Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:37 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,480,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
An astroid will hit the earth, and the Bible states it will hit an ocean. The Bible states, it will destroy one third of the ships in that sea, and one third of the marine life there. Yet, I do not see this happening until around the year 2034. This event will not destroy the earth. Yet there are far worse things to come.
WHAT? Where are you getting this stuff? Revelation? When was the Revelation written and when were the events written within it to happen?

Notice the very first verse--John was shown the things that were to SHORTLY take place (1:1; 22:6). What does that mean, Campbell34? He was also told that the time was THEN near (1:3; 22:10). What does NEAR mean, Campbell34? John was told this in the first chapter and then again in the last chapter--just in case we didn't quite get it the first time! He was also told NOT to seal up the words of the prophecy. Why? Because the time for their fulfillment was near. This is different from what Daniel was told--He was told TO seal up the words of the prophecy because the time for their fulfillment was NOT near!

Again, the events of the Revelation are NOT for our day.

Preterist

Old 10-04-2008, 01:25 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,945,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
WHAT? Where are you getting this stuff? Revelation? When was the Revelation written and when were the events written within it to happen?

Notice the very first verse--John was shown the things that were to SHORTLY take place (1:1; 22:6). What does that mean, Campbell34? He was also told that the time was THEN near (1:3; 22:10). What does NEAR mean, Campbell34? John was told this in the first chapter and then again in the last chapter--just in case we didn't quite get it the first time! He was also told NOT to seal up the words of the prophecy. Why? Because the time for their fulfillment was near. This is different from what Daniel was told--He was told TO seal up the words of the prophecy because the time for their fulfillment was NOT near!

Again, the events of the Revelation are NOT for our day.

Preterist
Shortly take place is a warning to be ready. The Bible is far more detailed to ignore good clues that it provides. If you recall a day with the Lord is a thousand years and a thousand years = a day. Trying to put a time on (shortly take place) is rather foolish, and requires guess work that is not supported by Scripture.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:36 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,622,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Shortly take place is a warning to be ready. The Bible is far more detailed to ignore good clues that it provides. If you recall a day with the Lord is a thousand years and a thousand years = a day. Trying to put a time on (shortly take place) is rather foolish, and requires guess work that is not supported by Scripture.
Does anybody understand what is trying to be said here? It sounds like a bunch of gibberish to me and makes absolutely no sense at all. I'm just curious, is this what they call speaking in tongues?

Old 10-04-2008, 01:46 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,607,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Does anybody understand what is trying to be said here? It sounds like a bunch of gibberish to me and makes absolutely no sense at all. I'm just curious, is this what they call speaking in tongues?
Well, Campbell's post is rather confusing, but essentially what it is saying is that Christians are not supposed to be using a timeline as to when the world will end. At least, I'm think that's what Campbell was trying to say. Of course, I could be entirely wrong, in which case your guess is as good as mine!

Old 10-04-2008, 03:05 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,622,388 times
Well then, I would say that's just about as clear as mud, from a non-Christian perspective....

Old 10-05-2008, 07:29 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,945,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Well, Campbell's post is rather confusing, but essentially what it is saying is that Christians are not supposed to be using a timeline as to when the world will end. At least, I'm think that's what Campbell was trying to say. Of course, I could be entirely wrong, in which case your guess is as good as mine!
CelticLady you are correct in that the term, (shortly to come to pass.) Should never be taken to mean a specific time period. It is a general statement that cannot be used to target the generation that it was written in. When God speaks of a time in the future, He gives us other references that will give us hints that will alert us to that time. When God speaks of the end times, He tells us that will be in the day when the Jews have returned to the land of Israel, or in the day that the armies of the East will be able to raise up an army of 200 million men. These are specifics, and are not vague general statements.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,435 times
i read allott i believe the myans was right on if its a star hitting us like dinos. or jesus coming back to judge it will happen ,man is klilling himself daily nomatter what through polution killings power money all we are over populated i mean we may kill are selfes all happens for a reason most say so what are the nucs for we just be are own keepers waiting to end it are selfes but i no sooner or later maybe not 2012 but if we look at 1999 till 2008 how bad econemy and world is going now 2012 may be just the date can we pull another 3-4 years before there is an over thowing of govt as people are starving and cant work and they think military treally going kill there own family come on i doubt it i see another civil war exp them they will be pointing towars the blk new pesident is it a reason he is there byeah to point fingers i belive at the blks as us irish had it the same as the blks as i hate when blks talk they had no rights slavery all countries had slavery us irish was just as welcome as the blks in america if the younger youth do there history my grandma 87 tells me no irish no blks allowed everywere here great gramparents were slaves in texas for 30 years so i mean if we look at all countries roman whoever all had slaves egypt the jews got it the worst they dont point fingers all the time at the gemins thats the past some we no still exsist it always will tioll the racist love themselves and are at peace with them selfes there will always be racism towars all race italian wop irish mick blk nig.. i mean we need look at the depression i say all stick together and fight together for are govt to keep money in the usa and stop helping send 70 trillion build other countries right now and help all americians of all race here that work poor obama says middle class he knows best he did not come from middle class what about peopel like me and millions poor lost all can collect 170 dollars a week for 13 weeks then f off to us come on and then they want us to help fight to save this and there money and asses if we get invaded when they did not care about us say 6 months ago when we were all garbage now fight save the people well maybe its time for a new type of leader ship as are for farther intended not the rich stay rich poor get poorer well they take from us and take and when we need its **** us but give iraq 70 trillion you no how many people here citizens can start companies start lives healthcare doctors dont go to scholl no more look at the statistics do to all law suits and no one pays and cant afford it i mean this country is crumblimg rotting from inside out and we sit and listyen to bush say we are close no we are no its a stand off they dont whant are ways of life can you blame them for real we are all materialistic people and they dont want that the govs pic it for them and oil dont get me started bush use to meet with the ladin family on his oil stocks he had with them he is a coke head and someone has to say it he is watch is nose jesters next time and his flush face and beeimingeyes he is a drug addict and someone like that running the countrie think your friend anyone you new or no on drugs running the military the world the country come on bush go **** yourself hope you rott in hell someone should of picked your ass off no kill presidents like kennedy why [people love violince and bush is that answer for the crazy people why no one tried .rhode island says obama watch bush he is a trader and will make you look like an ass ajeferson a 3 grade education got us out of billions of dollars of debt only president no education just new who to trust and listened to the peole and his heart said **** the rest of congress i am the man and he did it we all can learn from a great man like that and you think i bull**** learn history take a look only president 3-4 degree education shows you any one as he said has the heart and the right goals can do it an obama the poor need you more then the rich as jefferson said he rather die poor fighting the a rich ass hated bye the people that followed trusted and loved him this is rhode idland kid saying god bless us all or whatever your religion is or higher power as i struggle im waiting for my chance to fight this fight all the way dont need some fanct education just balls and say no to idiots close the borders bye americian .

Old 12-22-2008, 04:09 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,099,452 times
no i dont. but both coasts are going to drop off. i already got my disaster preparedness plan in place
goggle fins and mask in the closet.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:13 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,403,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
Can somebody help me out here? This have been bugging me for some time now. Do you think the world is going to end at December 1?, 2012? What are your opinions on that day?
No, it ended on Y2K, .

I don't think we know when the world will end and, quite likely, we'll be the ones to push the button that ends it.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:53 PM

4,493 posts, read 6,295,944 times
I did some reading on this one day when I was really bored, Obviously waaayy too much time on my hands at the moment. Apparently some people believe that this planet or brown star (some say blue) will appear out of nowhere. That it is part of a binary solar system with our sun that we are completely unaware of. I think it's called Nibiru or something like it ,sometimes planet X anyway some people believe that this planet or small dark star will come in on an orbit that coincides with the Mayan Calender and cause all of the apocalyptic events that we've heard so much about.

Personally I think it's a load of you-know-what but it was highly entertaining reading on an otherwise boring day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal