Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 04:53 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,982,242 times

Advertisements

What are the differences between these groups where one group experience something out of the ordinary, and another group never does?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 05:37 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,125,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
What are the differences between these groups where one group experience something out of the ordinary, and another group never does?
Interesting question, I think some people are just more open to the other side or have better psychic awareness. The naysayers who refuse to believe there is anything after this life are probably not going to experience much.

People with an open mind are going to have better luck. We’ve all read about tour groups in haunted areas and only one or two people in the group will experience anything out of the ordinary. They probably have a better connection to the psychic realm than even they know.

Anyway, that’s my take, natural ability or being more in tune with what’s out there.

Old 11-25-2022, 07:10 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,462,437 times
some are even clairvoyant,they can see spirits

Old 11-26-2022, 03:03 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
Yes, I too think those who are more skeptical are unlikely to allow themselves to receive the input from their senses. They are just going to deny anything they experience as 'real' and write it all off as a mental hiccup. But, hey, it takes all sorts to make a world.

Taking the brain and body as a big receiver, means that some of us are wired differently and can pick up the signals from the other side. That is why some people can see ghosties, some people hear, and some people just intuitively know, and all mixtures of those.

I have been trying for years and years to refine my receiver, but I would say that not much is happening, so I am not sure it is particularly easy to tune in to those energies if they are not naturally in your makeup.

Some people say that there are more natural psychics these days as the Earth is supposed to be moving through part of the Universe which means the Earth itself is changing. They say it is moving up the frequency scale and leaving the old Earth behind. Along with it go those humans who dont have the required qualities.

So, we wait and see what Earth changes, if any, will happen and what the other side looks like.

Old 11-27-2022, 06:43 AM

1,111 posts, read 604,832 times
I do agree with the general notion that some of us are innately more sensitive to paranormal phenomenon.

Children and toddlers tend to be more attuned to it also. I feel that as we get older, we tend to lose that innate ability. Esp due to a super stressful, busy life we are already bombarded with too much stimuli. Our brains naturally screen out data deemed unimportant and we get less sensitive.

Or maybe we just all live in the Matrix, and if the head programmer wants to tap us on the shoulder, they just do

Old 12-09-2022, 09:15 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
When you are bombarded by strange events all of your life, you pay attention. When you're unable to explain it like my husband, you dismiss it. It doesn't make sense.

We both heard the antique hardware on our 110 year old built in in the dining room clicking like someone was trying to open it. I heard it multiple nights when he wasn't there. When he finally heard it he dismissed it as nothing. He couldn't explain it. You know the standard it's an old house.

I've told him things that came true and he laughs it off and tells me I'm haunted.

Well one event got his attention.

We were traveling with friends to Puerto Vallarta. I was very uneasy about the trip. We got to the airport to go home and I could feel chaos and fear. I looked at the flight numbers and found our flight. I heard this voice and it said it's not the right numbers. I told him about the fear and chaos and how this voice told me that it wasn't the right numbers. I said it means something. Well two days later Alaska Air flew out of Puerto Vallarta and crashed and killed everyone on board.

I also told him that our friend was in a dark place I knew June 11th would be a very bad day. That's the day he shot himself in the head and died.

We were passing a 7Eleven and I told him I had an overwhelming urge to buy a lottery ticket but not here. I pointed in the direction of where a $250,000 dollar winning ticket was sold at another 7Eleven miles away. He read about it in the paper and was shocked.

So yes, over the years there have been strange experiences and things that I've told him would come true, yet, he still dismisses it. I think it freaks him out too much and he's not open to it. For me it's just common and no big deal now.

Old 12-09-2022, 10:03 AM

5,653 posts, read 3,136,687 times
I've experienced some things. Things that I wasn't looking for...but they happened. I've talked about them here before. How I think maybe my house is haunted, and my experience with astral travel. I've also experienced, more than once, a voice telling me something important to know. Not an audible voice...a voice in my head but not MY inner voice. That's happened to me twice.

Like I said...I don't seek these things...and I don't seek to cultivate or train myself in anything paranormal...but I DO think it's out there, and for some people, it's second nature for them.

My mother used to have premonitions, and my maternal grandmother used to just kind of know stuff. Many times, she would call my mom to see if everything was ok, because she had a premonition that something was wrong, or someone was sick, etc.

Old 12-09-2022, 09:37 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
There are various 'indicators' of abductions which most people do not realize or recognize. Things like scoop-marks, triangular puncture points, strange night nose bleeds, bruises appearing overnight, missing time or time you cannot account for in daily life.

If you find yourself experiencing these things, then it may be that you are also experiencing abductions too. Some abductees have reported implanted 'things' but these could be anywhere on the body. in some they are in the brain (scary!) in others they are in arms, legs, shoulders, etc. There also could be this ominous feeling that the day will go badly or something is about to happen and then later on you might see a UFO.

Whitley Streiber has come to the conclusion that these visitors are not malevolent, as has Travis Walton. However, there are some other reports which definitely are subjecting the experiencer to invasive procedures such as the harvesting of eggs or sperm and some even report disappearing babies at around the 12 weeks pregnancy mark. This would suggest a hybridization program by some ETs using generational women from the same families. Check out Dr David Jacobs books.

I have heard an argument that the ETs are trying to elevate the human being model and to help our evolution to a better world. Not sure that I agree with that or not, but I do think there are more geniuses being born and kids who are extremely clever, so whether these are the result of the hybridization program or not, I dont know. However, most definitely, we will need some pretty amazing ideas to get us out of the current world situation.

Old 12-19-2022, 06:16 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,144,961 times
Different people have different sensitivities.

Case in point- years ago when I was a small kid, I was at school but had a "weird" but strong feeling that day that something bad had happened. I put the thought out of my mind and focused on my day at school, which went well.

A few minutes after I stepped off of the school bus, my mom told me that one of my pet birds was killed by the neighbor's dog.

I was fond of my pets so I was sad but I got over the loss.

In short our lives on earth are journeys and we all navigate these journeys differently.

Old 12-20-2022, 10:09 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,553 posts, read 81,067,970 times
Most people never put themselves in a position to experience the paranormal. Unless they happen to move into a haunted home, or stay in a haunted hotel, they have little chance of anything happening. For me, it's been two experiences in 100+ year old hotels, one in Port Townsend WA and one in Eureka, CA, and then staying overnight in a relatives home where the previous owner died there. My wife had the same experiences at the hotels, so it was not my imagination. Both were previously brothels with shady activities and sudden deaths. We did the research after having the experiences, and now my wife says "only newer lodging from now on." I don't know anyone else that has had an experience, unless they are just not talking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal