, one-third are implementing or exploring automation to replace workers."

Old 11-08-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...rce/ar-AAQogdr

I quote: "A recent Federal Reserve survey of chief financial officers found that at firms with difficulty hiring, one-third are implementing or exploring automation to replace workers."
Im not sure how it is in PA right now, but from the businesses I frequent from day to day, majority of them are clearly having staffing issues, (many openly admit they cannot find employees)...

The company I work for has the same problem, and (since we were bought out), we are now owned by the #1 largest gas station/ C store chain in the world, 14K locations worldwide, Many times, our stores have a single person working, Managers are now permitted to close early/open late for non 24 hour stores.

Automation is not even being considered in our stores, it wouldnt be able to match what human employees can do.

Old 11-08-2021, 10:30 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Quote:
Im not sure how it is in PA right now, but from the businesses I frequent from day to day, majority of them are clearly having staffing issues, (many openly admit they cannot find employees)...

The company I work for has the same problem, and (since we were bought out), we are now owned by the #1 largest gas station/ C store chain in the world, 14K locations worldwide, Many times, our stores have a single person working, Managers are now permitted to close early/open late for non 24 hour stores.

Automation is not even being considered in our stores, it wouldnt be able to match what human employees can do.
I listen to a financial podcaster called Clark Howard, and he said that statistics showed that even before the pandemic, we were starting to have hiring difficulties.

It’ll be interesting in about five years to read exactly why. I honestly believe in things like this we do not have the ability to get out of our own way to figure out what’s going on. Our internal biases make us see what we want to see and believe what we want to believe and not necessarily the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal