Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 12:08 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,146,156 times

Advertisements

I had a friend visiting from New Mexico and she wanted to go out on the town for St. Patrick’s Day, so we decided to check out Kell’s Irish Pub at Post Alley (right next to Pike Place Market). I had never been there before and never heard of it even though I’ve lived in Seattle for five years.

Anyway, with it being an Irish pub on St. Patrick’s Day, it was quite crowded. We found a large table in the back that the three of us were sat at, and there were three other girls next to us. On the other side of the table was a dance area where some people were dancing to the live music they were playing. At some point the dancers ordered food that they put on the other side of the table.

I was enjoying myself and the company when I noticed the table being pushed towards the “dance floor” area. I first thought that the girls sat next to us didn’t like the people dancing/eating food on the other side of the table and just dismissed it. It moved like three separate times, about an inch or two each time.

About 10 minutes later, the table moved back towards us. After the second time the girl next to me asked why I kept moving the the table back and forth? I was like I haven’t touched the table, I thought you or your friends were moving it, and she was like no, this table is super heavy, you would know if I was trying to move it. So I tried to move it and sure enough, it was a solid wood table that could seat at least 10, and you really have to obviously try to move it. And I was facing my two friends so I would have known if they had been trying to move it.

I was spooked after that and this morning I researched the building. Turns out it used to be a mortuary and the area now occupied by the pub used to be where the crematorium was. Apparently it’s one of the most haunted pubs in the country and I had absolutely no idea. They say there are a couple “friendly” ghosts that feed off the energy of the bar when it’s crowded and one ghost (Charles I think?) really likes live music.

Anyway, thought I’d share my experience. What was weird is I’m actually interested in paranormal stuff but was just completely unaware of this particular place and had this incredibly weird experience.

https://www.irishcentral.com/culture...-irish-pub.amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 08:54 AM

10,851 posts, read 7,260,437 times
Sounds like a fun experience. Live music, booze, food, dancing, and ghosts!

I could suggest that the thumping of the music and dancing feet might have vibrated the floor enough to shimmy the table here and there, but that might take the fun out of things.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:38 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,387,132 times
Go again on Halloween and let us know how that goes.

Old 03-19-2022, 12:39 PM

4,388 posts, read 4,824,312 times
Just playing advocatus diaboli here, but why would ghosts haunt a mortuary? I thought they were associated with where a person lived.

I recently learned that in some states, property sellers are required to disclose if their property is haunted. And in some of the states where it's not required, it's highly recommended.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmatized_property

Old 03-19-2022, 07:21 PM

4,654 posts, read 4,095,712 times
That Irish whiskey gets on top of you.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:39 PM

18,502 posts, read 15,421,272 times
The floor in that pub is made of planks. Crowded bar, people dancing...perhaps the sublet movement of the floor moved the table.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:47 PM

It could be, but I very distinctly recall it being pushed. It definitely slid, it wasn’t a gradual “shimmy” the way you would expect it to if it was moving due to vibrations. It was two or three distinct movements of an inch or two at a time. And like I said, it was an extremely heavy, large table that isn’t easily moved.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
Just playing advocatus diaboli here, but why would ghosts haunt a mortuary? I thought they were associated with where a person lived.

I recently learned that in some states, property sellers are required to disclose if their property is haunted. And in some of the states where it's not required, it's highly recommended.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmatized_property
I’m not sure… but it’s an old building with a storied past above and beyond the mortuary. There’s more info in the link I shared.

I’m sure it’s similar to how cemeteries are sometimes thought to be haunted even though the people buried there didn’t live there either.

Old 03-20-2022, 02:23 AM

6,908 posts, read 6,821,358 times
There are some people who do not like the idea of unexplained things happening in their lives and so they seek to explain them to themselves and others. It is pretty scary to live in a world where there are possibly unseen and untouchable entities which are inhabiting the same space as you are. But, if you choose not to believe in such things, then the world is a more manageable place. These entities can also manipulate energies too so if there is enough energy, they can produce material effects. Maybe one of the girls/women present at the table was a physical medium?

I have had a table float off the ground only once, OK, so it was only a small 'drinks' one, but the top surface of the table (and all our hands) lifted about 4 feet off the ground and the legs of the table were knocking against our seated knees. So, I believe it can happen.

Old 03-21-2022, 11:23 AM

5,966 posts, read 3,230,406 times
Nobody dies in a mortuary, so are you implying that the soul follows the body to the mortuary and then when cremation happens, they just stay there? Why?

That doesn’t seem right to me. Assuming that some souls stick around earth, it would make more sense that they would have freedom of movement, so perhaps they just gravitated towards the friendly environment of the bar?

If I was ever given a chance to stick around, man, that would be so fun to mess with people! A bar would be a good place to hang out. Better than the subway that’s for sure (Ghost the movie reference).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal