Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:42 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Describe it.
I've seen several of them. The first was in June of 1967, at about 11:00 in the morning in southern Michigan out in the boonies. I was looking out across the field to the north of our house and suddenly a silver disk about 50' in diameter came cruising past, 200 yards from me and about 80 ft. off the ground. I could see a slight compression vapor coming off the leading edge of it and noted the bright gleam of sunlight off it's surface. I could hear no engine sounds but could hear it splitting the air as it passed by. It disappeared over the woodlot to my left. There were no lights, windows, or other features visible to me, only a silver convex disk shaped craft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 04:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Yes, but I don't want to talk about it.
The exact enactment of what I saw, tho, was depicted on some channel that a policeman saw...
it brought it all back and I don't care to think about it.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:57 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Describe it.
I am seeing a lot more of them of late, but thankfully the reason why has become clear. The rise in popularity of the "Quad" air machine has been causing a lot of people to think they are seeing all kinds of extra-terrestrial objects.

My brother just purchased one and I can see why they freak people out. The lights on them are three colored and have an eerie neon like effect in the dark. They move so fast too, streaking across the sky. And it is amazing to me how high you have to go so the object becomes "soundless". It is actually _not_ That high at all. A couple of metres and the sound of them is almost entirely gone.

Really freaky stuff. We descended ours into a field populated by a few of the local teens who were engaging in some cans of beer and some weed. Through the night vision camera on it, which sends live video back to the user handset, we saw some seriously freaked out youths indeed.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
I've seen a very small green light in the sky moving very slowly

Old 01-22-2015, 07:52 AM

818 posts, read 1,017,440 times
I saw a UFO about 35 years ago in Beaverton, OR in a park during daylight hours. It was a large circular object, maybe 50-75 feet across with many lights making a slight whooshing and noisy sound and hovering moving horizontally at maybe 15-25 mph. It was maybe 100-150 feet above the ground. It was definitely not a helicopter. I still can't fathom what it was to this day. This was back in the days when Mt. St. Helens erupted, spewing ash all over. Left an unforgettable impression.

Last edited by Know Nonsense; 01-22-2015 at 08:04 AM..

Old 01-22-2015, 08:02 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
No....yes...maybe

I would say no because I never read any news about it. I was driving at night when it was raining out. In front of me very low, all of a sudden something with 3 lights passed in front of me in the sky. It was obviously below the clouds. It didn't look like an airplane (no airport near by) nor did it look like a helicopter. It was real fast.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:23 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Do not recal the exact year, but will say 1980. i could not see it's shape as there was a lot of atmospheric haze and it was at dusk. What got my attention was a very deep low hum, I could feel and hear it. When I went outside I saw something just sitting in the sky to the north. It had two sets of three lights. Sort of looked like a pair of traffic lights. It also had a white light at the bottom. I lived on a hill so I was looking at it almost eye level. It was quite far away and that was surprising. My first thought was helicopter, but there was no rythmic break in the hum. And no helicopter I had ever seen had these sorts of lights. I asked my step mother to come see. She is from Equador and I mention that only because of their attitude about alien ufos. But at the time, I was not aware of this, I was 12 or 14? But it is significant in retrospect. Her reaction and words stunned me...
She comes out takes one look at it and as she is turing around to go back inside says, 'oh, that's an alien craft' like it is no big deal.
It sat there for quite a bit and then it started to move in some slow strange path, the white light started to move, as a spotlight. It flashed towards me, but was not blinding because it was so far away, but it was still really bright. Then the light stared to fade and the thing started to drift up and to the left, pause, and then flashed away at a crazy speed.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:46 AM

96 posts, read 117,414 times
I saw a UFO orb in the clear blue skies of a summer day in 2011 in Fayerweather Island, Black Rock Harbor, CT, USA.

It was about 4:00 PM and my wife and I were sitting along the coast. I was watching the waves crash on the shore. My wife was looking up in the cloudless sky at something hovering. She nudged me and asked me what that thing was in the sky. I looked up. It was a circular object reflecting sunlight. I estimate it was about 50,000 feet in the sky over the water about 30 degrees from the perpendicular where we were. I never seen anything like it. It was some object. It hovered for a few seconds and then it took off at an incredible acceleration inland. It left no contrail or made no noise. It was just a steady orb that was still then shot off as if a 1,000 mile an hour wind suddenly pulled it out of our sight.

I don't believe in extraterrestrial aliens. And I don't believe in flying saucers. Yet, this was unexplained to this day. Nothing that I am familiar with such as airplanes, helicopters, weather balloons exhibited the kind of flight behavior I witnessed with my wife. The best analogy I can come up with is as if someone was shining a laser beam dot on a wall and then moved it fast by arcing the laser beam pen in their hand.

So, yes, this falls into seeing a UFO-- Unidentified Flying Object.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
fishing an inlet of the missouri rver in the 70's with 3 brothers. Across the river a lght descended and stopped above the tree's a ways, a smaller light appeared to come out of the larger one and descend into the woods on the other side and disappear there. The larger one ascended slowly up until faded out. Strangers on other side of inlet asked "did you see that"... 1980's brother and I starwatching rural area. Out of the west a light brighter than any star got my attntin, suddenly began to move. It stopped then started a different direction then stopped and again started a different direction and finally ended up directly above us then faded out. I am guessing now that this was a satallite being posistioned?... 1990's 3 friends and i camping along river in the woods when a light appeared to be coming down a trail. We scattered and hid. Thought it may be cops, it was very bright for flashlight and wasnt exactly camping area, might be in trouble. It went back the way it came. We went back to camp and 5 or 10 minutes later it came back. We stayed put watching as it got nearer and appeared to be a ball or orb of light, then it lifted into the trees and manuevered throgh them and i was suddenly frightened. This was the scariest sighting i've had. It was floating throgh the trees, about twice the size of an exercise ball. It changed direction fortunately went to the river and took a right then dissappeared up river. Maybe 30 seconds later a loud sound got louder and there was no time to hide from the spotlight of a helicopter just above the trees, lit up camp but continued to the river and off it went too. One of my friends called the local air base and they gave him the fbi's #... I told him to leave me out of it and he never made the appointment

Old 01-28-2015, 11:42 AM

685 posts, read 720,895 times
I believe I was just out college. My parents were in quiet burbs outside DC. Skies were dark and clear. I saw six lights to the right of my horizon. They sat in formation (straight across with a slight-looking curve that may not have been there due to distortion) and then they all took off quickly across the skies. It was a UFO but probably from the military (my best guess). I wasn't frightened because I thought there was a logical explanation for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal