Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 08:53 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,866,775 times

Advertisements

Just in case we didn't know or suspect before, this series of interviews with George Knapp explains a lot about Travis Taylor and his role in the Skinwalker Ranch TV series. He says he has 'retired' from the military now, and reveals he was one of the scientists who wrote the 9-page report to Congress and one of the other interviews explains more about that too.

Link to MysteryWire site There are other videos on there at the bottom of the page about him too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2022, 03:00 PM

12,964 posts, read 9,481,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Just in case we didn't know or suspect before, this series of interviews with George Knapp explains a lot about Travis Taylor and his role in the Skinwalker Ranch TV series. He says he has 'retired' from the military now, and reveals he was one of the scientists who wrote the 9-page report to Congress and one of the other interviews explains more about that too.

Link to MysteryWire site There are other videos on there at the bottom of the page about him too.

I believe he works for a local aerospace/defense contractor now. As far as I know, he was never in the military - worked either as a civil servant for the Army and or NASA, or perhaps a contractor. I don't recall him ever working for NASA, but of course I never knew everybody there. Plus, he may have been onboard after I retired in 2009. He also teaches or taught at UAH part time (perhaps still does since he had the grad student girl from UAH on Skinwalker a couple years ago doing the first small rockets).

Old 09-11-2022, 04:10 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,327,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I believe he works for a local aerospace/defense contractor now. As far as I know, he was never in the military - worked either as a civil servant for the Army and or NASA, or perhaps a contractor. I don't recall him ever working for NASA, but of course I never knew everybody there. Plus, he may have been onboard after I retired in 2009. He also teaches or taught at UAH part time (perhaps still does since he had the grad student girl from UAH on Skinwalker a couple years ago doing the first small rockets).
Lots of civilian workers (GS level) in the US military with no active duty experience, one can easily work 20 or 30 or 40 years as a civilian in the military (many with PhDs and Masters like Travis) and then retire with their federal pension!

Travis could easily be one of those types for sure.

Old 09-11-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Lots of civilian workers (GS level) in the US military with no active duty experience, one can easily work 20 or 30 or 40 years as a civilian in the military (many with PhDs and Masters like Travis) and then retire with their federal pension!

Travis could easily be one of those types for sure.
True (I was one, but with NASA) - but Taylor, as far as I know, was never "in" a branch of the military. And believe me, being a civilian is a lot different than being a military member (I was also a Naval Reserve Officer).

I'm getting ready to provide a link that says Taylor left government service rather recently, so he must've been a civil servant. He's at the age he can retire, and I suspect he makes a lot more money from the History Channel than he did with the government. He could afford to retire as soon as he was eligible.

Here's the link, but I'll post it again in response to OCPaul. The guy who has this site and writes the blog isn't a big fan of UFOs in general, and apparently Travis Taylor or Luis Elizondo either.

https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/t...r-and-stupider

Old 09-11-2022, 05:58 PM

Quote:

OC - apparently Taylor was indeed a government employee, based on the link I'll give in a second. Assuming it's true, he retired a few months ago and now works for a local government contractor, as I stated earlier. Retiring probably gave him a lot more leeway to pursue his History Channel interests (and make a lot of money doing it, I suspect). More power to him - he lives in my area, works pretty much where I did, but I've never met him. He's an interesting fellow.

The guy who has this site and blog isn't a fan of UFOs, and according to this writeup, of Travis Taylor either, so take it for what you deem its worth. Click on "Blog" to read his other write-ups. Pretty interesting site.

https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/t...r-and-stupider

Old 09-11-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
True (I was one, but with NASA) - but Taylor, as far as I know, was never "in" a branch of the military. And believe me, being a civilian is a lot different than being a military member (I was also a Naval Reserve Officer).
Oh trust me, I know, I may or may not be one of those civilians working in the US Military with an advance degree!

Having said that, I may or may not also be an E-E (Emergency-Essential) as a civilian and can be called on to deploy to an active war zone if needed to save the world, I mean why else issue me dog tags.

Old 09-11-2022, 08:41 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,866,775 times
The MysteryWire interviews are fairly short and Travis says he worked for the agencies as well as worked on the 9-page report for Congress. He explains that out of the 143 unexplained UAPs they examined ONLY military-grade sightings with a clear line of custody. They examined ALL of the other military data that was captured at the time of those sightings. None of those 144 were from MUFON or any other civilian organisation.

The military data cannot be revealed due to secrecy etc which is fair enough, and it is interesting to know they took all that data into account when they examined the 144 events. He says that his books (some are fiction) had to be 'passed' for publication by the agencies in case any of the technology he was writing about was sensitive and he also said he had to get his TV appearances passed by them as well.

It seems he is fairly well embedded in the government machine, even now he supposedly does not work for them any more. People dont ever manage to really leave those kind of jobs.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:59 AM

Quote:
I'm getting ready to provide a link that says Taylor left government service rather recently, so he must've been a civil servant. He's at the age he can retire, and I suspect he makes a lot more money from the History Channel than he did with the government. He could afford to retire as soon as he was eligible.
No doubt, I'm not sure of the details of Travis's contract with the TV series, but he could easily be getting paid $50,000 an episode, which comes out to $1.45 million so far for 29 episodes, not too shabby.

Even if it's half that, that's still $725,000................winning!

Last edited by cjseliga; 09-12-2022 at 05:09 AM..

Old 09-12-2022, 10:56 AM
KCZ

4,666 posts, read 3,660,797 times
Quote:

Travis has said on SR that he designed something for NASA. IIRC, he didn't specify whether he was an employee or independent contractor, but either way, I guess designing something for NASA is a way of working for NASA. He seems like a guy who could be a brilliant scientist but spends a lot of time jumping from one train of thought or project to another. He's probably useful as a contractor but doesn't function well in a rigid military or government organization.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
The MysteryWire interviews are fairly short and Travis says he worked for the agencies as well as worked on the 9-page report for Congress. He explains that out of the 143 unexplained UAPs they examined ONLY military-grade sightings with a clear line of custody. They examined ALL of the other military data that was captured at the time of those sightings. None of those 144 were from MUFON or any other civilian organisation.

The military data cannot be revealed due to secrecy etc which is fair enough, and it is interesting to know they took all that data into account when they examined the 144 events. He says that his books (some are fiction) had to be 'passed' for publication by the agencies in case any of the technology he was writing about was sensitive and he also said he had to get his TV appearances passed by them as well.

It seems he is fairly well embedded in the government machine, even now he supposedly does not work for them any more. People dont ever manage to really leave those kind of jobs.
I've not read/watched the Mystery Wire interviews - haven't had the time yet - but I bookmarked the link and plan to take a look first chance I get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal