Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 09:20 PM

404 posts, read 434,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is exactly what I was going to suggest. OP, make an appointment with an eye doctor as soon as you can get one, before the effects fade, so you can get the most accurate evaluation possible.

Please follow up with us, afterwards. Good luck. I hope it's nothing very serious.

BTW, did you say the duration of its beaming at your eye was one hour? Did I understand you correctly? If so, why didn't you close your eyes, or shut off your screen, or leave the room?

More info needed.
The beaming was maybe two seconds. The burn in (like staring into the sun or a camera flash) was there for about 45 minutes to an hour then fading. Today my eye is dry with foggy vision but seems to be clearing up. Ive seen orbs (flashes) before but normally they last at most a half second but this startled me by its length (around two seconds). I could always dismiss it before as maybe a figment of my imagination but this was definitely there. What it was I dont know. I know it sounds crazy, thats what makes it frustrating. I dunno honestly what would be best out of all the possibilities lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 06:58 PM

6,943 posts, read 6,869,734 times
No curtains at the window at midnight? So, what colour was it? Blue? Could have been someone testing out one of the next-doors lasers maybe? The FBI would probably be interested in guys who sell that kind of military stuff or they might be a terrorist cell perhaps? Any story they give you may not be the whole truth either.

It cannot hurt to get an eye test and besides, then you would know it was not something health-related which was causing the flashes/orbs/etc. With these kind of weird things, you need to eliminate the obvious first and then start thinking of the weird afterwards.

Old 03-31-2022, 07:40 PM

404 posts, read 434,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
No curtains at the window at midnight? So, what colour was it? Blue? Could have been someone testing out one of the next-doors lasers maybe? The FBI would probably be interested in guys who sell that kind of military stuff or they might be a terrorist cell perhaps? Any story they give you may not be the whole truth either.

It cannot hurt to get an eye test and besides, then you would know it was not something health-related which was causing the flashes/orbs/etc. With these kind of weird things, you need to eliminate the obvious first and then start thinking of the weird afterwards.
I have blinds, they are closed but traffic lights and such can seep through. They advertise the business openly, whole thing is weird. Guy is like a sales rep according to the website. The website claims they work with allied nations. Id rather not live next to such a business person. But what can you do. I really dont want to know more lol. It was blue. Normally I see a pin prick sprite/orb. This one started off as an orb, but then transformed into a tiny thin lightning like strip. Lasted about two seconds. I suspect either a laser of some kind or retinal detachment but it was so bright. Just dunno. Or a disembodied spirit. Im not sure I like any of the possibilities. I will get my eye checked out. I know it sounds crazy.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:37 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
I took it to mean that he had a burning sensation in his eye for an hour, not that he was staring into it for an hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Midwest Noobie View Post
This.
OK, thanks to both of you for explaining.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:47 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
It could be something physical going wrong with your eyes, but the fact you mentioned that you have had multiple experiences with 'high strangeness' in the past...this may be related.

From what Ive seen and read over the years, the people that have these experiences, usually have them over the course of their lives, and not just one or two incidents.

Ive never heard anything like what you say happened though, Ive also never heard of orbs being associated with UFOs in anyway.

Old 04-03-2022, 07:16 PM

2,039 posts, read 854,250 times
Blue orbs are common and real. It probably was a paranormal event. We don’t really understand what these orbs are but more and more people are seeing them all the time. My experience with one was about 10 years ago. I woke up to my dog growling and barking at 3 AM in the morning. I got up and he was staring into the corner of the dining room with his hair standing up growling and barking at something I could not see. A few moments later a blue orb appeared just floating there for about 10 seconds. then floated along the side of the wall and shot across the room right through the wall. It freaks me out still to this day.

Old 04-04-2022, 09:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Blue orbs are common and real. It probably was a paranormal event. We don’t really understand what these orbs are but more and more people are seeing them all the time. My experience with one was about 10 years ago. I woke up to my dog growling and barking at 3 AM in the morning. I got up and he was staring into the corner of the dining room with his hair standing up growling and barking at something I could not see. A few moments later a blue orb appeared just floating there for about 10 seconds. then floated along the side of the wall and shot across the room right through the wall. It freaks me out still to this day.
Ive had a similar incident one time, back when I was first married and living in an apartment...

We lived on the top floor, and had a walk out balcony, one day in spring when it was warm, I had the balcony door open and our cat was coming and going from the balcony as I cleaned house, at one point, I heard what sounded like a helicopter flying very low over the building, I could feel the blades chopping the air in my chest, at that moment, I looked at our cat, who was right by the balcony door, she was looking up and went into a defense mode, and she started hissing at whatever she was looking at...I assumed this was a helicopter...until I went outside and there was NOTHING. It took me under 3 seconds to reach the balcony and the visibility from our balcony was many miles in each direction...it was a clear blue sky, not a helicopter in sight...the sounds I heard lasted around 20 seconds and it was gone. I know it was not a helicopter and that our cat saw whatever it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal