Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 12:53 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You guys are joking, right? I have heard end of the world dates all my life, and they keep changing....How can anybody take this seriously?

220 end dates that never happened.... 220 Dates for the End of the world!!! Date Setters!
Well according to the Bible before Christ would return the Jews would first return to the land of Israel after a world wide exile, and they would retake Jerusalem by force. People may play with dates, yet the Bible speaks the truth. Also the Bible states that Jerusalems East gate would remain sealed until Christ would return and open it Himself. The East gate is still sealed. And yes, I do take the Bible seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 01:36 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
No. I seriously doubt that we're going to see anything abnormal at all. It's just going to be another day. Just like 06-06-06 was about two years ago and 1-1-00 was several years ago. Just another day.

What can and will ruin electronics are electromagnetic pulses. Not strong gravity.

It'll be just another day of football and junk food for me. Unless, of course, something weird happens.

Troop, the only strange thing that is going to happen on that particular day is that you're going to have less sunshine,it's the date of the winter solstice,but then again that comes around every year about that time.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:30 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I think this change may possibly be a spiritual change that will affect all mankind. An awakening of our deadened minds if you will. This will cause a drastic change in how we live our lives and see one another. Those who accept it as a gift will live on anew, with no boundaries to restrict them. Those who can't let go of the old ways will perish, for the change will drive them insane. We will once again be one with everything and everyone around us. Things will be set as they should be. Love will prosper and poverty will be no more because everyone will recognize each other for what they are. Fellow human beings. When this will occur, I do not know. But something is coming folks. Can't you feel it too. I can't describe exactly what I mean other than to say I am aware of a coming change. I think we all are even if we don't know what it is. You know how animals instinctively know when a natural event is going to occur. I think that is what I and many others are feeling.
Yes I feel a spiritual shift coming, the world will enter the golden age as we evolve into the next demension. Humans have to evolve or we will become extinct.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:45 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times
I don't know how, what or when, but I think we are in the Last Days. Everything seems to prophetically point to it, but only God knows for sure.

But everyone, of different faiths and creeds all agree......something big is about to happen.....

Old 06-16-2008, 07:37 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I don't know how, what or when, but I think we are in the Last Days. Everything seems to prophetically point to it, but only God knows for sure.

But everyone, of different faiths and creeds all agree......something big is about to happen.....
If that is true then how come I do not know a single person that thinks that...Strange

Old 06-16-2008, 07:46 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If that is true then how come I do not know a single person that thinks that...Strange
Not everyone does think that. It's not a subject that's talked about routinely "Hey, do you think the end of the world will happen this week?"
"No, maybe next week, scary!"
I mean I haven't talked about this with many people - and I haven't taken a Poll on this, so I am not saying that EVERYONE believes the end is nigh, just that most people when it IS discussed are concerned and think that times are getting tougher - the possibility of global warming, decreased oil, food supplies decreasing - all these things make people THINK - JUST HOW LONG HAVE WE GOT LEFT? And most agree, something is afoot.....

But, like I said it could be all bunkum.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:50 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
with four years away we are already seeing the warning signs. We've had severe droughts, floods in Iowa that have killed people, many tornados that have killed people including one person in my city, a locust outbreak in England, and earthquakes that have killed thousands in Asia. 2012 is just around the corner. It has been said that the polar shift of 2012 has actually already begun which could be why we are seeing a rise in natural disasters. When the poles completely shift we will see far much worse. Areas that have been snow cold climates will melt and become warm areas. The polar caps will melt and we will see a dramatic rise in sea level world-wide. Some say we will see a complete Pole Reversal meaning the South Pole will become the North Pole. Such a dramatic shift would destroy all life on earth.

"According to some geologists and scientists, we are in the middle of a deadly 11,500 year cycle when the ice age comes back. The start of the cycle is marked with a Polar reversal, super volcanic activities, massive earthquakes, Tsunamis and nasty hurricanes. 11, 500 years back, the last ice age happened and what we have started experiencing – all happened. In the last one year the earth experienced the largest three earthquakes in the last two hundred years. The under water volcanoes and earthquakes have gone up 88% over the last three years. The continental earthquakes have gone up by 62% during the same time frame. The rate of increase of these earthquakes and volcanoes when drawn against time is staggering"

The earth's wobble has stopped

The Chandler wobble was first discovered back in 1891 by Seth Carlo Chandler an American astronomer. The effect causes the Earth's poles to move in an irregular circle of 3 to 15 metres in diameter in an oscillation. The Earth's Wobble has a 7 year cycle which produces two extremes, a small spiraling wobble circle and a large spiraling wobble circle, about 3.5 years apart. The Earth was in October 2005 moving into the small spiraling circle (the MIN phase of the wobble), which should have slowly unfolded during 2006 and the first few months of 2007. (Each spiraling circle takes about 14 months). But suddenly at the beginning of November 2005, the track of the location of the spin axis veered at a very sharp right angle to its circling motion.

The track of the spin axis began to slow down and by about January 8, 2006, it ceased nearly all relative motion on the x and y coordinates which are used to define the daily changing location of the spin axis.
One interesting implication is the likely increase in tectonic activity which may follow during the next 20 years or so. The last major anomaly in the MIN phase of the X WAVE was during 1936, which induced a major phase shift and sharp change in direction of the drift of the pole. Following that anomaly, the frequency of 7.0 plus quakes nearly doubled from some 18 per year to over 30 per year. The year following the anomaly saw many major increases in volcanism. We are likely headed towards a similar 20 year season of increase in tectonic activity, beginning with a major increase in volcanism during 2006-08 and the occurrence of more 7.0 plus quakes, even as many three per month for many years afterwards. This activity, combined with the effects of Global Warming on the creation of Super Storms, are likely to keep the news channels quite busy.

This anomaly will be of significant interest to fans of Edgar Cayce, the famed sleeping prophet. He predicted during the mid 1930's that a new cycle of the shifting of the poles would begin in 2000/2001 and thereafter an increase in the "upheavals" in the Earth. Since this anomaly has appeared in a "cycle" of Chandler's Wobble which began in 2000, just after the completion of the MIN PHASE in 1999, we are now seeing Cayce's prediction fulfilled with remarkable fidelity.

Last edited by gsoboi; 06-16-2008 at 08:07 AM..

Old 06-16-2008, 08:02 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Not everyone does think that. It's not a subject that's talked about routinely "Hey, do you think the end of the world will happen this week?"
"No, maybe next week, scary!"
I mean I haven't talked about this with many people - and I haven't taken a Poll on this, so I am not saying that EVERYONE believes the end is nigh, just that most people when it IS discussed are concerned and think that times are getting tougher - the possibility of global warming, decreased oil, food supplies decreasing - all these things make people THINK - JUST HOW LONG HAVE WE GOT LEFT? And most agree, something is afoot.....

But, like I said it could be all bunkum.
I don't believe that the end is near, but I do agree that the earth is going through a warming cycle as it has many times before, and we are using up resources at an alarming rate, and the growth in population may soon outstrip the food supply. Even today many are starving, but I believe man will adapt as we always have.

We are already exploring other sources of energy, creating grains and other food sources with greater yields. The greatest problem in my opinion is population growth, but being the optimist I am I believe that too will be answered.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:39 AM

539 posts, read 1,804,742 times
All of the weather phenomena - is it really happening more often or are we just getting our news more readily? I'm a Christian and if the Bible says so - who am I to argue. I'm not trying to be a smart-a** , I'm just curious.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:06 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:

In spite of Sanspeur's response, you are indeed in the majority with this feeling. It's in the air....it's real and it's coming soon. Sanspeur, all you have to do is read through the various threads in the Christianity sub-forum to know that MANY people feel this way. Except for atheists.

I happen to think that something major will be happening this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal