Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 02:22 PM

858 posts, read 680,223 times

Advertisements

With all the improvements in camera technology, why are all pictures of cryptids, UAPs or paranormal activity still so blurry?

And why do the professional TV paranormal investigators never seem to capture anything but sounds, and very seldom things moving, but the amateur paranormal guys always catch things moving and flying across the room?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 03:08 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
We've discussed the "reality shows" on here before, you just have to remember these shows are for entertainment, first and foremost, everything else is just gravy to them!

If you paid me $10k or $50k or higher per episode to be a regular on one of these shows, I will believe whatever you want me to believe.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:59 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,893,246 times
I actually met a bigfoot one time. We had a long conversation, and he explained that he always wanted to be a photographer. I felt moved by his story, so I gave him my camera.

I ran into him a few weeks later and asked how his photography career was going. He said it was over before it even started.... all the pictures he took came out blurry.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:51 PM

629 posts, read 408,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
With all the improvements in camera technology, why are all pictures of cryptids, UAPs or paranormal activity still so blurry?

And why do the professional TV paranormal investigators never seem to capture anything but sounds, and very seldom things moving, but the amateur paranormal guys always catch things moving and flying across the room?

Well, I suspect that 98% of the incidents are bogus, and are intentionally filmed with flaws so as to obscure their fakeness.

The other 2% that are real, happen so spontaneously that people just are not prepared to record the events

Old 07-06-2022, 06:33 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Two reasons:

1. Very few of us are professional photographers. I have a camera on my phone, but if I saw a UFO, I'm not sure I'm tech-savvy enough to get good, high-quality video on my phone.

2. 99.99999999999999999999% of photos of ghosts and cryptids are either hoaxes or mistaken identity.

Quote:
Because it's entertainment, not reality.

My kids love those shows where two or three yahoos wander around dark buildings at night, screaming into the darkness and getting excited over every little blurp of static. But they kick me out of the room because I can't stop laughing. Those shows always remind me of this:

Old 07-06-2022, 08:29 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
I've often wondered this with regards to Bigfoot

BF is probably the one cryptid I think has the best potential to actually exist. Most accounts tend to paint a picture of a behavior pattern similar to a animal, which is why I think it's somewhat plausible that a rare, undiscovered large mammal could exist deep within the forests, especially if it has the intelligence and desire to avoid human contact.

With that said, i hesitate to say they exist without additional proof. I often listen to various BF podcasts and one thing always makes me scratch my head. Some of these folks live in areas where contact with BF is almost a nightly occurrence, with some gifting them frequently. So why no pictures?

When i have a problem with an animal in my trash, i can toss out a game camera and within a couple nights get a nice clear picture of the culprit. So why don't these folks with repeated BF encounters do the same? I listened to one gent tell stories about them walking around his home at night slapping the walls. Why not put a few trail cameras outside and capture all this if it occurs as frequently as they claim. If that was my house i'd have 10 game cameras strapped to trees around the property at all times. Surely one of these days you'd get a good clear video of one.

Until more solid proof comes out, i tend to view these shows more as entertainment, than actual reality.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:40 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
BF is probably the one cryptid I think has the best potential to actually exist. Most accounts tend to paint a picture of a behavior pattern similar to a animal, which is why I think it's somewhat plausible that a rare, undiscovered large mammal could exist deep within the forests, especially if it has the intelligence and desire to avoid human contact.
What does it eat?

Research that, and you'll soon come to the conclusion that Bigfoot cannot exist as part of the ecosystem in North America.

Quote:
When i have a problem with an animal in my trash, i can toss out a game camera and within a couple nights get a nice clear picture of the culprit. So why don't these folks with repeated BF encounters do the same?
Researchers have done that. They get lots of great footage of deer, raccoons, foxes, rabbits, and the occasional cougar. But no Bigfeet.

Quote:
I listened to one gent tell stories about them walking around his home at night slapping the walls. Why not put a few trail cameras outside and capture all this if it occurs as frequently as they claim.
Good question. That's why I don't buy into 99% of such accounts.

Old 07-06-2022, 10:21 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
I have seen something amazing and by the time I got out my phone and actually got the camera ready to go the event was over. It is a pretty common excuse on why someone didn't get a picture of something.

By accident I noticed my new phone can go from sleep mode to camera ready almost instantly. If you hit the on button that wakes up your phone twice it instantly wakes up and the camera is on and ready to go. I have a Samsung. I tried it on my old LG and it didn't work.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:34 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:

There is one obvious reason.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:38 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Needmore View Post
Well, I suspect that 98% of the incidents are bogus, and are intentionally filmed with flaws so as to obscure their fakeness.

The other 2% that are real, happen so spontaneously that people just are not prepared to record the events

There are security cameras, trail cameras and people with cameras who might catch the 2% by chance while the are recording something else. There are spy satellites with such great resolution that the countries that have then won't even disclose exactly how good their cameras are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal