Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 03:08 PM

49 posts, read 34,066 times

Advertisements

A few years back I was about to give a software presentation in Maryland. I went up to my hotel room to get my papers and was suddenly gripped by a fear that my gf back in NYC was injured or something. I sorta randomly called an ER in midtown Manhattan and she was right in that ER on a gurney with severe head pain. They even put her on the phone briefly before wheeling her in to see a doc.

I ditched the conference and drove like mad back to the city. She was ok and they never found anything serious. We hardly ever discussed this afterward which is strange, and I haven't told many people this. Wondering what people here think.

We also had several weird coordinated dreams.

Last edited by arcticranger; 12-20-2022 at 03:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2022, 04:38 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times
I've heard similar stories from many different people I know. Obviously I don't have an explanation for it but these aren't people who had similar premonitions and later found out that everything was fine so it doesn't seem to be the law of averages type of thing.

Old 12-20-2022, 05:39 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
What do I think? You are one gifted person.

Old 12-20-2022, 06:27 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What do I think? You are one gifted person.

Old 12-21-2022, 07:42 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
I am not sure what it is called but my mother was like this and I was told my grandma and great grandma were too.

Example. Small things like saying "answer the phone" but the phone had not rung but 3 seconds later it would ring.

To larger things like her waking me up at the crack of dawn and telling me to get dressed and when I asked why her saying 'your brother has been in an accident" then me walking into the kitchen fully dressed and ready to go but her sitting there drinking a cup of coffee like no big deal telling me she was waiting for the call. Sure enough phone rings and its my brother saying he was in such and such ER because he had been in an accident.

We all used to joke with the old saying "she has eyes on the back of her head" because you did not lie to that woman or screw up. She knew!

I also have this but I work hard to shut it out. I've been told I have psychic abilities. Whatever. I think in a nutshell the word I relate to is empath.

Old 12-21-2022, 12:21 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Yes, it is something like telepathy. I've had connections like this with people close to me, or whom have been close to me. Family, friends, lovers, and often total strangers. Things in dreams, too. I've had things proven true, even quite some years later. Mostly only intimate things related to my life/circle, though. ..well...mostly.... I was warned of a death thru a vision I saw in the clouds on a plane ride, once.. The death did occur in my family, and we all attended a funeral during that trip.. Damn writing this out sounds crazy...

Old 09-07-2023, 07:48 PM

I didn't see these replies and here it is Sept 2023, sorry.

Yes these things can sound crazy, I told my own shrink my story and he looked for every possible non-psychic explanation possible: "you knew she was not feeling well, before your trip to Maryland, you knew she might even go to a hospital, you lived near that hospital so it made sense she would go there" blah blah. It really bothered him.

I absolutely believe in precognition and telepathy but have only had 2-3 experiences I would call definitive. I will tell one more that is funny:

Me and same gf (my only) were asleep in bed in NYC, we both awakened and sat up in bed as if on cue. She said what is wrong, I said I dreamed I was buying a toaster and at the checkout I dropped my wallet. I bent down to get it and when I rose back up to pay I awoke. She said she had dreamed she was a piece of toast that was ready and when it popped up she awoke. We both laughed a lot again didn't analyze it.

It's funny and cute but so odd, both dreaming about a toaster, both awakened at the moment of rising up.

I guess I don't get notified of responses but thank u folks.

Old 09-07-2023, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I am not sure what it is called but my mother was like this and I was told my grandma and great grandma were too.

Example. Small things like saying "answer the phone" but the phone had not rung but 3 seconds later it would ring.

To larger things like her waking me up at the crack of dawn and telling me to get dressed and when I asked why her saying 'your brother has been in an accident" then me walking into the kitchen fully dressed and ready to go but her sitting there drinking a cup of coffee like no big deal telling me she was waiting for the call. Sure enough phone rings and its my brother saying he was in such and such ER because he had been in an accident.

We all used to joke with the old saying "she has eyes on the back of her head" because you did not lie to that woman or screw up. She knew!

I also have this but I work hard to shut it out. I've been told I have psychic abilities. Whatever. I think in a nutshell the word I relate to is empath.

Those are quite specific events you described. And exactly the type of thing that gets dismissed as a family "quirk" when it's a lot more.

Old 09-09-2023, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticranger View Post
I didn't see these replies and here it is Sept 2023, sorry.

Yes these things can sound crazy, I told my own shrink my story and he looked for every possible non-psychic explanation possible: "you knew she was not feeling well, before your trip to Maryland, you knew she might even go to a hospital, you lived near that hospital so it made sense she would go there" blah blah. It really bothered him.

I absolutely believe in precognition and telepathy but have only had 2-3 experiences I would call definitive. I will tell one more that is funny:

Me and same gf (my only) were asleep in bed in NYC, we both awakened and sat up in bed as if on cue. She said what is wrong, I said I dreamed I was buying a toaster and at the checkout I dropped my wallet. I bent down to get it and when I rose back up to pay I awoke. She said she had dreamed she was a piece of toast that was ready and when it popped up she awoke. We both laughed a lot again didn't analyze it.

It's funny and cute but so odd, both dreaming about a toaster, both awakened at the moment of rising up.

I guess I don't get notified of responses but thank u folks.
Haha, poor guy (the shrink). He's been convinced that such things aren't "scientific". But they are. If researchers could visit people who live very simply (i.e. traditional tribal people) in challenging environments (the Kalahari, or bush Alaska), they'd get consistent results documenting such phenomena. Because this is what early man depended on for survival. With modern life, such a mode of communication was no longer needed, so it atrophied and was forgotten. Add to that such things as hundreds of years of witch hunts and inquisitions, followed by an intellectual movement like the Enlightenment, which exalted science and rationality, and disparaged anything that went against that, and you have a "modern" (read: Western) culture that believes anything "psychic" isn't real.

Science has become the new orthodoxy to such an extent, that scientists refuse to even consider such phenomena to be valid subjects for research. In cutting themselves off from investigation, they guarantee that their orthodoxy won't be challenged. But they're missing out on some fascinating arenas for research. Once they were able to document that something unusual really was occurring, they'd have to find an explanation for it. I think psychic phenomena are scientific discoveries waiting to happen. Telepathy could just be an example of consciousness being non-local, not confined to the brain. That's not a new idea to the frontiers of science.

Welcome back to your thread, btw.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 09-09-2023 at 06:04 PM..

Old 09-09-2023, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post

The bolded is sad. I have a friend who has psychic abilities, but she shuts it out, too. She seems to be afraid of it. I'd suggest you take a couple of workshops in trying out your psychic abilities. Once you get validation and are in a supportive environment, you could take "advanced" workshops to develop you gifts. These are precious gifts humanity needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal