Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 08:57 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

The one recovered from a crash in and buried in a graveyard in the small, rural farming town of Aurora, Texasas reported in the Dallas Morning News, on April 15, 1897. It landed on a judge's property so you cannot get much more 'official' than that.
Many investigations (some might destroyed possible "evidence") were made at the alleged crash site, even using latest technology, but unfortunately all inconclusive.

Quote:
According to the tale, the stunned locals tossed the wreckage into an old well, sealed it off, and then had the tiny “alien” given a Christian burial in the nearby Aurora Cemetery in a grave with a small, unassuming headstone with a crude etching of the alien’s ship on it.
So, we are talking about a very small spaceship with a tiny pilot and locals who made the incident very insignificant.
According to the story, the ship was “built of an unknown metal, resembling somewhat a mixture of aluminum and silver, and it must have weighed several tons.” Yet the locals were able to lift all the debris (none were found on land) and toss into a well.
Numerous investigators and UFO hunters were unable to find any of it in the well.
This story is quite strange...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 10:17 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Not from dust devils anyway. And I don't think that any wind can blow debris (what size of debris?) due to low atmosphere density. However, wind can and is moving sand dunes quite easily.

But we still don't know about the unexplored parts of Mars, much.
As I said, the old MERs used to have "Cleaning Events" according to NASA where the solar panels would get dusty and almost stop generating electricity and then suddenly a cleaning event would come along and everything would be just fine.

You pointed out the dust devils which NASA has shown on gifs in the past. We also see tracks on satellite photos caused by dust devils. Also, of course, there is the dust storm which regularly can be seen from Earth and which has stopped the rovers movements for a while, nearly killing the mission.

So, one one hand there IS evidence for a wind (not necessarily a STRONG wind) but on the other hand I would have expected to see the 5mm hematite spherules ("blueberries") to be blown about and edges taken off rocks. (weak wind for millions of years would produce some weathering effects)

What I think we are seeing here is the NASA scientists trying to put forward an argument for BOTH not-so-weak wind and a weak wind but without scientific image data to back it up.

Unless you know differently?

Old 01-05-2022, 05:16 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
How can you be so sure?
Well if no one on this planet can do it than it can't be done. Just think that one light year is about 6 trill miles and most stuff out there with life is many light years to millions of light years away. It just can't be done without a jump drive. We can't even get near 1% of the speed of light. We can't even get a man on Mars and that is like stepping outside your house since it only around 35 million miles from us when it is closest to us.

Old 01-05-2022, 05:17 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
So please show me some evidence in the photos of 5mm spherules blowing into piles behind rocks or smooth surfaces on the rocks which are subjected to all these dust storms.

Do not parrot what the scientists say without looking for evidence to support what they say. As far as I can see there is no evidence of "things" blowing about in the wind or any action by the wind on any surfaces which have been photographed.

However, there is evidence for small sand dunes - which are grains of sand (dust sized perhaps) being blown about.

Comments RocketDawg?
Dust is not gonna cover up surface details without wind my man.

Old 01-05-2022, 01:38 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I came across this yesterday and thought it was interesting. I brought up google mars and searched the area in question and low and behold, there is was.

So, is it a crashed ship or just a sand dune???????
This is the "Face on Mars" phenomena again, it's been awhile and people forget. Now it's a joke. It did look like some ancient monument taken at one angle, and got everyone excited. At another angle however it simply looked like a rock. It's a combination of shadows and light, as well as the uneven features of Mars (interesting valleys and mesas from it's ancient oceans), that account for this. Taken from a different angle and time will change the image completely. I see the couple on the youtube video, who look old enough that they should remember the face on mars and know better, only showing one angle. In any event even at the angle they are looking at, it's not too convincing of anything - I don't see a crashed ship.

https://science.nasa.gov/science-new...001/ast24may_1

"Won't get fooled again"...The Who

Old 01-06-2022, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Dust is not gonna cover up surface details without wind my man.
And yet wind which blows dust about would blow stuff around too. You would think, wouldn't you.

You need to put up the evidence as I asked. There is a lot of talk (wind) and not much evidence of blown debris.
There should be plenty of it too - if the dust storms and dust devils are real. Even 5mm hematite spherules will be blown about in planet-wide dust storms which can kill off the rovers.

Old 01-06-2022, 06:02 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
And yet wind which blows dust about would blow stuff around too. You would think, wouldn't you.

You need to put up the evidence as I asked. There is a lot of talk (wind) and not much evidence of blown debris.
There should be plenty of it too - if the dust storms and dust devils are real. Even 5mm hematite spherules will be blown about in planet-wide dust storms which can kill off the rovers.
Are you suggesting the wind is not real and they are lying about it for reason? What reason?

Old 01-06-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Are you suggesting the wind is not real and they are lying about it for reason? What reason?
It doesn't matter what I think. I am just pointing out the inconsistencies in their "story". If you believe NASA, then those inconsitencies need to be explained. I bet you cannot and I bet they cannot either.

Personally, I believe they have already found sentient life and running water on Mars and I can see it in the images, but I do not need to and probably cannot convince anyone else.

Old 01-06-2022, 07:02 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter what I think. I am just pointing out the inconsistencies in their "story". If you believe NASA, then those inconsitencies need to be explained. I bet you cannot and I bet they cannot either.

Personally, I believe they have already found sentient life and running water on Mars and I can see it in the images, but I do not need to and probably cannot convince anyone else.
This is the part that really confuses me in your posts. So the people that are providing the pictures you see the life and running water in are also the exact same people covering up the life and running water you see.

The inconsistencies are easily explained. Nobody has actually been there. They only have some pictures. It would be like if someone from Iceland got a few pictures of your neighborhood. They can make some guesses at what is going on but everyone seeing those pictures are not going to agree on what the objects are in those pictures and exactly what is going on.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:05 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
This is the part that really confuses me in your posts. So the people that are providing the pictures you see the life and running water in are also the exact same people covering up the life and running water you see.

The inconsistencies are easily explained. Nobody has actually been there. They only have some pictures. It would be like if someone from Iceland got a few pictures of your neighborhood. They can make some guesses at what is going on but everyone seeing those pictures are not going to agree on what the objects are in those pictures and exactly what is going on.
Come on Sam, everybody and their brother knows NASA is the king of conspiracies and secrets and are just hiding the truth from the public!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal