Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 10:52 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehouse21 View Post
ocpaul20, you are exactly right in your review! I have one Monroe book and a couple off shoots by Bruce Moen. Monroe made a good analogy of this physical life as being the current driver of a bus filled with an untold number of past life incarnations as your personal sublime passengers. In my contact with JC in 77, I felt that he had examined 3000 years of past lives of mine before he withdrew his energy from his gaze into my eyes and as a kid that knew absolutely nothing of reincarnation other than a basic definition, it was pretty mind blowing. A couple years later, I saw a highly regarded Astrologer in my area and one of the very first things she told me as she read my birth chart was, "dont be afraid to do anything in this life. clearly, you'v been here so many times before this life that you have done it all and not just once or twice!" She knew nothing of my encounter with JC.
Obviously, there are all sorts of weapons today that can Detroy real-estate but you have to remember, My conversation with JC happened in late 76 or 1977 while we were playing ICBM shell games with the Soviet Union during the Hight of the Cold War. We were all in fear of a Nuclear exchange over something stupid. Oh, when I dream travel, I have no desire to leave that place since its rather fascinating to visit the people there. Normaly I have these encounter dreams early in the morning. My Grandmother was a faith healer and she did this either early mornings at day breakn or as the sun was just going down. Later I learned that as the sun leaves or comes on at these times, its the most available time to breach the vail since all molecular structure of this world either stops expanding or contracting and reverses. Within that stale mate of movement, the other world is hidden by less "noise" of this one.
One point of interest is I see people that I know had died there AND people that I know that are still alive just as I am a physically live one there from here. Apparently we all mix in the Bardo or middle world. Just this morning, I was talking to 2 guys in the other world and as I introduced myself, I held out my hand and shook theirs. I could "feel" that they were solid as I was despite this being in a dream. The Astral body tells its self it is a Physical entity and there for acts accordingly although movement is more of a gliding around sense rather than a one foot movement at a time.
As for the Catholic belief system of the Devil, I find these excerpts from the Father of Catholic Church Exorcism rather interesting, Fr. Gabriele Amorth

In the Islam "Mother of Books" its said that Lucifer built this world we call earth and God entombed him on it. I believe the lake of fire is in reality the Earths magma but with in the near dimension of the Spirit. You can find that book chaptered in the Gnostic Bible. In there you will learn why we are deemed the Large Demon and Israel the little demon by the Islamic Clerics. Oddly its all tied to the underpinnings of Capitolism. And it all makes perfect sense! Its no secret that Material based capitolism has corrupted our Government way beyond the ability of our founding documents to act as a firewall against it. Once the old world Morality of our founding is bought and paid into submission, the Demons are dancing a fire *** so to speak... sad as it is.
Didnt God cast Satan and the other demons to our world intentionally?

This is my main beef with the Christian religion...we are told that 'Original Sin' is mans fault and everyone that ever lives must pay the price for it, (or give themselves to Christ and be saved), but there are few problems in that.

Where was God when Satan was entering the Garden of Eden, or conversing with Adam and Eve? (how is it that a fallen angel and the first 2 humans could even communicate in the first place?), Christians love to call this a test of Gods, (Adam and Eve failed the test so now we have Original Sin).

Where is God in this though? Apparently God had no problem 'allowing' Satan access to the first 2 humans? and if this was a 'test' ...That conflicts with the fall of Satan, (since he would just be doing what he was created for and not rebelling in anyway), and besides that, who ever said we need some fallen angel/Devil, so we can have free will? I guess in their opinion, Satan must exist in order for sin and temptation to exist? IDK, it does not make much sense and this is the basis for Christianity as a whole.

Im also not sure I buy the devil worshiping thing either...Even in Christianity, Satan/demons are fallen angels, they are not capable of receiving worship, or benefiting from it...if Im wrong and they are able to receive worship, then there is a BIG part of this great scheme that we are not aware of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 02:18 PM

53 posts, read 53,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Didnt God cast Satan and the other demons to our world intentionally?

This is my main beef with the Christian religion...we are told that 'Original Sin' is mans fault and everyone that ever lives must pay the price for it, (or give themselves to Christ and be saved), but there are few problems in that.

Where was God when Satan was entering the Garden of Eden, or conversing with Adam and Eve? (how is it that a fallen angel and the first 2 humans could even communicate in the first place?), Christians love to call this a test of Gods, (Adam and Eve failed the test so now we have Original Sin).

Where is God in this though? Apparently God had no problem 'allowing' Satan access to the first 2 humans? and if this was a 'test' ...That conflicts with the fall of Satan, (since he would just be doing what he was created for and not rebelling in anyway), and besides that, who ever said we need some fallen angel/Devil, so we can have free will? I guess in their opinion, Satan must exist in order for sin and temptation to exist? IDK, it does not make much sense and this is the basis for Christianity as a whole.

Im also not sure I buy the devil worshiping thing either...Even in Christianity, Satan/demons are fallen angels, they are not capable of receiving worship, or benefiting from it...if Im wrong and they are able to receive worship, then there is a BIG part of this great scheme that we are not aware of.
Your points are all valid ones but to me, they are all the mumbo jumbo of the Catholic ground work to build their own dynasty here in this world. Edgar Casey was an individual worth studying and numerous times in his "Readings" he did for people directly conflicted with his roll as a Sunday School Teacher. Just more evidence the Bible was crafted to require interpreters to make it jell.....somewhat. Then the Huge monkey wrench in the works are Sitchin's works on the thousands of clay tablets interpreted to the effect we were genetically formed from the indigenous ape by a off world race only to be used as slaves to mine the planets Gold reserves. Crazy as it sounds, that would explain the missing link in the evolutionary story.
Casey coined the phrase that we are all NOT equal since we are all born with spirits of varying ages that he viewed the youngest as "Splinter Spirits". Its repeated life times that blossom these splinters into the caring, put into Other's shoes abilities of emotional depth. Its really a perfected system of building purified God force energies while squeezing out the very least waste product as in Black sheep of evil intent.
I do believe the Devil was at one time a prince of God All Mighty but as Casey would put it, the "Desire of SELF Expression" was his ultimate down fall due to Ego becoming a dominant drive within his being. He built this world to show off as it would be to prove he was God himself. But to enforce his roll as God, he would need to create a Harmonic of Fear into the worlds life energy. This resulted in the prehistoric Dynosores that instilled Fight or Flight genetically into those creatures. Tie fear into the singular life of materialism and bingo, you gain control over the thinking of the creation.
What gets me is earth was never intended to be a Heaven world of Love & perfection in anything other than cycles of craziness. The Bible claims that the second coming is only a single millennium long and then resorts back to foul play all over again. Until that millennium happens, the above is my best stab at the truth while i'm still drunk from the river of forgetfulness!

Old 06-02-2022, 05:55 PM

19,705 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehouse21 View Post
Your points are all valid ones but to me, they are all the mumbo jumbo of the Catholic ground work to build their own dynasty here in this world. Edgar Casey was an individual worth studying and numerous times in his "Readings" he did for people directly conflicted with his roll as a Sunday School Teacher. Just more evidence the Bible was crafted to require interpreters to make it jell.....somewhat. Then the Huge monkey wrench in the works are Sitchin's works on the thousands of clay tablets interpreted to the effect we were genetically formed from the indigenous ape by a off world race only to be used as slaves to mine the planets Gold reserves. Crazy as it sounds, that would explain the missing link in the evolutionary story.
Casey coined the phrase that we are all NOT equal since we are all born with spirits of varying ages that he viewed the youngest as "Splinter Spirits". Its repeated life times that blossom these splinters into the caring, put into Other's shoes abilities of emotional depth. Its really a perfected system of building purified God force energies while squeezing out the very least waste product as in Black sheep of evil intent.
I do believe the Devil was at one time a prince of God All Mighty but as Casey would put it, the "Desire of SELF Expression" was his ultimate down fall due to Ego becoming a dominant drive within his being. He built this world to show off as it would be to prove he was God himself. But to enforce his roll as God, he would need to create a Harmonic of Fear into the worlds life energy. This resulted in the prehistoric Dynosores that instilled Fight or Flight genetically into those creatures. Tie fear into the singular life of materialism and bingo, you gain control over the thinking of the creation.
What gets me is earth was never intended to be a Heaven world of Love & perfection in anything other than cycles of craziness. The Bible claims that the second coming is only a single millennium long and then resorts back to foul play all over again. Until that millennium happens, the above is my best stab at the truth while i'm still drunk from the river of forgetfulness!
Amen to that!

Old 06-02-2022, 07:06 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
rstevens62, how much reading and investigation are you doing? It seems that you are content with your existing beliefs (which is perfectly OK).

My own understanding has come from a background of Anglican Church upbringing which is not as constrained as Catholicism, and I moved briefly into budhism, spiritualism and then now no-ism. Basically I think one tends to take a bit from here and there and make up a belief system out of all of it. I know that in my early 20's I wanted more 'proof' that it was real, and Spiritualism gave me that as I experienced some crazy stuff. Now I just read or watch as much as I can.

Old 06-06-2022, 11:24 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
rstevens62, how much reading and investigation are you doing? It seems that you are content with your existing beliefs (which is perfectly OK).

My own understanding has come from a background of Anglican Church upbringing which is not as constrained as Catholicism, and I moved briefly into budhism, spiritualism and then now no-ism. Basically I think one tends to take a bit from here and there and make up a belief system out of all of it. I know that in my early 20's I wanted more 'proof' that it was real, and Spiritualism gave me that as I experienced some crazy stuff. Now I just read or watch as much as I can.
I try to do some reading on this stuff as often as I can, but I am so busy at work and I just dont see an end to it.

Seems like I had much more time not that long ago, Im not sure what happened? Im still working at the same place, same position, but all I know is, now Im swamped every week. Im getting sick of it too, I wish I could just up and quit my job like apparently many people are doing. LOL

Old 09-04-2022, 04:22 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,971,365 times
I just came across this thread, looking at the history of this paranormal forum, and I would have to say, without a doubt, the greatest paranormal, and human experience I have had was my first actual spirit encounter through evp.
The feeling was both scary, and amazing at the same time.
I was elated I had made contact, and chills went through me as the spirit began to speak.
That first encounter led to many more over the years, and to this day I am still in amazement as to how this came about.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:43 PM

72 posts, read 57,948 times
I wanted to ask here, to see if anyone knows the answer. When waking up from sleep, but still not quite awake -- so, in a hypnagogic state -- has anyone experienced the bed to be shaking, or perhaps your body to be vibrating?

This happened to me recently, and I had forgotten about it until now. I wonder if it's related to sleep paralysis, which I experience on occasion.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:48 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,135 times
Quote:
Im not saying I disagree with you, because Ive had my own experiences, but for what purpose would these evil spirits/demons have in trying to trick us in this manner? I dont get that.

Lets say they successfully trick someone into thinking they have spoken to their deceased family member...what does the demon gain from that? (Remember, the person who had the experience believes they spoke to their deceased relative, NOT a demon or negative entity).

Not to mention, if the goal was deception for these demons...they are not doing a bang up job of it! Think about how majority of people view these topics? (they DO NOT believe they even happen in the first place), demons or deceased relatives. LOL...so its seems strange...these demons intent is to 'trick' a very small percentage of people into believing they spoke to a deceased relative?

Now, if this was something that the MAJORITY of people believed in...the intent would be understandable and make sense, but the way it is, their 'deception' hasnt been real successful.
People don't encounter demons as much as people claim. People don't even encounter poltregiest as much as they claim. Other spirits are just as capable, given age and energy, most people just don't know enough, and that goes for ghost hunters and Youtubers, like Slapped Ham.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I don’t necessarily buy into or believe good versus evil in like biblical terms or Christianity or any other major religion. I just think it exists. How do you explain just the vast darkness inside some people? How do you explain people like Robert Ramirez? And other serial murderers? These are just not characteristics found in the average person. And yes I am aware that some people are mentally ill. But a lot of mental illness overlaps with evil. And most mentally ill people are in fact harmless. Like 99% of them.
Therr are things that are of the light, and of the dark- not everything of the dark is evil, nor is everything of the light neccessarilly going to be your friend.

Old 09-07-2022, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I knew a guy who actually tried to sell his soul for wealth, (he was being serious, not joking), he did his 'homework' and tried it...guess what happened?...NOTHING.

Im not sure where I stand on 'demons', I was raised Catholic, so its tough to think about it without that influencing my opinions, but logically speaking, for a person to literally sell their soul to Satan, (their soul would have to have some value)...if the person is at the point of trying to sell their soul, and they attempt to do so...well, they are already damned in that sense, (so why would Satan or Demons give them something extraordinary), in return for a soul that was already destined for Hell?
Really, despite it all, it's not really Lucifer who does those deals, anyway. I think that's some carry over from the Greeks, because Hades will make those deals, though Hades wasn't actually a bad deity. Anyhow, if I recall, it's not Lucifer that does those deals, it's Mephesto.

the ideal candidate for selling their soul, would be the most devout Christian...but the moment they entertain the idea of selling their soul, or when they do the process, their soul looses its value (in that sense anyway) Hopefully this makes sense how I worded it?
No, everything has a price

Furthermore, Satan/Demons are 'fallen angels' according to Christianity...they were once angels in heaven, but the story goes that they fell due to pride, or refusing to serve God...and they were cast to earth, (among man mind you)...For what purpose would these fallen angels have in collecting souls or trying to ruin human lives? (they are NOT gods in the sense of the word), if any of this is true, then the real question is, WHY does the almighty God, enable fallen angels to even do this in the first place?
They fell because they stood with Lucifer to ursurp and control Heaven. He cast them out to earth where they fell with such speed, they passed through the ground, Allah didn't depower them, or what have you. Whether he could, or not, or was too angry to think about it, who's to say? They were all simply cast out, then turned in to something else. why do they collect souls; well, Hell didn't exist until they were all cast out of Heaven. As to the lore; this battle took place before the advent of humans, it was the creation of humans, that forced Lucifer to stage the cous, thinking the humans were loved more, being granted free will, and such, that they did not really have, pretty much being soldiers. Angels really all aren't the paragons pop culture leads you to think. They nearly serve the same purpose as Valkyries. Demons aren't exclusive to abrahamic backgrounds either, think of the term as a species of supernatural creatures

Remember, they were cast to earth, (as a punishment), not to give them what they wanted, or grant them powers to collect souls. i dont think it works like that, and if it does, then the biblical God is not what we think he is.
Of course he isn't. The most perfect and infallible of all the deities?

I believe these people are dealing with 'something', but Im not sure exactly what it is. You have to admit, in centuries past, 'Demons and possession' was used pretty often, to describe what we know today, was NOT anything like that, (Salem witch trials?).
Don't even get me started on the SWT. Most of the people killed weren't even pagans, they were christians, who thought Allah himself was going to show up and save them.

Its tough to think about this topic and try to look at it from a pure logic standpoint, 'religion' in general has blinded us so to speak, so we cannot do that effectively, its ingrained into our history, the idea that we are judged at death, for our actions while alive, and we either get heaven (pleasure), or hell (suffering), that is a very old antiquated mindset, which more than likely, was their best attempt to better control people, (making them fear being judged for their actions).
It can be, but it helps to have objective knowledge. Even better knowledge of other religions that ain't sullied by abrahamic misconceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal