Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Since you posted, I edited my prior post, addding a link. You night find it interesting. Nobody posted at Area 51 has blown the whistle. How come everyone there, sworn to secrecy on classified data, is keeping quiet? If there is nothing secret going on at Area 51, where's the retired DOD guy sitting down with the media explaining just what is going on there, and why the government id maintaining such an air of unnecessary and tantalizing secrecy?
What does area 51 have to do with poisoning americans? Keeping secrets about what happens on a base and keeping secret a deliberate atack on US civilians and citizens are 2 entirely different things. That is even if area 51 is actually doing anything so secret. They may well be the warehouse of alien artifacts. I don't know because I was never there nor do I know anyone who was. I know a lot of sailors who served on boomers and attack subs who don't talk about their patrols or ships abilities. That doesn't mean they wouldn't spill their guts if they were witness to or part of a mission to harm fellow americans. One is not the same as the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 09:32 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
While New Mexico ranks low in many respects (poverty, education, drunk driving), its citizens are some of the healthiest in the nation. We generally spend more time in the outdoors than average. Other than a higher rate of skin cancer, we have less heart disease, cancer, and obesity than the rest of the nation as a whole. If they are spraying any thing, its healthy!

Both UNM and NM Tech have researched Chemtrails. One study actually sent a probe into the chemtrail. All they found were chemicals consistent with a jet engine.

JT, many people who visit the high desert suffer heart symptons or aggrivate an existing heart condition. I have a relative living at sea level (San Diego) who cannot visit NM because the altitude aggrivates his heart condition. Additionally, New Mexico is well known for its allergy-producing plants and dust.

Several of the world's top runners train in New Mexico. On any given day one might see two or three Ethipoian or African runners on the Sandia Crest or La Luz trail. Albuquerque is just over 5000 feet in most places. The trail ends at over 10,000 feet. The high altitutude gives them an advantage when they return to sea level.

There is a long-term study underway right now comparing the size of the heart muscle of the population of Albuquerque and Denver with those from sea level. I think they are using Peru in their study also.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:51 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
...They are called chemtrails if additional chemicals are added to the contrail, which is childishly easy to rig a plane to do...
I take it you've never worked in aerospace engineering...

Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
There's a whole subculture of conspiracy theorists (many fully off their rockers) who believe we're all being doped and poisoned by chemtrails...but the sylphs often swoop in and eat the chemtrails, saving us from their evil effects.
I saw a comic book once, about terrorists sneaking into the country and undermining it. . So, obviously, the comic book reference to the threat proves that anybody who thinks there is a terrorist threat is just another goofy whacko in a tinfoil hat. Fantasists NEVER relate their fantasies to real-world stimuli.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post

What's the story here? I've known healthy people that get cancer for no apparent reason, and seen some crazy things happen with people's health, but it still seems a bit far fetched to me to think that the government is behind every unexplainable bad thing that happens to a person.

Unlike cancer, Idiopathic congestive heart failure is relatively uncommon, although we are begining to find causative factors for quite a few of cancers, too. In both cases, there are causative factors that have not been clearly identified yet---a concept you seem to dismiss out of hand: If we dont know it is a cause right now, it is not a cause---such as chemtrails---and further exploration is pointless to the medical community. CHF patients, in a large majority of cases, present at least one characteristic that cardiologists can identify as being a contributing factor in its development.

Let's see, who was it, again, who posted the opinion that said the government is behind every unexplainable bad thing that happens to a person? I would certainly have objected myself to such a bold statement. It is easy to dispute what people say, when they didn't say it at all.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:47 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
I live where it's sunny 320 days a year. On most days, there is nothing but blue sky. But if there are clouds in the forecast, there will be a grid of chemtrails in the sky to precede the cloudy day. I have taken photos of lines criss crossing the sky extending to the distant horizon. These lines have nothing to do with incoming flights to the nearby international airport and can't possibly be due to regularly scheduled overhead flights otherwise they would be visible every day rather than on days before the arrival of clouds. I tend to get headaches when the lines coalesce into a white film that covers the sky. I have also taken photos of the same phenomenon in other states. I have pointed out these anomalies to bystanders who look at the sky, look at me, and say nothing as they go about filling up their gas tank or walking into the mall. People think they're clouds because they're idiots, unaware of the increasingly unnatural world around them.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:55 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
If you read its own FAQ, it is a very dangerous piece of equipment.
Note however, that this is NOT an expensive or exclusive technology. It has been around for almost a hundred years.

I'm sure China, and by extension many others have this tech as well, Bill Clinton would have seen to that when he made China most favored nation.....

I'm sure many would agree, that in sixty some years since the advent of the atomic bomb, weapons technology, and advancements have not stood still. Just food for thought.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
While New Mexico ranks low in many respects (poverty, education, drunk driving), its citizens are some of the healthiest in the nation. We generally spend more time in the outdoors than average. Other than a higher rate of skin cancer, we have less heart disease, cancer, and obesity than the rest of the nation as a whole. If they are spraying any thing, its healthy!

Both UNM and NM Tech have researched Chemtrails. One study actually sent a probe into the chemtrail. All they found were chemicals consistent with a jet engine.

JT, many people who visit the high desert suffer heart symptons or aggrivate an existing heart condition. I have a relative living at sea level (San Diego) who cannot visit NM because the altitude aggrivates his heart condition. Additionally, New Mexico is well known for its allergy-producing plants and dust.

Several of the world's top runners train in New Mexico. On any given day one might see two or three Ethipoian or African runners on the Sandia Crest or La Luz trail. Albuquerque is just over 5000 feet in most places. The trail ends at over 10,000 feet. The high altitutude gives them an advantage when they return to sea level.

There is a long-term study underway right now comparing the size of the heart muscle of the population of Albuquerque and Denver with those from sea level. I think they are using Peru in their study also.

Then they did not study chemtrails, they studied contrails. The air force did not announce in advance which operations were chemtrails.

Several years before this trip, we lived in Bolivia, where we spent extended periods in large polluted cities located at elevations comparable to the tops of the highest peaks in New Mexico, without any unusual ill effects, and had made trips to the high desert and Rocky Mountains every year, but this case, at only about 5,000 feeet (near Farmington), there was sudden onset of symptoms consistent with CHF in a perfectly healthy person with an otherwise perfectly healthy heart. We both observed the distinctly unpleasant character of the air at ground level, while noting the solidifying chemtrail overcast, many hours before she started to complain of the symptions. By late that night, I could actually hear the gurgling sound of fluid in her lungs, and we considered driving to an ER, but people without health insurance think twice about such a rash move, camping out in northern Arizona, 100 miles from a hospital. The symptoms came and went for the next few weeks, then would pop up more mildly occasionally, (with doctor unable to diagnose a cause) and seven years later, during a debilitating eposode of the same symptoms, CHF was diagnosed and treated radically. Would a reasonable person suspect a connection, when there are already so many anecdotal reports of similar events in other cases?

If the government is doing anything inconsistent with the health of Americans, would you expect them to deny it?

Last edited by jtur88; 09-01-2008 at 12:20 PM..

Old 09-01-2008, 12:58 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
[quote=bbkaren;5078906]It's a big scary battle up in the sky that we don't even know about.[quote]

This brings to mind, the big scary battle under the sea, during the "cold war" that we didnt even know about, until after the wall came down. US, UK and Soviet submarines routine tracked each other, and even engaged in games of "chicken" with one another. Some resulting in minor collisions IIRC. No one in the government told us what was going on then, we didnt need to know. Because we didnt know, didnt mean it wasnt happening.
Perhaps "chemtrails" are a similar happenstance. Hard to deny that they're there, impossible to know what they really are. Because they are mysterious, it is easy to take the leap, and believe they are something sinister. In my experience, these types of things usually end up being something entirely different than what we ever could have dreamt up on our own. Thats not saying they are dangerous, but neither am I saying they are totally benign.
Based on Jtur's experiences, he has every reason to hold the beliefs he does.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:02 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
And the sylphs? Who sends those? Tibet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal