Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 07:57 PM

10,894 posts, read 7,386,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
This is an advertising pseudo documentary for the thrill ride experience at Disney. The ride was called alien encounter. It was deemed too scary, and taken out.

Which is why no one has ever seen it. The ride no longer exists.

https://ladycultblog.com/2019/07/05/...anetencounter/
Wait, you mean a Disney production was !gasp! Fiction?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 10:24 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I must have misinterpreted that.....I did not take that to mean they were after souls; I took that as we have been progressing towards an enlightenment. Maybe this stuff is just too "heady" for my brain....
Yeah, because thats what happens every time a more advanced civilization comes into contact with a lessor advanced one! LOL

We may disagree on the souls thing, but whatever they are here for, its not good for us, why else would these things prefer to stay in the shadows for such a long time? That is generally not a good indication the way I see it, (implies they do not want us knowing something or knowing about them).

Old 05-24-2022, 05:29 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yeah, because thats what happens every time a more advanced civilization comes into contact with a lessor advanced one! LOL

We may disagree on the souls thing, but whatever they are here for, its not good for us, why else would these things prefer to stay in the shadows for such a long time? That is generally not a good indication the way I see it, (implies they do not want us knowing something or knowing about them).
The problem with your doom and gloom and way of thinking about aliens is that if they do exist and visit, they have already been doing so for hundreds if not thousands of years.
Given the fact that they would be so much farther advanced than we are, it wouldn't take much work at all to wipe us out without much effort if they wanted to. They would have done so long, long ago if they were a threat. There are no minerals on this planet that don't exist in great quantities throughout the universe including on asteroids.

As far as why they wouldn't want us to know specifics about themselves or why they are here the answer is simple. They don't want to interfere or interfere as little as possible allowing us to create our own destiny. If they came out of the shadows, it would change mankind's future forever and that's probably the last thing they want to do.

The worst case scenario I can think of is that they enjoy observing us to see how we progress or digress over the centuries if they even exist. If they wanted us gone or to enslave us, it would have already happened, probably long ago. It would be like finding a group of Neanderthals still surviving on an island out in the middle of the ocean. They would be fascinating to observe, do medical tests on but would be allowed to go on with their lives without interference and with as little knowledge and contact with us as possible.

Last edited by marino760; 05-24-2022 at 05:42 AM..

Old 05-24-2022, 06:08 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
marino760, I agree with you completely. Creating (or fulfilling?) our own destiny is exactly what I was trying to articulate above but couldn't. Thank you for stating it so succinctly.

I totally get the many who say they don't believe because they haven't been presented concrete proof. That's your prerogative. I have all the proof I need; the fact that I can't present it to others means little to me. I was in the presence of dozens when I saw what I saw. Across our region, we were part of thousands who saw it. If it makes it more comfortable for the naysayers to claim we saw something else or even a hologram....rock on, good fellows.....we know better.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:58 AM

682 posts, read 204,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
marino760, I agree with you completely. Creating (or fulfilling?) our own destiny is exactly what I was trying to articulate above but couldn't. Thank you for stating it so succinctly.

I totally get the many who say they don't believe because they haven't been presented concrete proof. That's your prerogative. I have all the proof I need; the fact that I can't present it to others means little to me. I was in the presence of dozens when I saw what I saw. Across our region, we were part of thousands who saw it. If it makes it more comfortable for the naysayers to claim we saw something else or even a hologram....rock on, good fellows.....we know better.
Do you know what gets me? People will say you saw something but refuse to venture what that something is. Like their minds stop processing what is going on. When we saw our UFOs it was right away....OK, definitely not a plane, not a jet, not a helicopter, not a drone, not a blimp, not swamp gas, not a satellite....what's left?
Dare to say what that something MIGHT be? Nah, it's just something....at least take a guess what that something might be? It is flying, looks like it was crafted, it is silent.....c'mon doubters, at lease contribute what it might be? Ducks with lights? That is a better answer than something.....Russian? that is a better answer than something......

Old 05-24-2022, 10:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The problem with your doom and gloom and way of thinking about aliens is that if they do exist and visit, they have already been doing so for hundreds if not thousands of years.
Given the fact that they would be so much farther advanced than we are, it wouldn't take much work at all to wipe us out without much effort if they wanted to. They would have done so long, long ago if they were a threat. There are no minerals on this planet that don't exist in great quantities throughout the universe including on asteroids.

As far as why they wouldn't want us to know specifics about themselves or why they are here the answer is simple. They don't want to interfere or interfere as little as possible allowing us to create our own destiny. If they came out of the shadows, it would change mankind's future forever and that's probably the last thing they want to do.

The worst case scenario I can think of is that they enjoy observing us to see how we progress or digress over the centuries if they even exist. If they wanted us gone or to enslave us, it would have already happened, probably long ago. It would be like finding a group of Neanderthals still surviving on an island out in the middle of the ocean. They would be fascinating to observe, do medical tests on but would be allowed to go on with their lives without interference and with as little knowledge and contact with us as possible.
Oh, I know they dont want to wipe us out or take over our planet, they have some other plan for us long term I think. I have no idea what that may be, or the time span involved.

Ive listened to far too many abductees describe what they went thru and none of is positive or enlightening.

Your theory is that they dont want to intervene or make themselves known, to allow us to progress and grow, but they surely dont have any problems with taking god knows how many of us for whatever purposes? ( I suspect much more people have been taken), but only a small percentage are able to recall it. Most people probably just chalk it up to a bad nightmare.

If they truly wanted to stay hidden, 'UFOs' would not even be a topic of discussion, (because no one would ever see them), but for some reason, they either allow certain people to see them? IDK, it doesnt make sense to me, why the preference to stay hidden, but then, the gold ball I saw, sat there and allowed me to stare at it? (when it could have just vanished or taken off). It must have had some purpose in allowing me to see it...right? And all the past UFO incidents with pilots, military...why behave the way they do, if they want to stay hidden? They can vanish or take off whenever they want, but instead they sit there and toy around with pilots, or display incredible capabilities?

I didnt experience any missing time that night, and I had no strange feelings or thoughts...(well, the only thought that popped into my head that night, was when I thought about approaching it or touching it, I got an immediate thought that would not be a good idea), IDK if that was me or something else?

Old 05-24-2022, 05:23 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
This is an advertising pseudo documentary for the thrill ride experience at Disney. The ride was called alien encounter. It was deemed too scary, and taken out.

LOL, thanks for posting that. The OP is the most gullible person by far I have ever come across on these subjects. This is almost as bad as his link to a movie clip proving giants exist.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:48 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Sure is entertaining, though! I love Robert Urich! lol

Old 05-24-2022, 07:03 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Sure is entertaining, though! I love Robert Urich! lol
It took me a couple of minutes, because I thought it was Gil Gerard.

Old 05-24-2022, 07:34 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:

I was skipping around and got pulled in ~25minutes on where they start talking about biological micro-organisms invading our planet in the form of bacteria and viruses, etc, and then show NASA scientists doing experiments.

The "ride"does look pretty scary though, from what they are showing at the very end. It looks more like some kind of torture chamber to just completely mess with your head / showing a bunch of crazy images. Not at all suitable for children, I don't think... It's too "real".

I can't believe Disney would really go that far to completely traumatize the youth like that, lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal