Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 06:39 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times

Advertisements

i only posted the thread not subscribed to the idea it was a hut. i find it interesting noone actually offers other suggestions what those pictures show. why would a pipe be coming from the top of that cliff? why no erosion of the exit point of those streams? why those “buds” emerging from those spherules ? what caused that mark to be deposited in the mud after the water flowed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 11:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Why are the various space agencies keeping the discovery of intelligent Martians secret from us? Do the Martians pose a danger to us? Are they allied with the US or China?
They do not come from Mars, they come from this planet, and yes they could be a threat to us, but the real threat is 'control' and showing the history we are taught is probably all fake.

What if you discovered that this world and life we live in, is nothing but a complicated experiment? Would there be any point of going to work anymore, or paying taxes, bills, obeying authority, etc?

Old 01-25-2022, 12:39 PM

274 posts, read 237,642 times
I think there are at least two separate issues on the subject. 1.) Is there "intelligent" life, as we recognize life and intelligence? And 2.) Is there "life" and "intelligence" in forms that as humans we can never recognize or detect?

I don't know the answer to either one, but my personal belief is yes to both. I base my belief on the fact that the universe is endless and we have no way of knowing everything. There was a time, not really that long ago, when we didn't know about germs, or radio waves, because we couldn't see them with our human eyes alone. I'm sure there are plenty more discoveries ahead for mankind, as well as plenty of things that humans will never know about. Is that scientific? Probably not, but it works for me.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:21 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Millions of planet with life but they can't get to us and we can't get to them.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:28 PM

I have another kookie theory too - that is the Martian 'dust devils' are not wind but beings which move in that way. OK, so we have NASA footage of dust devils moving across the landscape of Mars. This is evidence for wind they tell us. They scour the ground and leave huge tracks across the landscape which can be seen from space.

All very similar to the Ray Bradbury Martian Chronicles which TV series made an impression on me probably in the late 60's or 70's. I have a feeling there are types of being on Mars both large, small, and other which we would not recognise as 'intelligent' but which are as far advanced as us or more so. The responses on here to these ideas are an indication as to how humans on Earth would receive such a piece of news if it were disclosed. ie: many people would not be able to wrap their heads around it.

I know we like to think we would be open to aliens in our Solar System or even on Earth, but in practice I dont think many people could handle it. They would be frighteningly ugly to our eyes and also not have the kind of emotions we would expect from normal human responses. That would mean it would be difficult for us to interact with them. Look at the way we humans discriminate against our own races and religions - do you honestly think we would not begin to hate these aliens just as we do other humans we dont think are "like us"?

Old 01-25-2022, 09:17 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Millions of planet with life but they can't get to us and we can't get to them.
You are putting 'human technological limitations' on another civilization that we know nothing about...How can you be so sure the time/distance hurdle is a problem for them?
They may be able to do things in their craft, that we have never even imagined yet.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:08 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You are putting 'human technological limitations' on another civilization that we know nothing about...How can you be so sure the time/distance hurdle is a problem for them?
They may be able to do things in their craft, that we have never even imagined yet.
Well lets see a space ship or a body and then we can type.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:57 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I have another kookie theory too - that is the Martian 'dust devils' are not wind but beings which move in that way. OK, so we have NASA footage of dust devils moving across the landscape of Mars. This is evidence for wind they tell us. They scour the ground and leave huge tracks across the landscape which can be seen from space.
Which seems more likely?

Martian dust devils are the result of Martian winds causing Martian tornadoes, which can even leave huge tracks across the landscape --- just like we see on Earth dozens of times a year across the globe.

Martian dust devils are Martian beings who manifest as Martian tornadoes --- which we have never seen anywhere else ever. And they manage to live on a planet for which we have NEVER seen ANY evidence of life and (as far as we know) cannot support life as we know it.

Unless you have seen some evidence supporting the second, you gotta go with the first.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:23 AM

it is more that i do NOT see evidence for wind so i have to assume there is more going on than we are being told by scientists. of course this dust devil theory is only a wild speculation and is waaay out there. i see contradictions in what is being told to us and what i see in images from mars. ok so there are planetwide sandstorms but on a local level i do not see these as having occurred. Maybe it is me fooling myself and the scientists are correct who knows?

Old 01-26-2022, 07:20 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times
You don't think there is wind on Mars? Am I misunderstanding your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal