Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 09:07 PM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times

Advertisements

Since I am not welcome on the science forum, I am posting this here in the hope that someone can give me some advice or comments.

I want to try to find the resonance or the resonating frequency of a rock. This is because I have this idea that the ancients used some kind of sound or other frequencies to lift and move these huge multi-ton sized rocks around the place. I think that each type(not size) of stone should have its own resonating frequency and if I can find that, then it may have some effect on the stone.

I want to see if we can discover some kind of resonance which if used correctly can help us understand how the ancients moved and placed their rocks over miles of terrain. Maybe even the Coral Castle guy Edward Leedskalnin used the same method.

What equipment would I need to do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2022, 09:25 PM

740 posts, read 472,944 times
I know Nothing about this topic, so please forgive my ignorance. But google has information readily available.

"How do you find the resonate frequency of a stone?
The easiest way to find the resonant frequencies is to place the object next to a speaker and also place a microphone attached to an oscilloscope next to the object. Have the speaker play a tone at a given volume, and then without changing the volume slowly change the pitch (or frequency)."

or for a little more erudite information:
Research on the Resonance Characteristics of Rock under Harmonic Excitation
https://www.proquest.com/docview/2275073304

Old 01-24-2022, 02:06 AM

OK, thanks. I guess this is a huge subject and one which the oil industry and building engineering has to deal with every day.

Old 01-24-2022, 08:18 AM

2,451 posts, read 1,680,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
OK, thanks. I guess this is a huge subject and one which the oil industry and building engineering has to deal with every day.
Nobody wants their giant skyscraper to float away.

Old 01-24-2022, 11:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Ive read about this technology in the past, some people suggest the tools they used to do this was the size of a normal flute, some say it was very large though, (like a tuba or horn).

I would not be surprised if past civilizations did have this technology, but the best course is just trying different frequencies on your own, sound is a complex science, ( I admit I dont know much about it), but I do know certain frequencies cause weird things to happen and also impact the human body.

The trick is having the right equipment to reproduce various frequencies, Id start at the highest and work your way down to the lowest(staring with small pebbles)

Old 01-25-2022, 04:29 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Since I am not welcome on the science forum, I am posting this here in the hope that someone can give me some advice or comments.

I want to try to find the resonance or the resonating frequency of a rock. This is because I have this idea that the ancients used some kind of sound or other frequencies to lift and move these huge multi-ton sized rocks around the place. I think that each type(not size) of stone should have its own resonating frequency and if I can find that, then it may have some effect on the stone.

I want to see if we can discover some kind of resonance which if used correctly can help us understand how the ancients moved and placed their rocks over miles of terrain. Maybe even the Coral Castle guy Edward Leedskalnin used the same method.

What equipment would I need to do this?
They used tools. They weren't retarded. They had 1000's of years of sitting around with no television to draw up plans on how to move a big rock, the smartest of them figured out how to do it. To them, it was an accomplishment and a challenge.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:47 AM

some of this stuff is impossible due to the weight of the stones. no matter how long you have to think about it if you do not have the technology then it cannot be done. the trees or logs are still going to be crushed by the weight of mega stones.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
They used tools. They weren't retarded. They had 1000's of years of sitting around with no television to draw up plans on how to move a big rock, the smartest of them figured out how to do it. To them, it was an accomplishment and a challenge.
I wonder if that may be why we have lost so many of these ancient secrets? We are pretty dumb today, glued to TVs, and other entertainment all the time.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:00 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
I would imagine that different kinds of stone would resonate at different frequencies.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:01 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I wonder if that may be why we have lost so many of these ancient secrets? We are pretty dumb today, glued to TVs, and other entertainment all the time.
Usually, the thing that is pointed to most often as to why we are the way we are now, is the destruction of the library in Alexandria, Egypt, in about 48 BC by Julius Caesar.

But, frankly, let’s face it humans have been human from day one. The vast lot of us aren’t interested in learning, we’re too busy putting a roof over our heads, and food on the table and raising our young.

The activities necessary to do those things are often in polar opposite of studying the great questions of our time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal