Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:50 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
In 1974 a minsiter by the name David Wilkerson stated that God had given him a vision of things to come. David was the author of a book that some might recall titled the "Cross and the switchblade". His book came out in the year 1974, and he speaks of a number of things to come, yet for the sake of time, I will mention but three here. Dave did not know the order of these events, he only knew they would all happen, and he believed they would all happen in his life time.

In his book on page 92 Dave states,
"Those who have lived under terrible religious persecution will enjoy a limited period of freedom. God's Holy Spirit will split the Iron and Bamboo Curtains and will seek out and find hungry hearts in Russia, China, and Eastern Europe.God is bring to pass a temporary truce between the East and the West for the express purpose of getting the gospel into these Communist countries. After a short period of freedom and spiritual awakening among many, the doors will suddenly close, and the persecution madness will begin with intensity and engulf all those nations."

Starting on page 15, Wilkerson states that there is an economic confusion just ahead. He states it will not be a depression but a recession of such magnitude that it will affect the lifestyle of nearly every wage earner in America and around the world. Wilkerson states that we are going to see the bankruptcies of some of Americas most popular corporations. And he also states that many people will not be able to pay off their credit cards that will cause near chaos. He states the United States government is going to "overreact" to the confused economical developments. There will be a flurry of near-panic decisions being made by various government agencies-but their hasty efforts to shore up the ecomy will backfire.
The President will try to assure all that the economy is fine, but people will distrust his statements, and this will lead to a revolution at the polls. The auto industry is going to be hurt badly. It will be spotty at first, yet it will eventually affect nearly all industry.

Starting on page 50 Wilkerson states that the sin of Sodom is coming. He states that a Homosexual Epidemic is coming. And the forces that now hold them back will be swept away. He states that very soon they will becoming out in mass numbers, and what took place in Sodom, and Gamorah, will occur again in our generation.

All of this and much more was spoken of in his book, back in 1974. When I read the part about the truce between Russia and China I put the book away and thought that was to far fetched. Yet time is only revealing that what Wilkerson said is true. And all of these things according to Wilkerson are leading up to the second coming of Jesus Christ.
The iron and bmboo curtains have been down for awhile now - they have not gone back up - so I do not know what generalized phrases like 'After a short period of freedom and spiritual awakening among many, the doors will suddenly close, and the persecution madness will begin with intensity and engulf all those nations.' It has been longer than a short period and where is the renewed madness and intensity in Russia China, and Eastern Europe?

The other two he clearly said they were going to happen soon. We have had plenty of economic confusions throughout our history - what does he mean and how is that significantly different than what we always seem to go through? He said it was 'just ahead' and that it would 'cause near chaos.' Failed in my view. This was in 1974 along with his the homosexual community will be coming out in 'mass numbers' and 'very soon' - another failure.

Conclusion - all speculative and off the mark by years and tainted with generalizations and no unique events - FAIL.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:56 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
I have a predition to make:

Idiots who read this wilkerson book will take it as gospel because it fortifies their religious paranoid delusions. They will go so far as to, in essense, deify this man, calling him a true prophet of god (as opposed to what he is, profitting from god).

Oh wait! It is already happening!

Wilkerson never asked for money. Yet people who were aware of the many programs set up around the world gave.

And as a side note. Wilkerson was killed in auto accident in Texas on April 27, 2011. And on that very day storms coming out of Texas became America's worst tornado outbreak in it's history. Coincidence? I think not.

Tribute to David Wilkerson

http://player.vimeo.com/video/23002650

Old 05-16-2011, 03:04 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
It is not possible for anyone to see the future it just doesn't happen.

Prophecy = Educated guesses and dumb luck.

I would like to hear more about christian prophets who get it wrong. Which happens with much greater frequency.

If christian wackos spout enough "prophecy" they're bound bound to get a couple right now and again.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
It is not possible for anyone to see the future it just doesn't happen.

Prophecy = Educated guesses and dumb luck.

I would like to hear more about christian prophets who get it wrong. Which happens with much greater frequency.

If christian wackos spout enough "prophecy" they're bound bound to get a couple right now and again.

Once when I was in the middle of a prayer God spoke to me and said. "Your wife is going to have a child." About four hours later my wife discovered she was pregnant.

Another time God spoke to me and said I should pray about getting a job. As soon as I did, and as soon as I said the (A) of Amen. The phone next to me began to ring. And while I was still on my knees I picked up the phone and got the job.

Sir Issac Newton believed the prophecies of the Bible, and that is why he told us that before the year 2060 we would see Jews returning to the land of Israel and Jerusalem. And their return would anger many nations around the world. And he said this, 250 years before Israel became a nation.

All things are possible with God. The problem is most people do not have a relationship with Him. So these people remain spiritually dead, and such advanced knowledge is not a reality to them.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:12 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Wow, aren't you just a hotbed of fairy tales? How many years did it take you to convince yourself that you are so special that god whispers in your ear?

Old 05-16-2011, 04:47 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,022 times
This again?

Old 05-16-2011, 04:51 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
According to Wilkerson, he states that the Homosexual community will become violent. In Sodom and Gomorrah the men were attacking anyone they wanted, and Wilkerson said we will experience this again only here in America. He tells us, the time is not far off when you will read in your newspapers about sordid accounts of children being attacked by homosexual mobs. He states their community well become very militant and brazen, and they will be responsible for numerous sex crimes in the future. He saw the day when roving mobs of homosexual men will be publicly assaulting innocent people in parks, on the streets, and in secret places.
"Hey guys, we've come a long way as gay people in America, but there's still a lot of people who hate us. What can we do to improve our public image and make them realize we're human just like they are?"

"Hmm, how about we all get together in a big mob and wander the streets, molesting any little kids we can get a hold of!"

"Capital idea, let's go for it!"

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Planet Campbell.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Wow, aren't you just a hotbed of fairy tales? How many years did it take you to convince yourself that you are so special that god whispers in your ear?

What I have stated is the truth. I was 21 years old when I first heard God's voice. Everyone that loves God is special. And fairy tales have nothing to do with my account.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavemaster View Post
"Hey guys, we've come a long way as gay people in America, but there's still a lot of people who hate us. What can we do to improve our public image and make them realize we're human just like they are?"

"Hmm, how about we all get together in a big mob and wander the streets, molesting any little kids we can get a hold of!"

"Capital idea, let's go for it!"

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Planet Campbell.

Yeah you guys have come a long way.

CHRISTIAN PRAYER GROUP SEXUALLY AND PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED BY HOMOSEXUAL MOB.

Christian Prayer Group Sexually and Physically Assaulted by Homosexual Mob | Catholic Exchange

Very clearly, I see homosexuals coming out in mass numbers and deviate sex crimes becoming more numerous and vicious. David Wilkerson from his book the Vision 1974.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
The iron and bmboo curtains have been down for awhile now - they have not gone back up - so I do not know what generalized phrases like 'After a short period of freedom and spiritual awakening among many, the doors will suddenly close, and the persecution madness will begin with intensity and engulf all those nations.' It has been longer than a short period and where is the renewed madness and intensity in Russia China, and Eastern Europe?

The other two he clearly said they were going to happen soon. We have had plenty of economic confusions throughout our history - what does he mean and how is that significantly different than what we always seem to go through? He said it was 'just ahead' and that it would 'cause near chaos.' Failed in my view. This was in 1974 along with his the homosexual community will be coming out in 'mass numbers' and 'very soon' - another failure.

Conclusion - all speculative and off the mark by years and tainted with generalizations and no unique events - FAIL.

Wilkerson stated in his book that he did not know when all this would happen. He had his opinion, yet it was not based on what he saw in the vision itself. Also the Russian attack will occur after America experiences an economic melt down. At present we are 14 trillion dollars in debt, which continues to grow. We do not have the industry we once had, and with an aging population we are not even sure how we are going to pay peoples social security. Forget about paying the 14 trillion. This cannot be sustained.

The homosexual community has comeout in mass numbers. How could you of missed that? The only thing that is off the mark is you recollection of history. And of course the fact that Wilkerson was killed on the very day America experienced it's worst tornado outbreak in it's history. I'm sure that went right over your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal