Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2021, 02:07 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times

Advertisements

Has anyone on here done either of these?

I hope I have got this right, but if I have missed the point please correct me.

Although the results of the Wim Hof Method are said to be reduced inflammatory responses in the body it appears to be essentially a breathing and visualisation technique which effects the autonomic nervous system and allows some degree of control over it. This means that practitioners can 'generate' internal heat which allows the body to be immune to and survive in cold and icy conditions. There is an aspect to it which requires exposure to cold water or weather.

Although there are similarities between these two modalities, they are different in certain aspects. Including the Wim Hof Method has spiritual aspects but no religious aspects which the Buddhist Tommo practices do have.

More on Wim Hof Method
article and test-drive
Someone else who has been doing it...

Tibetan Tummo Inner Fire
More Tummo Inner Fire
Tummo meditation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 01:38 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
What's your question, OP?

Tummo, btw, or any inner-fire-generating method, draws on adrenal energy. It's known (by Tibetan practitioners, at least) to deplete the adrenal glands. That's dangerous, if you don't know how to build them back up after a tummo session.

And people aren't as impervious to icy conditions as some would like to think. People have been known to die in Tibetan initiations of an extreme type. Don't try this at home, kids!

Old 12-19-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What's your question, OP?

Tummo, btw, or any inner-fire-generating method, draws on adrenal energy. It's known (by Tibetan practitioners, at least) to deplete the adrenal glands. That's dangerous, if you don't know how to build them back up after a tummo session.

And people aren't as impervious to icy conditions as some would like to think. People have been known to die in Tibetan initiations of an extreme type. Don't try this at home, kids!
I started the post off with my question.

People die all the time, and often for no particular reason other than their heart gave out or their blood vessel burst. We all have to go sometime and warning people to be careful when crossing the street is a waste of time. Everyone knows there is danger all around us. The guy walking down the street towards you might be a mass killer and have a knife under his jacket waiting to kill you.

If you believe in demons and devils, then there are risks to your very soul by doing anything not prescribed by your religion and authorised by your priest, but people have been practicing occult things for ever. Yes people have died and people have found hidden knowledge, it just depends on how careful you are and who you get to train you. Everything we do here has energetic consequences.

What is it you know and what are you going to tell us which might make your warning more 'personal' (in that we kind-of know you on this forum) ??? Do you have first-hand experience of people dying in Tibet? Do you have first-hand knowledge of folks failing to survive icy conditions? All meditation/psychic/spiritual practices are dangerous to people who are not mentally stable for example and it could send them over the edge to madness. There are many Jesuses and Marys in mental hospitals as evidence of this.

Old 12-20-2021, 05:40 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
It's one thing to generate heat while living in a cave at 12,000 feet, It's quite another thing to immerse someone in ice water for hours in a nearby river, and expect them to survive.

Old 12-21-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's one thing to generate heat while living in a cave at 12,000 feet, It's quite another thing to immerse someone in ice water for hours in a nearby river, and expect them to survive.
I suspect you have not even looked at anything to do with these methods but you are now the expert, so

Whatever...

Old 12-21-2021, 05:48 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I suspect you have not even looked at anything to do with these methods but you are now the expert, so

Whatever...
I will give my experience, would like to hear yours.

You can teach yourself to put up with a lot. In this case being cold. That does not mean the cold doesn't effect their body the same exact way it does everyone else. It is about how long you can train yourself to ignore extreme discomfort. I get enough cold in the winter here so I only tried it a few times.

Old 12-21-2021, 07:29 PM

I have just started the Wim Hof Method a couple of days ago. I thought 10 weeks is not very long and it would be worth it to find out if there was any noticable changes.

I think as we get older (and I am) we tend not to breathe properly and many diseases are probably caused (in my opinion) by stagnation of energy and the body not being exercised and treated properly.

Also if you are concerned about aging and looking younger(which I am not), it is said that doing deep breathing exercises can help make the skin 'glow' and, maybe along with dry skin brushing, can help keep the old wrinkles at bay.

There is scientific proof that if oldies do careful exercise - such as Tai Chi it helps them keep supple, as well as keeps them out of their armchair vegetating, so I want to investigate this kind of stuff as I get older and try to maintain a balance. Many older people get knee and hip replacements so I want to try and avoid all of that if possible.

I was just wondering if anyone had tried this kind of thing and if so to give us their experience doing it.

Old 12-21-2021, 07:48 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I have just started the Wim Hof Method a couple of days ago. I thought 10 weeks is not very long and it would be worth it to find out if there was any noticable changes.

I think as we get older (and I am) we tend not to breathe properly and many diseases are probably caused (in my opinion) by stagnation of energy and the body not being exercised and treated properly.

Also if you are concerned about aging and looking younger(which I am not), it is said that doing deep breathing exercises can help make the skin 'glow' and, maybe along with dry skin brushing, can help keep the old wrinkles at bay.

There is scientific proof that if oldies do careful exercise - such as Tai Chi it helps them keep supple, as well as keeps them out of their armchair vegetating, so I want to investigate this kind of stuff as I get older and try to maintain a balance. Many older people get knee and hip replacements so I want to try and avoid all of that if possible.

I was just wondering if anyone had tried this kind of thing and if so to give us their experience doing it.
Couldn't agree more on proper breathing technique being important in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal