Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2022, 10:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

I watched a documentary on the Beast of Bray Rd earlier today, it was a bit comical, and poorly done, due to the specific animal control 'official' for Walworth County being interviewed and some of the dumb things he said, but they did briefly speak about the security guard at St Colletas special needs school that happened in the 1930s.

They also mentioned that some physical evidence was collected during this period, one that id like to find out more about, was the lady whose car, this creature clawed at, and left big gashes in the trunk area, Ive heard this mentioned before, but they never go into detail about the subsequent testing of the gashes. Seems like if they had concluded it had some explainable cause, they would have made a point to mention that, (but they havent)? Maybe the testing did come back as something 'abnormal' did the gashing? If it had been any animal claw, or even a knife, testing of the gashes would have definitely shown those things, (animal claws would have left behind material, Keratin like).

Basically, the security guard was doing his rounds and when he saw a large hairy canine-human thing digging on a burial mound, it stood up and uttered what sounded like 'Gadarra' (spelling?), it only said this one word before taking off, but the guard did see it again the following night, doing the same thing. They didnt say if it said anything the 2nd night, Im assuming it did not.

Interestingly (or not), Gadarra was a biblical city where Jesus is said to remove multiple demons from a man. The question is, is this what the creature was referring to...or was Gadarra even what it uttered? IDK

From the description, the guard THOUGHT this is what it said, of course, he could have been wrong, who knows.

But overall, I think this incident is significant, especially considering the county it happened in. Oddly enough though, there were not any more similar reports of this until many years later, (one would presume, his report would have started a rash of copy cat reports), people having it on their mind and thinking they saw the same thing one dark night? (attention seeking...wink wink).

Im trying to locate some NEW information about these things, Ive read pretty much everything Linda Godfrey has written, there are a few people who are investigating this now (besides Godfrey), but they all say the same things basically, there seems to be nothing new.

Everyone is still stuck at..WHAT IS IT?

**Personally, Im wondering if maybe a person that lived in that Bray rd/Walworth county area, may have been afflicted with this curse, and has since, either died or moved away. What Ive noticed when looking at a map of the areas, (overlay ed with the sighting reports), I dont think there was ever more than one of these things in the area, I think the same one was being seen by multiple times on different occasions. It could have possibly been a transient, living in some remote run down barn or shed during that time

To date, there are a few sightings in this area, the last one was in 2021 and only 1 the whole year, I think these may be fake reports, (people trying to re start a surge), whatever was going on there, is now gone I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 02:26 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
In the Expedition X episodes a year or two back, there was a retired teacher who bought a farm along Bray Road. He saw footprints and animal mutilations on his farm which led him to believe there was a huge canine roaming the area. Josh Gates found a large 5-toed paw print in the area too.

What was the documentary?

This is a hand/paw from one type of aggressive cryptid which people say attack their car etc. Maybe these are the kind of claws which scratched that woman's car?

Last edited by ocpaul20; 06-19-2022 at 03:12 AM..

Old 06-19-2022, 06:40 AM

1,122 posts, read 607,749 times
I recall watching one of those docs about the Bray Road creature... didn't somebody hit it with their car and they found actual hairs in the bumper / radiator? They did get it tested and at the end of the show the DNA was a coyote or some similar animal.

I love the lesser known cryptids like the Beast of Bray. I think the "older" sightings are a bit more interesting because I imagine most ppl back then would not make up something so ridiculous back then - they would be the laughing stock of their little town.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these cryptids were creatures from a parallel dimension and they sometimes come through for us to see. Yeah I know it's a bit out there, but I sincerely think it's a possibility.

Old 06-20-2022, 10:14 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Bray Rd has been quiet for awhile now though. Whatever was going on there, is not anymore.

Honestly I think the few sightings in 2021, are probably just some people trying to get the hype started again.

I do believe this night guard at the school saw it, but Im not sure that he heard what he thought he heard, It could have been saying 'Gettouttahere', and he thought it said Gadarra, I did read about this guard and apparently he said it wasnt a real legible voice, in his own words, he said it sounded like "gaadarraa", kind of drawn out, whatever it was saying.

Although why this thing was digging in an old mound is also a question, obviously a body is buried there, but why would a upright canine thing (even if it was demonically possessed or manifested)...be digging up a skeleton?

I still think someone that either lived on or close to Bray rd, or some transient staying there temporarily, was probably afflicted with this 'curse' and this person was what everyone was seeing, they either moved on or died, and that was the end of it.

Although if this thing was in the area in the 1930s, and the Bray rd sightings happened in the 80s-90s, that is a pretty big time span, IDK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal