Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 08:43 PM

629 posts, read 409,763 times

Advertisements

I've often wondered if our inability to document "credible" proof of alien visitation might be a "can't see the forest for the trees" type dilemma?

What if WE were that elusive proof?

What if a couple hundred millennia ago a group of amoral space travelers came to this planet on bivouac, pulled a few monkeys out their trees and stole their innocence, and we are the bastard fruit of that union? "love child" indeed?

Sort of a case of us being the intersection between "warm wet and fuzzy" and "cool, dry, and sleek"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2022, 08:56 PM

85 posts, read 29,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Needmore View Post
I've often wondered if our inability to document "credible" proof of alien visitation might be a "can't see the forest for the trees" type dilemma?

What if WE were that elusive proof?

What if a couple hundred millennia ago a group of amoral space travelers came to this planet on bivouac, pulled a few monkeys out their trees and stole their innocence, and we are the bastard fruit of that union? "love child" indeed?

Sort of a case of us being the intersection between "warm wet and fuzzy" and "cool, dry, and sleek"
I use logic to determine probability

As far as the universe is concerned we are in a new region there are many older galaxies of millions of years head start on us, we could have been dropped off here as DNA and they have come to watch us like a zoo

Maybe life is abundant every where and they are visiting us to see the wildlife

And lastly not only do we have many different species of aliens but I'd put money on it future humans are also visiting us...

Old 08-07-2022, 06:02 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
The sad fact is jack no one from any planet janet has been here dear. They can't lick the time speed thing just like we can't.

Old 08-07-2022, 06:11 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
I don't play that game, I just post more evidence until they go quiet (like they did lol)
Then please post some. I did not see anything in the videos you posted that showed anything out of the ordinary.

Old 08-07-2022, 06:15 AM

85 posts, read 29,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Then please post some. I did not see anything in the videos you posted that showed anything out of the ordinary.
So missing time is ordinary to you?
That sound ordinary to you?
That search beam is ordinary to you?

Where do you live? Area 51?

Old 08-07-2022, 06:23 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
So missing time is ordinary to you?
That sound ordinary to you?
That search beam is ordinary to you?

Where do you live? Area 51?
That sound could be anything.

That search beam as you call it looked like car headlights turning up the block.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:50 AM

10,895 posts, read 7,386,537 times
I hear zebras!

There are more likely alternate explanations for a flash of light (headlights or flashlight) and "missing seconds" (equipment failure) on a video, so I don't think this counts as evidence of aliens.

Old 08-07-2022, 10:14 AM

629 posts, read 409,763 times
Quote:
I use logic to determine probability

As far as the universe is concerned we are in a new region there are many older galaxies of millions of years head start on us, we could have been dropped off here as DNA and they have come to watch us like a zoo

Maybe life is abundant every where and they are visiting us to see the wildlife

And lastly not only do we have many different species of aliens but I'd put money on it future humans are also visiting us...
Well, that's sort of my point. Man is terribly centric in the supposition that if aliens are coming here, then we must necessarily be their objective. What is the probability that they might have priorities beyond us? To my mind there is a greater likelihood of that being the case than any assumption that we are necessarily the prize.

In a similar vein, humans have this bad habit of mistaking animal obedience with intelligence. When an animal interfaces with us in a manner we deem desirable, we consider that to be evidence that the animal is "intelligent". But that is so only because we assume that we and the animal have common priorities. When we cannot induce the animal to engage us, we dismiss the animal as stupid.

So, perhaps our "expectations" of aliens is similarly distorted based upon our own limitations?

Perhaps the pragmatists among us insisting that if aliens were visiting here, we'd be finding piles of alien poo behind the trees, are having similar difficulty in taking us out of the center?

So, rather than our expectation that if aliens are coming here, it can only be to visit us, what if we are no more than the by-product of a long ago liaison of alien lust with an innocent?

Old 08-07-2022, 11:47 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I hear zebras!

There are more likely alternate explanations for a flash of light (headlights or flashlight) and "missing seconds" (equipment failure) on a video, so I don't think this counts as evidence of aliens.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" was a phrase made popular by Carl Sagan who reworded Laplace's principle, which says that "the weight of evidence for an extraordinary claim must be proportioned to its strangeness".

While it's an interesting video, and cjdelphi can believe whatever they want to believe and I can believe whatever I want to believe, I agree with you, I wouldn't go as far as to say it is "Alien Visitation Contact Proof"!

Old 08-07-2022, 01:44 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I don't play that game, I just post more evidence until they go quiet (like they did lol)
No evidence at all in any of those videos. Just a very active imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal