Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 06:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,421,006 times

Advertisements

I have to admit, as a guy in his late 40s, I had never heard of 'otherkin', I have heard of 'Furries' though, (those people who dress up in elaborate animal type costumes, A friend on FB sent me a link about this, because it came up in a recent conversation, this is the part that made me think...

Furries and other people who identify as non-human in some substantial degree are known as "otherkin." "Therians" are otherkin who identify with, in whole or part, an actually existing species that live or have lived on Earth (wolves are the most common). Some reserve the term otherkin for those identifying as fictional or fantastical creatures (dragons, vampires, etc.)

Is it possible 'Dogman/werewolf' reports could be these people, (in elaborate suits)?

It sounds possible to me, but it would be a HUGE HUGE risk for those people! Especially if its done out in the middle of nowhere, in a very rural or wooded area, (chances are good that they could be shot and killed)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2022, 07:11 AM

22,836 posts, read 28,056,422 times
I know this is politically incorrect to state, but I'll state it anyway: Furries need therapy. Intense, intense therapy.

Old 04-13-2022, 11:17 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,621,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have to admit, as a guy in his late 40s, I had never heard of 'otherkin', I have heard of 'Furries' though, (those people who dress up in elaborate animal type costumes, A friend on FB sent me a link about this, because it came up in a recent conversation, this is the part that made me think...

Furries and other people who identify as non-human in some substantial degree are known as "otherkin." "Therians" are otherkin who identify with, in whole or part, an actually existing species that live or have lived on Earth (wolves are the most common). Some reserve the term otherkin for those identifying as fictional or fantastical creatures (dragons, vampires, etc.)

Is it possible 'Dogman/werewolf' reports could be these people, (in elaborate suits)?

It sounds possible to me, but it would be a HUGE HUGE risk for those people! Especially if its done out in the middle of nowhere, in a very rural or wooded area, (chances are good that they could be shot and killed)
I highly doubt "those" people are being misidentified as dogmen. The things being misidentified are more like old stumps and bears. I believe most sightings are wishful thinking and 99.999% straight up liars saying they saw something and lastly the few with severe mental problems hallucinating.

Old 04-13-2022, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I know this is politically incorrect to state, but I'll state it anyway: Furries need therapy. Intense, intense therapy.
I agree with you! I knew there were people into this, but I had no idea of how detailed and complex it all is, there is all sorts of different 'sub genres', 'Furries' is just a general term... I found out there is group dedicated to some My little Pony cartoon, (I forget the name of this group), but it looked pretty dumb to me!

The site I visited claimed this was not a sexual type fetish, but all the people I saw that were into it, looked like sex was a big part of this.

It must a young person thing is all I can say! LOL I dont recall knowing any furries when I was in my teens and early 20s, I did know a few people into some bizarre sexual stuff, (like one girl I dated briefly, she had a custom 'sex bench', all kinds of belts and straps). I never got into any of that stuff, even though I was into the 'punk/alternative' stuff back in my mid teens, a lot of these people are into weird sexual stuff from what I remember...Its funny, I see a lot of young kids today sporting blue, green, purple, fire engine red hair, mohawks, etc...but my crowd was doing this same thing back in the early 90s! I had my Doc Martens, Stretch F***IN Jeans, leather jacket, colored hair, the works.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I highly doubt "those" people are being misidentified as dogmen. The things being misidentified are more like old stumps and bears. I believe most sightings are wishful thinking and 99.999% straight up liars saying they saw something and lastly the few with severe mental problems hallucinating.
This was a long shot, the reports people turn in, dont really match up with what the 'Furries' are doing, Ive not seen any furries that create a nasty, dirty looking werewolf type suit...they seem to use bright colors and really exaggerated physical features, (nothing like a Dogman description).

A lot of people probably agree with you on the 'misidentification' theory, but that really doesnt match up to stumps or bears either, plus like Ive said before...if someone 'misidentifies' a stump or known animal (for a dogman), that implies they BELIEVE a Dogman exists. People that do not believe, are not going to make misidentifications like this, instead they would chalk it up to seeing a known animal, in a strange position/light and nothing more.

I do still think there is 'SOMETHING' to this, but I will admit, a large percentage of the sightings, are probably made up or faked intentionally, I like reading the older sighting reports, before Dogman even became a word, and really before the popular image of the movie werewolf was established. There are just FAR too many credible people, (who have nothing to gain) from faking a sighting, and actually, publicly speaking about it, is not a positive thing for them.

I sort of think ALL of this is probably connected in some way, Ghosts UFOs, cryptids, gnomes (LOL), etc...if you read as many sighting/incident reports as I have, many similarities, across the board, start to become more clear...In most Dogman/cryptid eyewitness reports, their behavior is strangely similar to most other phenomena...'they' appear to just be toying with people, or attempting to frighten and not go any further...Majority of UFO reports claim the exact same behavior, ghost sightings and Bigfoot incidents are also very similar in nature...almost like this is ONE entity(s), taking on different forms, for some purpose...Whatever these things are, one thing is sure...its an extremely rare occurrence for a person to see one or interact with it in some way.

One final thing I will mention (ive brought this up before), but I never really looked into it more...A very old UFO report I read earlier today, from 1918, a woman was walking her dog next to a wooded area on a dirt path out in the country, her report mentioned that her dog suddenly became upset and started acting strangely, it became very aggressive at trying to go back in the direction of their home, the lady claimed to see a large hairy ape man, (basic Sasquatch description, 7-8ft tall, stinky smell, long matted hair, face somewhere between an ape and a man, black colored skin, etc)...

Her dogs behavior reminded me of a past theory I had on dogs/cats reacting to these cryptids...Years ago, I played a supposed dogman/bigfoot howl/vocalization, my dog definitely reacted to it, and in a much different way, than when I played a vocalization of a common wolf/dog...upon hearing the known animal sounds, my dog got excited, (wagging tail, anxious behavior)...but the reaction to the cryptid sound, my dog cowered in fear, and also acted aggressive briefly.

Now, obviously I cannot PROVE the 'Dogman sounds' were actually from a Dogman...BUT, the fact that there was a huge difference in my dogs reaction, that is indicative of something significant imo. There are NUMEROUS reports that mention strange/bizarre animal behavior, when supposedly in the presence of one of these things, (and the behavior is consistent, not only from dog to dog, but to different species of animals too), such as cows, horses, goats, etc.

I would be interested in trying to do a little experiment based on this theory, Im fairly positive the results would show completely different reactions from known animal sounds...and 'cryptid' sounds...Im not sure what would come next after such an experiment, as I cannot produce a real cryptid to use! Maybe putting one of these brain activity sensors on a dog/cat, and then see what happens when a cryptid sound is played? I know with Humans, its like a helmet with sensors, and the brain activity shows up in various colors on a computer screen, showing how different parts of the brain are triggered and activated...not sure if this would be the same on dogs/cats though, my thinking is, maybe their mental reaction, that could in some way, allow us to understand why they react in different ways?

Old 04-14-2022, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I agree with you! I knew there were people into this, but I had no idea of how detailed and complex it all is, there is all sorts of different 'sub genres', 'Furries' is just a general term... I found out there is group dedicated to some My little Pony cartoon, (I forget the name of this group), but it looked pretty dumb to me!
Anyone over the age of nine who is a serious MY LITTLE PONY FAN immediately warrants suspicion.

Quote:
The site I visited claimed this was not a sexual type fetish, but all the people I saw that were into it, looked like sex was a big part of this.
It is. If you are ever approached by furries at a sci-fi convention, run the other way. Unless you're into people dressing up like turtles and horses and squirrels and foxes and having orgies in the hotel. It is a hundred kinds of creepy. Any human who is sexually aroused by horses and squirrels needs serious mental health treatment.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Anyone over the age of nine who is a serious MY LITTLE PONY FAN immediately warrants suspicion.

It is. If you are ever approached by furries at a sci-fi convention, run the other way. Unless you're into people dressing up like turtles and horses and squirrels and foxes and having orgies in the hotel. It is a hundred kinds of creepy. Any human who is sexually aroused by horses and squirrels needs serious mental health treatment.
Yep, we are definitely on the same page with that opinion!!

Its must a boredom thing with these kids today, when i was their age, I was out partying, drinking, drugging, and chasing girls.You would think they could find something better to do with their time. The closest thing I came to any of this was a few times, some friends and I tried playing D&D, it was OK, but way too complex for me, I didnt see the point of spending a lot of time doing that, however I did have some good friends that really got into D&D, they had all kinds of books, and compendiums, etc...they could tell you how much power a red dragon had, how strong a dwarf could attack, and so on. LOL

From what I read, these people are attracted to animals, (like you said), but cartoonish type animals, that have human characteristics, and also wearing human clothes. Just imagine what kind of bizarre stuff will come with the next generation, (if this is the level we are at today?!) Seems very apparent, our society gets more and more depraved/sick as we progress thru the years

Old 04-15-2022, 06:55 AM

Quote:
You would think they could find something better to do with their time.
This is what today's kids are doing with their time:

It's the primary reason they are so easily manipulated.

It is a small comfort to me though. When the global A.I. finally becomes self-aware and decides to enslave us all, it won't need nukes or Terminators. Just a new ap on everyone's phones. We'll line up to be good little workers bees, as long as the masters keep us fed on blinky-blinky.

Last edited by Mark S.; 04-15-2022 at 08:13 AM..

Old 04-15-2022, 07:00 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,621,424 times
Quote:
Yep, we are definitely on the same page with that opinion!!

Its must a boredom thing with these kids today, when i was their age, I was out partying, drinking, drugging, and chasing girls.You would think they could find something better to do with their time. The closest thing I came to any of this was a few times, some friends and I tried playing D&D, it was OK, but way too complex for me, I didnt see the point of spending a lot of time doing that, however I did have some good friends that really got into D&D, they had all kinds of books, and compendiums, etc...they could tell you how much power a red dragon had, how strong a dwarf could attack, and so on. LOL

From what I read, these people are attracted to animals, (like you said), but cartoonish type animals, that have human characteristics, and also wearing human clothes. Just imagine what kind of bizarre stuff will come with the next generation, (if this is the level we are at today?!) Seems very apparent, our society gets more and more depraved/sick as we progress thru the years
Isn't D&D almost exactly like cryptids then? There are all kinds of books, web sites, and even buildings with "paraphernalia" in them that they charge people to see. They can even tell you about different types and what they supposedly act like. What is worse wasting years playing a make believe game or wasting years researching cryptids and never finding anything real?

My observation is that society is getting better by leaps and bounds but many as they age see everything as getting worse. Many don't like change.

Old 04-15-2022, 11:08 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,111,398 times
My question is where do cats fit into this theory. The big cats have been around longer than wolves. And I have my own thoughts about cats’ manipulative abilities. They’re also furry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal