Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 11:00 AM

4,938 posts, read 3,313,142 times

Advertisements

Video is 21:27 minutes, and I watch it few times, the first few years ago. Years ago during my travel did visit museums and castles in EU and have seen plenty of armours, and some seemed maybe smaller and shorter than what would fit a normal size man today. The weapons on the other hand seemed a bit big/large.
Before watching the video never think much about it. The comments on many of Sylvie Ivanova her channel NewEarth are closed just a few older videos have comments. She has a FaceBook but I do not have FB.
She has many more interesting videos. I wonder if more CD members know of her videos? And specific this one, what do you think?
Has anyone seen in museums and castles armours such as the unusual ones shown in her video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Qthy_p0nc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 05:29 AM

17,341 posts, read 11,274,075 times
It means nothing. You do realize that people in general were considerably smaller during ancient times and medieval days. From remains found in Pompeii which was a wealthy city, the average height of a Roman at that time was only 5'4, yet their weapons would be considered normal size today.

I've been to Europe too and one thing you can't help but notice is how small the very old beds were located in castles and fortresses. People were smaller, quite a bit smaller in some regions. That's pretty common knowledge.

Stories from medieval times are filled with exaggerations. Many paintings from this time also depicted strange creatures and gargoyles. There's nothing new here. Fantasy and folk lore were alive and well then.

Last edited by marino760; 12-18-2021 at 05:47 AM..

Old 12-18-2021, 10:33 AM

2,451 posts, read 1,680,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It means nothing. You do realize that people in general were considerably smaller during ancient times and medieval days. From remains found in Pompeii which was a wealthy city, the average height of a Roman at that time was only 5'4, yet their weapons would be considered normal size today.

I've been to Europe too and one thing you can't help but notice is how small the very old beds were located in castles and fortresses. People were smaller, quite a bit smaller in some regions. That's pretty common knowledge.

Stories from medieval times are filled with exaggerations. Many paintings from this time also depicted strange creatures and gargoyles. There's nothing new here. Fantasy and folk lore were alive and well then.
I have been to the Netherlands several times. The tiny steps in the old buildings was something that always stuck out to me. Stayed in one apartment on the second(3rd in US) floor. The steps went from the ground all the way to the top floor without any stops/landings. It was almost like climbing a ladder with the tiny steep steps. LOL

Old 12-18-2021, 01:31 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
While the basic idea of body armor was to protect the body, it was also made in such a way to make you look fiercer than you were. Never underestimate an intimidating look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal