Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 11:49 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

This is a declassified CIA document from 1984, its pretty bizarre!!

Im aware the govt was experimenting with remote viewing in earlier decades, but this happened in 1984, so that is weird...also strange is, how/why did they come up with the time period of 100 million yrs BC? (that seems like a very specific time frame that they wanted to look at?)

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs...00760001-9.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2022, 08:20 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,895,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is a declassified CIA document from 1984, its pretty bizarre!!

Im aware the govt was experimenting with remote viewing in earlier decades, but this happened in 1984, so that is weird...also strange is, how/why did they come up with the time period of 100 million yrs BC? (that seems like a very specific time frame that they wanted to look at?)

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs...00760001-9.pdf

It is widely believed that the Deagel 2025 forecast was based on military-grade remote viewing. Let's hope they were wrong.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:05 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
Hal Puthoff has continued to be in various secret projects and scientific study groups for the military since he and Russell Targ developed Remote Viewing along with Ingo Swann. I think there is definitely something to RV and if there was not, then Hal would not have the governmental credibility he currently has. As far as I am aware, Russell Targ has moved away from working with the military. I believe that most of the RV projects undertaken by the group were confirmed with more than one participant receiving confirmatory details about each mission and as far as possible they used a fairly robust scientific framework in their experiments.

Now, I suppose they could have been developing telepathy and when one thought of something, the others picked up on that thought, but I suspect that RV is a valid technique and can be useful where there is no other possible way to get at the information.

Old 02-13-2022, 09:38 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,107 times
Oh yes I see ahhh, um, a large group of sentients. Uh um, yeah, they have large bulging eyes... Can I get my gov'ment paycheck yet? No, oh um I see uh ah large statues carved out of rock, and um, tiny symbols, uh yeah. Can I get my check now?

Old 02-13-2022, 09:45 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
The thing about the RV experiments was, that no one got a glimpse of any military installations or whatever, that was worth much at all. I mean, it wasn't at all like a satellite viewing, a clear picture, or even a blurred picture. So, it was an interesting experiment, but very "meh" in its results.

Old 02-13-2022, 09:49 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Oh yes I see ahhh, um, a large group of sentients. Uh um, yeah, they have large bulging eyes... Can I get my gov'ment paycheck yet? No, oh um I see uh ah large statues carved out of rock, and um, tiny symbols, uh yeah. Can I get my check now?
Bingo.....

Old 02-13-2022, 09:53 AM

640 posts, read 449,063 times
From what I know, this remote viewing is just another thing to keep the sci-fi fans happy. I'd like to see ONE exact (time and place) prediction of anything happening in the future. As for the government connection -- that's a sure way to claim the inflated credentials. (Oh, we've seen a lot of things, but I cannot talk about that.")

Old 02-13-2022, 02:56 PM

13,622 posts, read 10,022,774 times
I strongly recommend the watching of this film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Me...t_Goats_(film)

I'd like to know about the training for remote viewing, and maybe have a go.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:25 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
It seems that Ed Dames is not recommended as he is apt to make overly large claims. I believe he was on Art Bell a number of times.

However there are others who are supposed to be better. Guys like "Lyn” Buchanan, Joe McMoneagle, who now is a trainer at the Monroe Institute and quite a few of the original Fort Meade group now have their own training establishments ( Paul Smith )

Old 02-13-2022, 08:34 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
From what I know, this remote viewing is just another thing to keep the sci-fi fans happy. I'd like to see ONE exact (time and place) prediction of anything happening in the future. As for the government connection -- that's a sure way to claim the inflated credentials. (Oh, we've seen a lot of things, but I cannot talk about that.")
The government's remote viewing project wasn't about seeing into the future. It was about testing people's ability to view locations halfway around the world. A sort of remote spying, or clairvoyant spying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal