Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 05:44 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,656,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
We want some action! lol

They Blew Up Congress! ACK ACK ACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn1x3XtmSuk
I laughed loudly in the theater at that scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 05:53 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesBoy View Post
We're freakin primitive. That's we can't explain anything. 140 years ago, we were still riding horses and using candles as lightbulbs.

Those UFOs are out there and we have no defense against them. If they're "manned" UFOs, they are not made of human flesh because they are not humans. Might be a life form we've never seen before.
You don't have to go back that far. My Grandfather was a cavalryman for the US Army. Not a cavalry of tanks and helicopters but horses before WW2.

Old 05-18-2022, 05:54 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,924 times
Quote:
We want some action! lol

They Blew Up Congress! ACK ACK ACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn1x3XtmSuk
Ha! Reminds me of one of Jeff Dunham's characters!

Just curious.... is the general consensus that most or all UAPs are of (Earth) military origin? Or, from other worlds? And does that belief tip the scales that the UAPs are a threat, or benevolent?

I ask because so many opinions are solidly one or the other. IMO, a bigger picture might be getting missed: there are enough variety of UAPs on record now, that there can be other worlds involved along with our own; and that any threats are from this planet, not others. I've given up thinking we (Earth) are going to be the peacemakers.... and I have a hunch that other planets are involved, & they are the kinder ones.

Old 05-19-2022, 05:18 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
I think they are just using UFOs as a way to captivate their audience. Covid is over, and only 5 in 10 Americans care about the war in Ukraine anymore, we are sick to death of Johnny Depp, so they need something bigger and more scary to put on the news for ratings.

Just my 2cents, I could be wrong..

I don't actually believe in "aliens" anymore. I think everything is military and these are war games, it's just a matter of which country is doing what. That, to me, makes more sense than some hillbilly getting an anal probe.
Defining what 'aliens' are or may be is difficult imo, the name is a catch all for something we do not understand, (if they are ultra terrestrial, extraterrestrial, or extra dimensional), 'alien' is still appropriate.

One point about the distraction theory though, plenty of opportunities in the past to use this as an effective distraction, but it wasnt, and really its not an effective distraction, go over on the politics board, rarely does anything UFO/alien get brought up, its mainly about political controversies and popular/current topics, UFOs and aliens are sort of a niche interest, a large percentage of people could care less about this topic, they dont care one way or the other, (my ex wife and my dad are both like this).

It is possible aliens are the new 'threat to our safety or way of life', this is most probable imo, with the way the govt and DOD are behaving, Im sure they would love to justify $50 Trillion in defense spending to defend against this new threat! but to pull that off, the threat has to look very threatening.

Whatever these things are, they are not a new thing, they have been mentioned all thru history, and some debate that activity is increasing, but most likely its the same as it has always been, they do seem interested in humans but who knows for what purpose.

Im sort of off the biblical demon theory too, at one time, I thought this was most probable, but overall, the deception is not effective enough, (not enough people believe or take it seriously), imo, according to how the bible describes demons, if UFOs were them, it would be a much more relevant topic.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:36 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Defining what 'aliens' are or may be is difficult imo, the name is a catch all for something we do not understand, (if they are ultra terrestrial, extraterrestrial, or extra dimensional), 'alien' is still appropriate.

One point about the distraction theory though, plenty of opportunities in the past to use this as an effective distraction, but it wasnt, and really its not an effective distraction, go over on the politics board, rarely does anything UFO/alien get brought up, its mainly about political controversies and popular/current topics, UFOs and aliens are sort of a niche interest, a large percentage of people could care less about this topic, they dont care one way or the other, (my ex wife and my dad are both like this).

It is possible aliens are the new 'threat to our safety or way of life', this is most probable imo, with the way the govt and DOD are behaving, Im sure they would love to justify $50 Trillion in defense spending to defend against this new threat! but to pull that off, the threat has to look very threatening.

Whatever these things are, they are not a new thing, they have been mentioned all thru history, and some debate that activity is increasing, but most likely its the same as it has always been, they do seem interested in humans but who knows for what purpose.

Im sort of off the biblical demon theory too, at one time, I thought this was most probable, but overall, the deception is not effective enough, (not enough people believe or take it seriously), imo, according to how the bible describes demons, if UFOs were them, it would be a much more relevant topic.
I totally agree, lol I have no idea how to define them. I've been back and forth over the years myself as to what *that* is, or if any of it even exists...

I would certainly not put it past the government to pocket $50 Trillion though!

Old 05-20-2022, 12:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
I totally agree, lol I have no idea how to define them. I've been back and forth over the years myself as to what *that* is, or if any of it even exists...

I would certainly not put it past the government to pocket $50 Trillion though!
I dont think we have the faintest clue about what these things really are...

'Aliens/UFOs' has sort of become synonymous with beings from some other planet, or system, or from another dimension, I guess Hollywood is somewhat responsible that instilling that into the publics consciousness, watch alien related movies from the 1950s, almost always do the aliens and their disc shaped craft originate from Mars, Venus, the moon, etc, etc!

I just wonder if that was intentional to some degree. The timing of these movies is VERY interesting as well. (early 1950s).

What I see when I look at these things...are some form of intelligent life, that originates HERE on earth, of if they did come from somewhere else, it may have been before humans even walked the earth.

I will never forget the gold ball I saw in my backyard, I can remember every detail about that night, that thing was under intelligent control, and it was not mechanical in anyway, it was more biological if anything, but not like anything we are familiar with, whatever it was, it was far different than life as we know it.

Old 07-06-2022, 11:35 AM

572 posts, read 279,567 times
Interesting piece on aviator frustrations from The Hill newspaper.

https://thehill.com/opinion/national...from-pentagon/

Old 07-24-2022, 02:00 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
"Luis Elizondo is a former U.S. Army Counterintelligence Special Agent and former employee of the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence."

He also headed up that secret UFO investigation unit created by the Fed. He is very credible.
Is the end game to go on TV and make money?

Yes there are things in the sky we've never seen the likes of before. I saw a UFO with my friend while we were sleeping out in a tent at her house on a hot summer night. It was literally nearly silent and two stories above her house. It was a metallic white saucer with red and white lights that blinked in a sequence around the saucer. It also had tiny square windows like you would see in any earth bound airplane all around it.

It scared the crap out of us. We were convinced that it was not of this world.

Look. If I had some kind of experimental top secret aircraft I was working on, and I knew that people would see it no matter how secretive I tried to be flying it. Do you think I would brag about or do you think I would create a diversion and a red herring narrative that it was indeed from outer space?

Our government is tricky, secretive, sneaky and anything else you can think about. UFO's can easily fit into that narrative. People are gullible. I was a kid when I saw it and I was convinced that it was not of this Earth. On the other side? I'm convinced that they are experimental aircraft. The next planet that may or may not contain intelligent life is 4.2 light years away from us. Proxima Centauri would take us about 6,300 years to get to traveling at the speed of light. It's more plausible that these crafts are made right here on planet Earth.

People lie for a buck too.

Old 07-24-2022, 03:21 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Is the end game to go on TV and make money?

Yes there are things in the sky we've never seen the likes of before. I saw a UFO with my friend while we were sleeping out in a tent at her house on a hot summer night. It was literally nearly silent and two stories above her house. It was a metallic white saucer with red and white lights that blinked in a sequence around the saucer. It also had tiny square windows like you would see in any earth bound airplane all around it.

It scared the crap out of us. We were convinced that it was not of this world.

Look. If I had some kind of experimental top secret aircraft I was working on, and I knew that people would see it no matter how secretive I tried to be flying it. Do you think I would brag about or do you think I would create a diversion and a red herring narrative that it was indeed from outer space?

Our government is tricky, secretive, sneaky and anything else you can think about. UFO's can easily fit into that narrative. People are gullible. I was a kid when I saw it and I was convinced that it was not of this Earth. On the other side? I'm convinced that they are experimental aircraft. The next planet that may or may not contain intelligent life is 4.2 light years away from us. Proxima Centauri would take us about 6,300 years to get to traveling at the speed of light. It's more plausible that these crafts are made right here on planet Earth.

People lie for a buck too.
Are you including a lot of acceleration and deceleration time?

Old 07-24-2022, 05:49 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Ha! Reminds me of one of Jeff Dunham's characters!

Just curious.... is the general consensus that most or all UAPs are of (Earth) military origin? Or, from other worlds? And does that belief tip the scales that the UAPs are a threat, or benevolent?

I ask because so many opinions are solidly one or the other. IMO, a bigger picture might be getting missed: there are enough variety of UAPs on record now, that there can be other worlds involved along with our own; and that any threats are from this planet, not others. I've given up thinking we (Earth) are going to be the peacemakers.... and I have a hunch that other planets are involved, & they are the kinder ones.

Since these UAP/UFOs have been seen for thousands of years, they cannot ALL be military. The Germans allegedly developed the technology during WW2 and moved it to South America/Antarctica, and the US/Russia moved the remaining scientists back to get the technology after the war. Some of these are DEFINITELY military, but some are also ET.

If the ETs wanted to invade and enslave they could have done so many years ago. They obviously do not want to do this.

So, we are left with what Von Braun reportedly said, which is that the governments are going to try to start a war using the aliens as an excuse. This is what we are seeing now. The governments have to convince us ET is dangerous so we agree to war. Just like the argument for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. They never found those, did they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal