Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:55 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

In 1974 a minsiter by the name David Wilkerson stated that God had given him a vision of things to come. David was the author of a book that some might recall titled the "Cross and the switchblade". His book came out in the year 1974, and he speaks of a number of things to come, yet for the sake of time, I will mention but three here. Dave did not know the order of these events, he only knew they would all happen, and he believed they would all happen in his life time.

In his book on page 92 Dave states,
"Those who have lived under terrible religious persecution will enjoy a limited period of freedom. God's Holy Spirit will split the Iron and Bamboo Curtains and will seek out and find hungry hearts in Russia, China, and Eastern Europe.God is bring to pass a temporary truce between the East and the West for the express purpose of getting the gospel into these Communist countries. After a short period of freedom and spiritual awakening among many, the doors will suddenly close, and the persecution madness will begin with intensity and engulf all those nations."

Starting on page 15, Wilkerson states that there is an economic confusion just ahead. He states it will not be a depression but a recession of such magnitude that it will affect the lifestyle of nearly every wage earner in America and around the world. Wilkerson states that we are going to see the bankruptcies of some of Americas most popular corporations. And he also states that many people will not be able to pay off their credit cards that will cause near chaos. He states the United States government is going to "overreact" to the confused economical developments. There will be a flurry of near-panic decisions being made by various government agencies-but their hasty efforts to shore up the ecomy will backfire.
The President will try to assure all that the economy is fine, but people will distrust his statements, and this will lead to a revolution at the polls. The auto industry is going to be hurt badly. It will be spotty at first, yet it will eventually affect nearly all industry.

Starting on page 50 Wilkerson states that the sin of Sodom is coming. He states that a Homosexual Epidemic is coming. And the forces that now hold them back will be swept away. He states that very soon they will becoming out in mass numbers, and what took place in Sodom, and Gamorah, will occur again in our generation.

All of this and much more was spoken of in his book, back in 1974. When I read the part about the truce between Russia and China I put the book away and thought that was to far fetched. Yet time is only revealing that what Wilkerson said is true. And all of these things according to Wilkerson are leading up to the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:35 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,605 times
I don't know if I would call them prophecies, all of the above were signs of the time in the mid 70's. Gas prices were getting out of hand, auto manufactures were having a difficult time, there was unrest in the Soviet Block countries. People in the United States were very unhappy with the president, and Gays were were just getting started in their quest for equal rights. All one had to do was read the writing on the wall.
The fall of the Iron curtain was at had, and with Nixons visit to China in the 70's started to open China up to the rest of the world, so the downfall of the Bamboo Curtain was at had also. These are nothing more than the progression of societies.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:20 AM

321 posts, read 679,577 times
What the hell's a 'Homosexual Epidemic?'

Also, what went on in Sodom and Gomorrah has been going on since whenever IF you're talking about:

1. pride

2. fullness of food

3. abundance of idleness

4. Did not take care of the poor and needy.

which many times then results in:

various abominations ("the devil finds things for idle nations to do," so to speak)

The above is according to Ezekiel 16:49, by the way. Had to mention this because many people think Sodom was only known for homosexuality or they had a more homosexual society than anybody else. Perhaps they were open about it whereas in other societies it existed/exists but closeted for reasons like...oh, let me see...religion?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:40 AM

316 posts, read 692,797 times
Heres a link to David Wilkerson's 1985 Vision
" The Destruction Of America"
The United States in Bible Prophecy - David Wilkerson vision 1985 (http://members.iglide.net/jdurr/ProphecyNewsContent/Wilkerson.html - broken link)

Reedeming the time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:16

FirstWatch

Old 11-15-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I don't know if I would call them prophecies, all of the above were signs of the time in the mid 70's. Gas prices were getting out of hand, auto manufactures were having a difficult time, there was unrest in the Soviet Block countries. People in the United States were very unhappy with the president, and Gays were were just getting started in their quest for equal rights. All one had to do was read the writing on the wall.
The fall of the Iron curtain was at had, and with Nixons visit to China in the 70's started to open China up to the rest of the world, so the downfall of the Bamboo Curtain was at had also. These are nothing more than the progression of societies.
I don't no how old you are, but I was 24 years old in 1974. And I can tell you, there was nothing that gave any evidence back then that we were going to see the Berlin wall coming down anytime soon. When I read about the peace between the Russia, China, and the Eastern Block countries, I put the book away and stated there was no way anything like that could happen. The fall of the Soviet Union did not occur untill years later after President Regan came into office, and started calling Russia an evil empire. Then there was the arms race, and the Soviet Union went bankrupt. And even when the Berlin wall did come down, I still can remember the T.V. comentator say, "WHO COULD OF PREDICTED THIS"?
And auto makers haveing a difficult time, is not anything like we see today, our three largest auto industries are on the verge of total bankruptcy.
And at no time back then did we have to bail out our banks with 700 Billion dollars. And people did not vote the president out of office because of a worldwide economic collapse. There was nobody reading any writing on the walls, and before we got into the trouble with the banks in recent days. Everyone was saying the banking institutions are just fine.
Outside of the great depression, we have never seen anything like this, I have no idea how you could draw such a conclusion.

I might add, recently we have received a news letter from David Wilkerson, and he stated that the economic collapse we now see is the beginning of the prophecy he spoke of so many years ago.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condemned View Post
What the hell's a 'Homosexual Epidemic?'

Also, what went on in Sodom and Gomorrah has been going on since whenever IF you're talking about:

1. pride

2. fullness of food

3. abundance of idleness

4. Did not take care of the poor and needy.

which many times then results in:

various abominations ("the devil finds things for idle nations to do," so to speak)

The above is according to Ezekiel 16:49, by the way. Had to mention this because many people think Sodom was only known for homosexuality or they had a more homosexual society than anybody else. Perhaps they were open about it whereas in other societies it existed/exists but closeted for reasons like...oh, let me see...religion?
According to Wilkerson, he states that the Homosexual community will become violent. In Sodom and Gomorrah the men were attacking anyone they wanted, and Wilkerson said we will experience this again only here in America. He tells us, the time is not far off when you will read in your newspapers about sordid accounts of children being attacked by homosexual mobs. He states their community well become very militant and brazen, and they will be responsible for numerous sex crimes in the future. He saw the day when roving mobs of homosexual men will be publicly assaulting innocent people in parks, on the streets, and in secret places.

'Gay' threats target Christians over same-sex 'marriage' ban
Calvary Contender - May 1, 1994
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-glandnick/2008/11/11/anti-prop-8-mob-swarms-elderly-la (broken link)...

Old 11-15-2008, 12:54 PM

321 posts, read 679,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
According to Wilkerson, he states that the Homosexual community will become violent. In Sodom and Gomorrah the men were attacking anyone they wanted, and Wilkerson said we will experience this again only here in America. He tells us, the time is not far off when you will read in your newspapers about sordid accounts of children being attacked by homosexual mobs. He states their community well become very militant and brazen, and they will be responsible for numerous sex crimes in the future. He saw the day when roving mobs of homosexual men will be publicly assaulting innocent people in parks, on the streets, and in secret places.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-glandnick/2008/11/11/anti-prop-8-mob-swarms-elderly-la (broken link)...

Old 11-15-2008, 01:25 PM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post

Sounds like a lot of the typical fundie paranoia to me..There are no real prophets, just a bunch of fakers that make guesses.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sounds like a lot of the typical fundie paranoia to me..There are no real prophets, just a bunch of fakers that make guesses.
Sounds like you don't read your Bible much, and have a good ability to ignore written facts.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:39 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
He tells us, the time is not far off when you will read in your newspapers about sordid accounts of children being attacked by homosexual mobs.
That sort of talk is fueled by hatred and ignorance and I wouldn't read anything by an author who promoted their own fear and stupidity in the familiar form of gay bashing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal