Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2022, 12:25 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times

Advertisements

I don't come to this forum much, but it made me think of something weird that happened back in the 80s.

We had a small plane, a Cherokee 180 which is a low-wing. In other words, the av gas is not gravity-fed but pumped electronically.

Cruising over Roswell, we suddenly lost ALL our electronics. Everything. By sheer good fortune, we were close enough to Socorro, NM to glide there without power or electronic instruments, on visual.

I never really questioned it much, but occasionally have wondered if Roswell had anything to do with it. Lasers to deter pleasure craft?

I know it's not Occam's Razor, but interesting to think about. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 01:11 PM

2,453 posts, read 1,686,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I don't come to this forum much, but it made me think of something weird that happened back in the 80s.

We had a small plane, a Cherokee 180 which is a low-wing. In other words, the av gas is not gravity-fed but pumped electronically.

Cruising over Roswell, we suddenly lost ALL our electronics. Everything. By sheer good fortune, we were close enough to Socorro, NM to glide there without power or electronic instruments, on visual.

I never really questioned it much, but occasionally have wondered if Roswell had anything to do with it. Lasers to deter pleasure craft?

I know it's not Occam's Razor, but interesting to think about. Thoughts?
Glad you all landed safely.

Just a normal thing that unfortunately happens. In my personal experience when you believe in things like in this section of the forum you can attribute anything to those beliefs. As example is there any place on the planet that you couldn't say I was close to "name any place" and that place would have something "special" about it. Be it a military base, Stonehenge, great pyramids, burial grounds/cemetery, ancient ruins, place known for UFOs, and on and on and on. There is no place that believers couldn't blame a normal event on something extraordinary.

I was on a big plane flying from MSP to AMS and out in the middle of the northern Atlantic the plane went black. It was very scary, luckily for us the plane still flew with no problems. The power did come back on in the cabin but never stayed on and nothing worked correct for the last 3 or 4 hours of the flight.

Old 01-21-2022, 07:37 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
Yes, there are areas of the globe where there are magnetic anomalies. I suspect it may have something to do with where the Earth is in its progression around the Sun, but I am no astronomer or astrophysicist. Places like Skinwalker Ranch have weird anomalous energies which suddenly appear and then disappear again so it is quite possible Roswell is one of these places too. I think there is so much going on which we dont see or have any idea is happening.

Old 01-22-2022, 01:18 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Glad you all landed safely.

Just a normal thing that unfortunately happens. In my personal experience when you believe in things like in this section of the forum you can attribute anything to those beliefs. As example is there any place on the planet that you couldn't say I was close to "name any place" and that place would have something "special" about it. Be it a military base, Stonehenge, great pyramids, burial grounds/cemetery, ancient ruins, place known for UFOs, and on and on and on. There is no place that believers couldn't blame a normal event on something extraordinary.

I was on a big plane flying from MSP to AMS and out in the middle of the northern Atlantic the plane went black. It was very scary, luckily for us the plane still flew with no problems. The power did come back on in the cabin but never stayed on and nothing worked correct for the last 3 or 4 hours of the flight.
Were you over the Bermuda Triangle, lol?

Just seemed weird, right at the instant we passed over Roswell.

Old 01-23-2022, 11:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Why would they want to deter small aircraft from the Roswell area? (nothing to see there today, or in the 80s)

Old 01-23-2022, 03:15 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Why would they want to deter small aircraft from the Roswell area? (nothing to see there today, or in the 80s)
Lots of small aircraft fly over Roswell, both now and back in the '80s. There are small airports in Roswell, Portland, Clovis, etc. Rich people have private planes, but there are also crop dusters, travellers, etc..

I have no idea what might have caused a malfunction, but I certainly don't think anyone is deterring air traffic over Roswell.

Old 01-24-2022, 11:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Lots of small aircraft fly over Roswell, both now and back in the '80s. There are small airports in Roswell, Portland, Clovis, etc. Rich people have private planes, but there are also crop dusters, travellers, etc..

I have no idea what might have caused a malfunction, but I certainly don't think anyone is deterring air traffic over Roswell.
Some people believe there is still material out there in the crash site, that was never recovered, ( I dont believe that).

Old 01-27-2022, 12:27 PM

6,128 posts, read 3,355,504 times
I’m retired USAF. In 1994, we did a 2 week exercise in Roswell, NM at the former Walker Air Force Base, which was then, and I believe still is, called Roswell Industrial Air Center (RIAC).

This exercise was called Giant Warrior 94. Reason being is because we flew about 8 (I think?) B-52s there and the goal was to replicate launching and recovering sorties in an austere environment. Sort of mimicking what we do in a wartime setting.

Man, it was hot too, it was the end of July. Anyway, many missions were flown, and nothing unusual happened. Not a single plane had any electronic anomalies that I recall.

I got to visit Carlsbad Caverns, then did a desert hike, and I also visited a couple UFO museums in town. A lot of hard work and a lot of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal