Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:22 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,508,450 times

Advertisements

I can't help but get a laugh every time I hear Earthlings refer to themselves as "intelligent life."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 03:15 AM

90 posts, read 179,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
I can't help but get a laugh every time I hear Earthlings refer to themselves as "intelligent life."

Thanks, I needed that!

Old 08-23-2008, 09:15 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,473,482 times
Post News, Ex-NASA astronaut 'sure' aliens exist.

BIRMINGHAM, England, July 26 (UPI) -- An ex-NASA astronaut says he is still "totally sure" life exists elsewhere in the universe and earthly governments have tried to hide the existence of aliens.

Edgar Mitchell, a 77-year-old former National Aeronautics and Space Administration astronaut who walked on the moon for nine hours in the Apollo 14 mission Feb. 9, 1971, remains strong in his stance that aliens are real, the Daily Telegraph reported Saturday.

Ex-NASA astronaut 'sure' aliens exist - UPI.com

Old 08-23-2008, 09:28 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,277,348 times
I thought i heard another astronaut say something like this as well. I mean I have never been in space so who am I to say other wise.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:51 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,151,472 times
I don't know, I have been on the "doubtful" side on this issue, but I don't like the lack of explanations as to what happened in Chicago on 11/7/06.

In the sky! A bird? A plane? A ... UFO? -- chicagotribune.com

A UFO at O'Hare? Some Pilots Thought So - washingtonpost.com

Old 08-24-2008, 01:46 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,329,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I thought i heard another astronaut say something like this as well. I mean I have never been in space so who am I to say other wise.

I think we saw same astronaut on Larry King . I have mixed feelings .

Old 08-24-2008, 07:59 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,062,033 times
I believe this is all government propaganda. No aliens exist or they might but have never visited this planet.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:03 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,526,688 times
I've posted on this before, and 'thought about it' for many years now. I find it MUCH easier to believe that 'aliens' (in SOME form) exist elsewhere, in many places..than to believe that in our whole vast unimaginable universe, the life we see here on earth is "it"..that there's nothing else out there. THAT'S what would be hard to believe, as far as I'm concerned.

As to why these "aliens" haven't 'visited' us?....come down to 'announce themselves', perhaps ask us to 'take them to our leader'? Are you KIDDING ? Assuming that anyone (or any 'thing') has the technology and the wherewithal to 'reach here' from wherever they originate, what makes us think they'd have ANY interest in 'mingling' with US? Why on EARTH would they want to 'meet our leader'? (don't laugh, please).

Any life form sufficiently advanced to arrive here from elsewhere, would no doubt regard us as we'd regard some exotic toad or lizard on a remote island. We'd look at it...study it...perhaps capture one or two...but we would have no interest in 'communicating' with it.

In fact, if these extraterrestrial visitors have any sort of scientific minds, they undoubtedly already know that if they ever DID 'reveal themselves' to us, our whole civilization would probably collapse. Somehow, I don't think the human race could handle the idea of taking its place somewhere 'down the food chain' with the rabbits and the chickens. We're used to being 'in charge'....and it's likely our 'visitors' know this, and don't want to cause the collapse of our society....so they just 'look',...but don't 'touch'.

Makes sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal