Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 09:25 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times

Advertisements

Taste like chicken?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2022, 06:27 PM

2,451 posts, read 1,680,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Taste like chicken?
Sweet pork.

Old 12-03-2022, 08:05 PM

76 posts, read 50,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
The lag time on those communications is going to be problematic. When Cassini dove into Saturn as it's last act, it took controllers an hour to confirm it because that's how long the last signal took to get back to Earth at the speed of light. Space is big.
Problematic to us yes, but to a more advanced civilization that is capable of interstellar travel it likely will not be an issue.

Moreover there is no advantage to being physically on the planet in terms of knowledge acquisition if communications is an issue because the civilization that sent the living entity on the planet will not benefit in a timely manner, so what is the point? It is not likely that scientists who perform data collection analysis are going to be on the mission any more than we send teams of analytic scientists to the moon. Whom would volunteer? For what? You go to another planet and collect data that likely will never be shared with a civilization that is long dead on a planet that may have ceased to exist? It is pointless.

That is why I think that if we ever have visitation from a intelligent, sentient civilization it will be in the form of drones that are able to convey information in a manner that is relevant or timely manner to whatever sent it.

Conjecture:

One possibility is an advanced civilization seeking specific conditions on other planets for inhabitation. Based on what we know(global anthropomorphic warming nut jobs aside) planets go through evolutions and conditions and atmospheres vary over time. Hence it may make a level of sense for a civilization to implement drone based monitoring spanning hundreds of thousands of years on distant planets. It does not matter how much more the sending civilization advances technologically as they can always receive the more primitive communication and data for as long as it is useful.

Last edited by PossumMan; 12-03-2022 at 08:23 PM..

Old 12-04-2022, 12:54 AM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times
So, almost all of you deny that humans have been seeing and reporting flying things in the sky since before we could fly ourselves. Must be natural phenomena, eh? Talk about sticking our head in the ground like ostriches.

Old 12-04-2022, 06:00 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
It seems like you're presuming they would be benevolent or non-aggressive.
They will probably want to colonize this planet (or something like harvesting resources) and YOU will be lunch, not them. IMO.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:00 AM

13,626 posts, read 10,027,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
There's a lot of talk about weather aliens really exist, or if aliens can see us, and why or why not they don't announce themselves to everyone. But I have to wonder that if aliens were to actually exist and make it to this planet and announce themselves, what on Earth would we do with them? So just imagine this scenario for a moment? Would people embrace them? Would we make them our pets? Eat them? Tell them to take a hike and go back home? Or do some people want to mate with them and eventually marry them like they do with their sheep? (Haven't actually seen any recent news articles about anyone marrying their sheep, so don't ask me, please. )

Do they want to be best friends forever with them? Go drinking and shooting pool together?

Do they want them to have healing powers so they can heal us and our loved ones?

If aliens do exist and come to this Earth, what do people expect, or hope will happen once they are here?
I think they'll be treated just like Jesus was, sadly.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:05 AM

2,897 posts, read 991,587 times
Earthling, I'm already here.

Little concerned about the statement about marrying the sheep. Maybe this isn't the planet for me, after all.

In all seriousness, IF aliens visited us, they would likely be much more advanced, technologically, and I highly doubt we'd have much of a "choice" in any matter, whatsoever. I'd hope that with the advanced technology, they might also be advanced in a spiritual nature, as well, and wouldn't be showing up just to get some crunchy human snacks. Then again, we chow down on the animals of our planet without much thought, so maybe we'd just be "sheep" to them. Or cockroaches.

Judging from how many people claim to have met aliens, I would say that there's a possibility that they really have been here and are wary of our destructive nature, so are smart enough to stay hidden, for the most part.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:47 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That was a great episode! There’s another one where aliens come down and take a man up with them. The man wakes up in a normal looking living room but it turns out he’s an exhibit in their zoo. Man in his natural habitat.

In that episode,the men actually landed on the alien's planet. I think it is called "People are alike all over".

I like the episode "Will the real Martian please stand up"?

Old 12-04-2022, 11:53 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So, almost all of you deny that humans have been seeing and reporting flying things in the sky since before we could fly ourselves. Must be natural phenomena, eh? Talk about sticking our head in the ground like ostriches.
It's called critical thinking.

"I saw a weird light. Must be aliens!" is not critical thinking.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:54 AM

74 posts, read 28,277 times
There are no 'aliens proper' (what I mean are spatially distant beings on the same metaphysical plane as us). It's a slow-motion DoD/CIA hoax birthed in the 1940s to lay the groundwork for a mega-scale, fake ET event they hope to pull off in the near future.

It's easy to know why:

1) There were no sightings of artificial, metal alien craft until the exact moment human metal artificial aircraft were invented. Prior to that point, artificial UFOs were described in terms of human technology of the period: wooden ships with sails, chariots with wheels, etc. Odds this would be a coincidence in a supposedly 4 billion y/o universe: zero.
2) Average UFO sightings per year exploded more than 1,200x (prior to that point, they were very few and far between, only a few per century) at the exact moment the first world government organization was founded, and the concept of 'uniting' humanity under a world government to 'fight/deal with aliens' was conceived. Flying saucers were just Nazi foo fighter craft. Odds of coincidence: zero.
3) The overwhelming majority of sightings have been in the US and other major seats of the world power structure (Western Europe), with the majority of relatively unaligned nations having practically no sightings in comparison. Odds: just about zero.
4) There is no scientific or mathematical basis for heliocentrism. It is a misguided philosophical choice based on Copernicus's flawed mediocrity principle (which is bunk since there is no hard proof of 'multiple items in the set;' i.e. no other intelligent species or habitable places). If you doubt this, look up the Wikipedia article on the Tychonic system, a geocentric globe model. Earth's motion has never been detected in any experiment either, and there's no mathematical/scientific/observational proof that the Earth is moving rather than the stars (other than non-empirical theories like Einsteinian relativity). If geocentrism is correct, the whole alien/space-travel premise crumbles.

If there are any aliens in the literal, non-conventional sense who contact us, they will be extra-dimensional beings not on our metaphysical plane: i.e. what we call angels/demons. These beings may look like we've been told aliens do: small, grey/green, big head/eyes etc. Or they may look like the conventional depiction of demons/angels (given whom the world power structure consists of, I'd guess demons); look up the plot of Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke.

Last edited by pleg1; 12-04-2022 at 12:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal