Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

Advertisements

the worlds population has doubled since 1974, it's easy to make predictions like what he said..

here is a few of mine,,,, new orleans will be abandoned in the not so distant future.. dubai will be the first modern high tech city to be abandoned.. and soon the global warmers will relize that more carbon in the atmosphere will turn out to be a good thing on a cooling planet.. get ready for a brutal winter.. predictions are easy to make.. check back in 15 to 20 years to see if me predictions are accurate..

Old 05-16-2011, 08:10 PM

659 posts, read 1,101,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell34 View Post
and of course the fact that wilkerson was killed on the very day america experienced it's worst tornado outbreak in it's history. I'm sure that went right over your head.
Because it's completely coincidental.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:17 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,628 times
Most of the economic gloom and doom reminds me of what happened during the carter presidency which was merely 2 years after he wrote the book....for that matter the economy wasn't too great under ford and with all the recent at the time turmoil that had just occured during nixons administration it didn't require much of a gift for prophesy to predict doom and gloom.We had great panic over oil shortages twice in the '70s,the early 70's had seen massive antiwar demonstrations and college takeovers,the late 60's had seen a number of political assasinations and huge race riots in major cities...barry mcguires song 'eve of destruction' sounded prophetic at the time.Things are a bit of a mess now...but nothing compared to '68-'80.

The 'homosexual epidemic' is pretty silly.Its not contagious....there aren't mass numbers of gays in existence....and most of those that do exist are pretty peaceful.The 'gay panic' predictions are about the silliest,most paranoid things i've ever read.

Extreme weather cycles have always happened,so have wars,so have famines,so have natural disasters,so have bad economic cycles.....people have been finding end of times prophecies are 'coming to pass' for 2 thousand years now......they likely still will 2 thousands years from now

Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the worlds population has doubled since 1974, it's easy to make predictions like what he said..

here is a few of mine,,,, new orleans will be abandoned in the not so distant future.. dubai will be the first modern high tech city to be abandoned.. and soon the global warmers will relize that more carbon in the atmosphere will turn out to be a good thing on a cooling planet.. get ready for a brutal winter.. predictions are easy to make.. check back in 15 to 20 years to see if me predictions are accurate..

When David Wilkerson said there would be peace between the United States and Russia. That was considered out of the question back then. Yet he said there would be peace between not only Russia, but between Eastern Europe, and China. That was not an easy call. And when I read that in his book. I put his book down thinking the man did not know what he was talking about. Only someone who was not alive back then, or is in deep denial could suggest that would of been an easy prediction to make. Even the news reporters were saying when peace came. "Who could predicted this"?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:30 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Most of the economic gloom and doom reminds me of what happened during the carter presidency which was merely 2 years after he wrote the book....for that matter the economy wasn't too great under ford and with all the recent at the time turmoil that had just occured during nixons administration it didn't require much of a gift for prophesy to predict doom and gloom.We had great panic over oil shortages twice in the '70s,the early 70's had seen massive antiwar demonstrations and college takeovers,the late 60's had seen a number of political assasinations and huge race riots in major cities...barry mcguires song 'eve of destruction' sounded prophetic at the time.Things are a bit of a mess now...but nothing compared to '68-'80.

The 'homosexual epidemic' is pretty silly.Its not contagious....there aren't mass numbers of gays in existence....and most of those that do exist are pretty peaceful.The 'gay panic' predictions are about the silliest,most paranoid things i've ever read.

Extreme weather cycles have always happened,so have wars,so have famines,so have natural disasters,so have bad economic cycles.....people have been finding end of times prophecies are 'coming to pass' for 2 thousand years now......they likely still will 2 thousands years from now

None of the big endtime prophecies have come to pass until the year 1948. That was the year Israel became a nation. It took 2 thousand years for that to be fulfilled. There is nothing silly about the millions around the earth who have died because of the Aids virus that was spread by homosexuals. People who do not want to believe the Bible just look the other way while major events are happening. And it appears to me, you are no different. The fact that David Wilkerson was killed on the very day that America experienced it's worst tornado outbreak in it's history is just one more thing the non believers will overlook.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
None of the big endtime prophecies have come to pass until the year 1948. That was the year Israel became a nation. It took 2 thousand years for that to be fulfilled. There is nothing silly about the millions around the earth who have died because of the Aids virus that was spread by homosexuals. People who do not want to believe the Bible just look the other way while major events are happening. And it appears to me, you are no different. The fact that David Wilkerson was killed on the very day that America experienced it's worst tornado outbreak in it's history is just one more thing the non believers will overlook.
People have been finding 'big endtime' prophesies being fulfilled for 2 thousand years,and it appears to me you are no different.Israel didn't again become a nation in the way prophesized in the bible.A huge percentage of jews arent returning there.Despite your weblinks to the contrary there is no likelihood of the temple being rebuilt....just some jews who have a dream.Are you alleging that God intentionally killed david wilkerson??Why would he do that?People who are obsessed with 'prophecy',whether from the bible,nostradomus,or the guy on the street corner clutching his 'the end is near' sign always reach a conclusion first and then find evidence to support it while ignoring anything that refutes or casts doubt on it.Harold Camping has 'proved' that the rapture is this saturday....i'm sure we will still be having this conversation then...and the following saturday

Old 05-16-2011, 09:47 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
What I have stated is the truth. I was 21 years old when I first heard God's voice. Everyone that loves God is special. And fairy tales have nothing to do with my account.
It is one of three things 1, You imagined it (hallucination) 2, you are lying or 3, it is a false memory. Anything else is not possible.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:15 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,553 times
But just being behaviouristic about the prediction, is it free choice OR truly a matter of cause and effect for the factual Experience?

Mr. Wilkerson probably not a moral man when he made the prophecy, nor did he expect us to be that way either.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:23 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
...and soon the global warmers will relize that more carbon in the atmosphere will turn out to be a good thing on a cooling planet...
A "cooling planet"? Not hardly. The planet isn't cooling.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:45 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Wilkerson stated in his book that he did not know when all this would happen. He had his opinion, yet it was not based on what he saw in the vision itself. Also the Russian attack will occur after America experiences an economic melt down. At present we are 14 trillion dollars in debt, which continues to grow. We do not have the industry we once had, and with an aging population we are not even sure how we are going to pay peoples social security. Forget about paying the 14 trillion. This cannot be sustained.

The homosexual community has comeout in mass numbers. How could you of missed that? The only thing that is off the mark is you recollection of history. And of course the fact that Wilkerson was killed on the very day America experienced it's worst tornado outbreak in it's history. I'm sure that went right over your head.
I am going off the quotes you gave - so he did according to those say it was going to happen soon. By the way an open ended prophecy about nations persucuting people and financial problems are a dime a dozen and a constant aspect of life - eventually anybody making such 'predictions' will end up right.

As far as your other stuff (Tornados and Debt) - irrelevent - so yeah it did go right over my head.

Furthermore, did he use the word Russian in 1974?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal