Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 09:48 AM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, considering that the Army now has a contract to experiment/study some of these recovered materials...sounds like it went as they both expected.

<snip>

I can definitely understand this having military applications, but for the general public? IDK, the only ones that could benefit from such a thing the way I see it, would be criminals, I cannot think of any other useful application for citizens in general, to make themselves invisible?
The Army could certainly find a lot of uses for it. I hope it's never made available to the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 11:26 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
A couple points about time travel, worm holes and such--

The universe seems to be quantized-- energy, space and time-- on the quatum level. So worm holes and moving backwards in time does happen, on the quantum level....But--

..to move backwards in time on a larger scale, one would have to exactly reproduce the position in spacetime and energy levels of every single quark in the system EXACTLY as it was in the "present" state--- mathematically not imposssible, but impossible from the practical standpoint on a macro-level.

Anti-gravity machines-- certainly possible using the principles used in Dolby sound system. They make a noise with a wave length and amplitude exactly like the sound they want to negate, but it's off by a half wave period so the bad sound added to the Dolby sound adds to zero. They cancdel each other...

...that could be done for gravity waves too. We can after all, make synthetic light just like the Sun, BUT-- we can't make enough of it to negate intensity/volume of the light waves coming from the Sun, and we surely can't make enough gravity waves to negate those of ther Earth....Gravity is a property of matter-- We'd need enough matter in our machine to negate the matter in the planet.

Space and time are quantized. When you travel from one point (x,y,z,t) in space time to the next point on the quantum level, it's not a continuous move, but a "jump." The worm hole is the void, undefined volume between points. Again, a quantum object can make the jump, but the odds of getting ALL the quanta in the moving object to wind up in exactly the same configuratin on the destination point is infitessimally small on the macro- level.

Theory is nice, but we live in the Real World.
If these UFOs can break numerous law of physics, in the same air we fly in...its possible for us to do the same.

I get the distinct impression, that our Govt knows much more about this stuff than we think, and it makes sense they would try to suppress that...think about it...if they suddenly announced groundbreaking tech advancements, (similar to capabilities UFOs have demonstrated)...that would RADICALLY change our way of life in every way imaginable...

Anti-gravity itself would change transportation overnight! and the general public is not going to just keep buying vehicles that require fuel...people will demand this new technology for transportation, it would also change shipping, the oil industry, car and truck industries, etc...you name it, it would radically change...

The problem with 'anti-gravity'...there is no way it could be metered out for sale by unit...it would essentially be 'free', (could be pulled right out of the air, like tuning into a radio station), the economic results would be devastating to the whole world.

Ive brought this up before and its applicable here too...The Invention Secrecy Act of 1951...(google it and look at the criteria the patent office uses to determine whether to use this act to suppress a new technology or invention!), one factor is the new inventions impact on existing industry, another is the new inventions potential to effect Govt being able to exert its authority. (Pretty odd that they saw the need for such an act in 1951, huh? (or that its still in effect today!...there is a website that lists the inventions/technologies, that have been suppressed using this act, they list them under various categories...needless to say, 'transportation' is one of the big ones! LOL The Patent office claims over 50K new inventions/new technology has been suppressed since the 1950s, using the Invention Secrecy Act.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:39 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Isn't this simply what happens when you team up a powerful politician, that loves political contributions, with any industry or business that needs funding? It does not matter if there is truth or fiction to the claims, as long as the money continues to flow.
^^This is the real answer.^^ I personally know a government grant writer and a few that have taken advantage and received that money. The actual project is irrelevant in many cases.

I don't know about the others but real invisibility cloaks used on military aircraft have been around for over 15 years in my personal experience.I have no idea how they work. If the plane is fairly close when flying by it looks like a fuzzy circle around the plane and you can kinda make out the plane. The best I can describe it is like when you look out over a corn field on a hot summer day. It looks fuzzy/blurry just above the corn from the water leaving the plants. It's like that but more intense.

Old 04-28-2022, 01:52 PM

19,712 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post

I suggest anyone thinking about boring a hole through the moon with nuclear explosives needs to read the book, Seveneves by Neal Stephenson.
Or we could just smack them upside the head a couple/few times..

Old 04-28-2022, 11:31 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
^^This is the real answer.^^ I personally know a government grant writer and a few that have taken advantage and received that money. The actual project is irrelevant in many cases.

I don't know about the others but real invisibility cloaks used on military aircraft have been around for over 15 years in my personal experience.I have no idea how they work. If the plane is fairly close when flying by it looks like a fuzzy circle around the plane and you can kinda make out the plane. The best I can describe it is like when you look out over a corn field on a hot summer day. It looks fuzzy/blurry just above the corn from the water leaving the plants. It's like that but more intense.
This particular case though, that is not the complete explanation, I agree that Harry Reid probably didnt care one way or the other about aliens or UFOs, (BUT he did want to land incredible new technology for military applications, (thats what this was really about!)

Bigelow may have had some personal interest in this area (aliens/UFOs), but I would say the motivating factor for him as well...was NEW technology that could be sold and developed to the military...

And look what happened...The Army now has a contract to experiment and research some of this 'stuff'! and actually the contract in whole can be found online, its not classified and none of it is redacted.

The Military Industrial machine are the ones who are really going to clean up financially from this...

I was talking to a friend of mine about this subject in general, and she mentioned that it was pretty obvious what their plan was, (and this ties in with the Congressional UFO report), keep in mind they made it a point to NOT rule out 'aliens' (that is HUGE HUGE HUGE!)...

And all the while the 'Army' has this contract...They are priming/prepping us for some near future 'threat from off planet'...(and thank God the military Industrial Complex will have probably figured out some incredible new technology (to defend the planet)...isnt it eerie how the timing plays out on this? LOL, it could not be more perfect for them!

***the Army and likely every other branch can now fully justify the massive defense budgets that will undoubtedly be needed to stave off this new threat!? HA HA...

Essentially, they are setting up a chess board and they know all the moves they need to make, in order for majority of the citizens, to realize and agree, the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX, needs MUCH more money to defend against this new threat! VERY VERY clever on their part.

Its basically par for the course, for them...they create the 'threat', and then justify the budget needs to defend the country from it!

Ive said this on the P/C board a few times...but it applies here just as well..."Tyrants are going to be tyrants, they are going to enact tyrannical things, its their nature"

Old 05-03-2022, 07:52 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post

I believe this is why "they" have been interested in Bigfoot - because it appears as if he can disappear. Whether this reported invisibility is a natural ability or if it is a technical ability, "they" want it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal