Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 03:55 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I didn't claim "no means of lift". I said no lifting surfaces, i.e. wings. Multi-rotor drones can perform incredible aerobatics, ones that would kill a human pilot if it were human size. And in some drone designs the rotors are contained within an unconventional shape.

Repeating also that I did not suggest that any reported UAPs were drones. Just pointing out that aircraft exist that look very alien-like and can perform maneuvers that are impossible for winged craft.

Exhibit A: the Romanian ADIFO.
A helicopter rotor, and a drone's "propellers", are lifting surfaces (they have an airfoil cross section).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 03:44 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
A helicopter rotor, and a drone's "propellers", are lifting surfaces (they have an airfoil cross section).
Correct. I didn't want to get so deep into semantics that the point was lost. Maybe should have said non-rotating lifting surfaces. At any rate, the point was that there are lots of strange-looking, non-aerodynamic craft that exist today, some of them capable of mind-bending aerobatics.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:09 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Correct. I didn't want to get so deep into semantics that the point was lost. Maybe should have said non-rotating lifting surfaces. At any rate, the point was that there are lots of strange-looking, non-aerodynamic craft that exist today, some of them capable of mind-bending aerobatics.
Unless you are privy to some interesting secrets, as far as I know, the standard US military does NOT have craft which can do mind-bending aerobatics at mind-bending speeds like we see in the UFOs. If these craft are those which belong to the black budget projects, then why are they being paraded in front of regular military personnel who do not know of their existence? What would that achieve? I would assume if this is a secret technology then it would be kept under wraps.

As far as I have read, the only stuff which can go at mind-bending speeds of tens of thousands of miles per hour are craft with wings and (sc)ramjets. These are not able to stop dead or turn a sharp 90 degrees without slowing down.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:10 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
That seems to be the case, based on what the Navy pilots have seen and photographed. I wonder if they have any visible light videos or photos. Or did they actually lay eyes on the craft or whatever they were? All we've seen so far are infrared videos.

Old 05-25-2022, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
That seems to be the case, based on what the Navy pilots have seen and photographed. I wonder if they have any visible light videos or photos. Or did they actually lay eyes on the craft or whatever they were? All we've seen so far are infrared videos.
Would love to see visible light evidence of the tic tac shapes the Navy pilots encountered. We have better footage of the high-speed dogfight off the Libyan coast. I'm not convinced that the Navy encounters weren't a combo of known technologies deployed to test our capabilities by either our own or enemy forces.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:46 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Look at the current most advanced aircraft today...the F35 fighter jet, after that, the un manned drones, (what do all of these have in common?)...they all rely on very old physics of aviation.

There is no mistaking an F35, it looks and sounds like a fighter jet, in other words, its NOT even close to something that can fly without wings or tail, totally silent.

To go from something like an F35...to a flying square box, (that has incredible capabilities), is 100s if not more years of technological progress separating the two.

Even the advanced un manned drones used today, they look like typical aircraft, and operate like them too.

I just dont see humans having this kind of aviation technology, one could argue they may keep it secret, but keep it secret for close to a 100yrs? that seems very unlikely, all militarys of the world are fairly close to each other, in terms of aviation technology, including those not friendly with the US...if this super technology was available, and its been known about for decades, dont you think we would see at least some evidence of that?

Plus, we can look back thru the years of aviation technology and see how it progresses over the years, to where we are today...theorizing that these super advanced UFOs are ours is not logical, there is no period in history where a massive leap forward in technology happened, if it did, it would be obvious, in the aircraft being used/tested.
The description of the box UFO, the ones recently reported by retired fighter pilots is a square within a circle. The box has color, a gray color, the circle that encases the box is transparent, sort of like some sort of force. The four corners of the box touches the circle.

I agree with you 100% that these are not test vehicles by any government, because it has been going on for many years. The only way I see this happening is if Bob Lazar is correct and that reverse engineering is taking place. If that is the case, we will still be at square one in that we have advanced visitors that we have no explanation for.

I do believe our government and other governments know much more than they are saying. I believe all we have seen from the US government is very little, just a trickle of evidence. However, I firmly believe over time that trickle will increase. I also believe our government has physical evidence. You can bank on it. This in time will also be released to the public.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
The military is using many sizes and shapes of drones from huge winged Predator types to multi-rotor, hover-capable minis similar to mass-market drones. The tic-tac and box-shape reports are unidentified so we don't know what they were. Just pointing out that existing drones are capable of extraordinary flight patterns that craft with lifting surfaces and onboard-pilots are not capable of.
Very true about the many different drones both from government and private industry that do look and in some cases act like one would think a classic UFO behaves. I've seen video of groups of programmable drones doing things unheard of 10 or so years ago. One can be fooled easily. However, not to be confused with what the federal government is admitting to and those retired, high up officials, fighter pilots, ship crew personnel, not to mention many civilians in every occupation, who have spotted things for decades, long before these drones existed.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:12 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
The description of the box UFO, the ones recently reported by retired fighter pilots is a square within a circle. The box has color, a gray color, the circle that encases the box is transparent, sort of like some sort of force. The four corners of the box touches the circle.

I agree with you 100% that these are not test vehicles by any government, because it has been going on for many years. The only way I see this happening is if Bob Lazar is correct and that reverse engineering is taking place. If that is the case, we will still be at square one in that we have advanced visitors that we have no explanation for.

I do believe our government and other governments know much more than they are saying. I believe all we have seen from the US government is very little, just a trickle of evidence. However, I firmly believe over time that trickle will increase. I also believe our government has physical evidence. You can bank on it. This in time will also be released to the public.
But there has been a recent shift in how govts view these things though, in decades past, they would have NEVER released classified videos, and if they truly wanted to keep this under wraps...they had the perfect chance when everyone was hyped up about the Congressional UFO report!

They could have very easily told us, its some natural phenomena, or even better, its 'experimental aircraft'...if they had done that, everyone would have forgot about it by now, but they went the opposite direction and I think that was very much intentional...they publicly admitted that the majority of reports they looked at were UNEXPLAINABLE, and they went further even...They concluded they were not experimental aircraft, nor were they from foreign nations! (that is a HUGE HUGE shift in the way our Govt responds to these things).

WHY even tell the public there was a 'classified version' of that report? LOL They are fanning the flames, they intentionally left out 'aliens'...so citizens would automatically jump to that conclusion...when they rule out experimental and other nations...tell me what else the public will think?

Something must have changed recently, or world govts made some new discovery, leading them down this path, to speak more openly about UFOs, I think we may see something like disclosure coming soon, maybe not what we think they will say, but perhaps a 'new threat', (one the govt needs budget money for)...

What better way to distract the citizens and possibly justify new laws, new taxes, new restrictions, etc?

Old 05-26-2022, 03:37 AM

Why do y'all think they stopped refering to them as Unidentified Flying Objects and changed to Unidentified Aerial Phenomena?

Old 05-26-2022, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
But there has been a recent shift in how govts view these things though, in decades past, they would have NEVER released classified videos, and if they truly wanted to keep this under wraps...they had the perfect chance when everyone was hyped up about the Congressional UFO report!

They could have very easily told us, its some natural phenomena, or even better, its 'experimental aircraft'...if they had done that, everyone would have forgot about it by now, but they went the opposite direction and I think that was very much intentional...they publicly admitted that the majority of reports they looked at were UNEXPLAINABLE, and they went further even...They concluded they were not experimental aircraft, nor were they from foreign nations! (that is a HUGE HUGE shift in the way our Govt responds to these things).

WHY even tell the public there was a 'classified version' of that report? LOL They are fanning the flames, they intentionally left out 'aliens'...so citizens would automatically jump to that conclusion...when they rule out experimental and other nations...tell me what else the public will think?

Something must have changed recently, or world govts made some new discovery, leading them down this path, to speak more openly about UFOs, I think we may see something like disclosure coming soon, maybe not what we think they will say, but perhaps a 'new threat', (one the govt needs budget money for)...

What better way to distract the citizens and possibly justify new laws, new taxes, new restrictions, etc?
My understanding is Luis Elozondo, who headed up AATIP for 10 years, was frustrated because he could not properly do his job, and was blocked time and time again to pursue several leads. Apparently some classified material was closed to him even though he had the authority and a top secret clearance. In frustration he quit. Then there is:

"Christopher Karl Mellon (born October 2, 1957),[1] is a private equity investor,[citation needed] former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations and later for Security and Information Operations. He formerly served as the Staff Director of the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence."

who was also frustrated. Somewhere along the lines classified video was released to journalists. Now, here we are, Senate committees admitting there is something in the skies that we have no explanation for, we have no control over. First time ever. A scenario like this is exactly how one would think would eventually happen as far as the Government's breakdown and or control over something classified and locked down for so many years. Eventually someone is going to speak up, and they did. I'll also add that there have been several former government officials in the past who've admitted the presence of UFOs on their deathbeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal