Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 07:12 PM

33,502 posts, read 36,999,655 times

Advertisements

Hey Tom, old bean, you forgot a few of Wilkerson's predictions....

1. NO MORE GOSPEL ON TV BY 1999?

He preached this in the Solomon Church in December of 1994:

2. 1000 FIRES IN NEW YORK CITY DUE TO RACE RIOTS IN 1993?

From a prophecy of September 7, 1992:

3. FINANCIAL CRASH IN 2000?

On April 15 of that year, Wilkerson prophesied this:

Old 05-18-2011, 07:24 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,948,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Hey Tom, old bean, you forgot a few of Wilkerson's predictions....

1. NO MORE GOSPEL ON TV BY 1999?

2. 1000 FIRES IN NEW YORK CITY DUE TO RACE RIOTS IN 1993?

From a prophecy of September 7, 1992:

3. FINANCIAL CRASH IN 2000?

On April 15 of that year, Wilkerson prophesied this:

Wilkerson never named dates to my knowledge sanspeur. Care to give us what Book we find these dates in and the chapter and page we can find these quotes?

Old 05-18-2011, 09:14 PM

"Right now I sense in my spirit that in less than 5 years there will be no more so-called gospel television networks. They will all fall into bankruptcy and absolute ruin."
(Solomon Church Dec. 12, 1994)

"I have had recurring visions of over 1,000 fires burning at one time here in New York city. I am convinced race riots will soon explode! New York City is right now a powder keg-ready to blow!...federal and State Welfare cutbacks will be the spark that ignites the fuse. Next year, New York City could have over 100,000 angry men on the streets, enraged because they have been cut off from benefits....Federal troops will have to move in to restore order. New York City will have tanks running down its avenues....Churches will be closed for a season because it will be too dangerous to travel about. Fires will rage everywhere." (Sept. 7, 1992)

"I am writing this letter to you on Saturday, April 15, 2000. I have on my desk the headlines in yesterday's paper: "BLACK FRIDAY - BIGGEST ONE-DAY DROP IN HISTORY." The Dow fell 618 points - the Nasdaq fell 355. I do not know what is coming in the next sixty days. If the market bounces back, I can assure you it will be temporary. THE CRASH IS INEVITABLE - NOTHING CAN STOP IT."

To his credit, he admitted his mistake after the non-event, after the market instead of crashing, reached a record high on May 22 of that year:

"In prayer, I have told the Lord I am ready at any time to confess I am wrong - that I must have spoken from my own fears or that I have spoken unadvisedly. Recently, when the market reached record highs, I wondered if those calling me a false prophet were right."

Apparently even Wilkerson can admit he was wrong, why can't you?...The day you admit you are wrong about anything, that will be the day when I think you have a chance.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:48 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,652,271 times
What about the stupid prediction he made in early 2009 that the whole east coast was imminently in danger of raging fires burning down all the cities and rioting and mass destruction?

David Wilkerson was a big fat fraud. If he was so good at predicting things, why is he dead from a car crash? Surely if he was in so tight with the big OMG, you'd think that he'd know he shouldn't get behind the wheel that day and kill himself.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Guy was a fraud, and shifty as hell.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
What about the stupid prediction he made in early 2009 that the whole east coast was imminently in danger of raging fires burning down all the cities and rioting and mass destruction?

David Wilkerson was a big fat fraud. If he was so good at predicting things, why is he dead from a car crash? Surely if he was in so tight with the big OMG, you'd think that he'd know he shouldn't get behind the wheel that day and kill himself.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Guy was a fraud, and shifty as hell.

Only God knows the future. And those who speak for God only speak of what God has revealed to them. The fact that Wilkerson was killed on the very day America experienced it's worst tornado outbreak in it's history should reveal to you that God had His hand on Wilkerson. However non believers will remain clueless because they only want, not to believe. Wilkerson was loved by millions of people. His whole life was spent helping the poor and the down and outs across the globe. Only the truly ignorant could say he was bad rubbish.

And if I recall Mercury Cougar. On post 69 you said the difference between an atheists and someone such as myself. When evidence is presented you atheists will admit you are right or wrong. Really? Because I asked you if Wilkerson was right when he stated 15 years before. That Russia, China, and Easten Europe would be at peace with America. Im still waiting for your answer. Was he right or was he wrong?

I asked you when Wilkerson said we would see Middle East oil fields ablaze before America was attacked by Russia. Again I am still waiting for your answer. Was Wilkerson right or was he wrong?

Evidence presented. Where is your answer Mercury Cougar?

Last edited by Campbell34; 05-19-2011 at 06:53 AM..

Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

"Right now I sense in my spirit that in less than 5 years there will be no more so-called gospel television networks. They will all fall into bankruptcy and absolute ruin."
(Solomon Church Dec. 12, 1994)

"I have had recurring visions of over 1,000 fires burning at one time here in New York city. I am convinced race riots will soon explode! New York City is right now a powder keg-ready to blow!...federal and State Welfare cutbacks will be the spark that ignites the fuse. Next year, New York City could have over 100,000 angry men on the streets, enraged because they have been cut off from benefits....Federal troops will have to move in to restore order. New York City will have tanks running down its avenues....Churches will be closed for a season because it will be too dangerous to travel about. Fires will rage everywhere." (Sept. 7, 1992)

"I am writing this letter to you on Saturday, April 15, 2000. I have on my desk the headlines in yesterday's paper: "BLACK FRIDAY - BIGGEST ONE-DAY DROP IN HISTORY." The Dow fell 618 points - the Nasdaq fell 355. I do not know what is coming in the next sixty days. If the market bounces back, I can assure you it will be temporary. THE CRASH IS INEVITABLE - NOTHING CAN STOP IT."

To his credit, he admitted his mistake after the non-event, after the market instead of crashing, reached a record high on May 22 of that year:

"In prayer, I have told the Lord I am ready at any time to confess I am wrong - that I must have spoken from my own fears or that I have spoken unadvisedly. Recently, when the market reached record highs, I wondered if those calling me a false prophet were right."

Apparently even Wilkerson can admit he was wrong, why can't you?...The day you admit you are wrong about anything, that will be the day when I think you have a chance.
Many of those past and present who have heard from the Lord believe things that are not correct. However that does not take away from what God actually showed them. The 1000 fires in New York and the riots will happen when America nolonger has anymore money to pay out to it's population. That day is coming. Even now we are not sure how we will continue to pay those on social security. Wilkersons personal opinions have been wrong. His prophecy has not been. America owes 14 trillion dollars to others. And with a much smaller industry, and an ageing population this debt will never be paid. America's debt is a fuse that will ignite Wilkerson's prophecies.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I don't know if I would call them prophecies, all of the above were signs of the time in the mid 70's. Gas prices were getting out of hand, auto manufactures were having a difficult time, there was unrest in the Soviet Block countries. People in the United States were very unhappy with the president, and Gays were were just getting started in their quest for equal rights. All one had to do was read the writing on the wall.
The fall of the Iron curtain was at had, and with Nixons visit to China in the 70's started to open China up to the rest of the world, so the downfall of the Bamboo Curtain was at had also. These are nothing more than the progression of societies.

Wilkerson told us of the fall of the Iron Curtain 15 years before it happened. He also told us that Russia would return to their old evil ways. Wilkerson saw this coming. And those who make such lame statements like. "These are nothing more than the progression of societies". Have no idea what they are even talking about. Wilkrson saw the Iron Curtain split, and he saw Russia coming back into power. And Wilkerson tells us, this future Russia will attack and destroy the United States.

Daily News & Economic Review
Wednesday May 18, 2011

RUSSIA WARNS OF 'NEW COLD WAR' AS US FOCUSES ON MIDEAST

New Russian missile to outwit any defense systems built before 2050

http://rt.com/news/prime-time/russia...s-new-missile/

Last edited by Campbell34; 05-19-2011 at 12:50 PM..

Old 05-19-2011, 12:57 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,725,991 times
I'd like to interject for a second to make a prophecy.

I forsee with great conviction that the athiests will win this argument.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'd like to interject for a second to make a prophecy.

I forsee with great conviction that the athiests will win this argument.
Only if they can continue to ignore the facts.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Many of those past and present who have heard from the Lord believe things that are not correct. However that does not take away from what God actually showed them. The 1000 fires in New York and the riots will happen when America nolonger has anymore money to pay out to it's population. That day is coming. Even now we are not sure how we will continue to pay those on social security. Wilkersons personal opinions have been wrong. His prophecy has not been. America owes 14 trillion dollars to others. And with a much smaller industry, and an ageing population this debt will never be paid. America's debt is a fuse that will ignite Wilkerson's prophecies.
As I thought. You do not have the intestinal fortitude to say you could be wrong, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal