U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:12 AM

805 posts, read 1,394,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I am prone to sleep paralysis if I sleep on my back and have experienced it many times over the years. The imagery I am confronted with is never demons or supernatural evil forces such as Christians often experience. Last time it was home invasion/robbers in the traditional role of "old hag", and it terrified me to my marrow.

The reason why sleep paralysis occurs more easily when you're on your back is because the natural direction for your astral body to float is upward. Simple solution to stop sleep paralysis is sleep on your stomach. But sometimes sleeping on your side will eliminate it too, not always.

Sorry, everyone, I don't want to appear to be some know-it-all but I have done a lot of research and exploration in finding answers and solutions to my own experiences. Just wanted to share what I did, if it helps.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 11:17 PM

622 posts, read 222,369 times
When I was a teenager, I had this unexplainable event that happened to me that scared me to the core. It scar my very soul. It caused me to have night terror, and sleep paralysis, and PSTD that lasted for decades. Right after this event, I started having night terror and sleep paralysis three or four times a night for years. Eventually, it subsided to one or two a night. Now I get it once every couple of months. Creeps the crap out of me.

Before this event, I never had any sleep terror or sleep paralysis. This is the most traumatic event in my 46 years of being alive, it is even more dramatic than the death of my mother when I was a child. This event haunts me and I think it will haunt me until the day I die. Worst of all, NO ONE and NOTHING can explain it to me why it happened or what it is.

Last edited by mikefong123; 10-16-2020 at 11:27 PM..

Old 10-16-2020, 11:26 PM

2,695 posts, read 447,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
When I was a teenager, I had this unexplainable event that happened to me that scared me to the core. It scar my very soul. It caused me to have night terror, and sleep paralysis, and PSTD that lasted for decades. Right after suffering this event, I would get night terror and sleep paralysis three or four times a night for years. Eventually, it subsided to one or two a night. Now I get it once every couple of months. Creeps the crap out of me.

Before this event, I never had any sleep terror or sleep paralysis. This is the most traumatic event in my 46 years of being alive, it is even more dramatic than the death of my mother when I was a child. This event haunts me and I think it will haunt me until the day I die. Worst of all, NO ONE, NOTHING can explain it to me why it happen or what it is.
Hi Mike. I’m interested to hear more about the initial traumatic experience. I’m also curious about any unexplainable events that occurred during any of your many sleep paralysis episodes. Thanks. I will offer my insights if I have any. DM me if you prefer.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:09 AM

19,343 posts, read 14,788,851 times
Hi mikefong, the posts by agua0 just before you were so soothing and seemed like
a good thing to do...did you see those? Good luck, with this my friend.

I haven't had a that sleep paralysis in decades. Wonder why?
And do not know why I had them in the first place! Except, one was the night I saw a scary,
weird movie The Omen...and thought I had opened my mind to paranormal stuff.
As a younger person I was terrified.

Now I think, ha, I would have the mental control to focus on my love for God and His for me - to relax.
I read somewhere it was the new feeling of coming back into your body from the Astral and waking up and being freaked by it...so the fear makes us think it is evil or something.

Who knows. BUT, I must say, reliance, dependence on and trust in my Heavenly Father God, Creator, Krishna, Holy Spirit or my guardian angel ---whatever one thinks of a or the loving, powerful Divine Spirit
is where I'm headed should it ever happen again.
It works in everything else in my life!

Old 10-20-2020, 09:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 3,161,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi mikefong, the posts by agua0 just before you were so soothing and seemed like
a good thing to do...did you see those? Good luck, with this my friend.

I haven't had a that sleep paralysis in decades. Wonder why?
And do not know why I had them in the first place! Except, one was the night I saw a scary,
weird movie The Omen...and thought I had opened my mind to paranormal stuff.
As a younger person I was terrified.

Now I think, ha, I would have the mental control to focus on my love for God and His for me - to relax.
I read somewhere it was the new feeling of coming back into your body from the Astral and waking up and being freaked by it...so the fear makes us think it is evil or something.

Who knows. BUT, I must say, reliance, dependence on and trust in my Heavenly Father God, Creator, Krishna, Holy Spirit or my guardian angel ---whatever one thinks of a or the loving, powerful Divine Spirit
is where I'm headed should it ever happen again.
It works in everything else in my life!
The very first time it happened to me I heard a snap like someone snapping their fingers right next to my ear and I felt a cold icy hand grab my little toe and pull it across the bed. I then couldn't move and I felt a vibration in my head like an electrical storm. Then I felt the presence sit on the bed. I must have had to wake up 5 or 6 times before I actually woke up.

I think it's more common in adolescents for some reason. I had it happen back in the 80s a several times and then a few more times when I was in my 30/40s but it never was as strong in later years. When I was young I'd have to wake myself up to stop it and when I was older I would end up drifting off with it happening. When this strange phenom started happening to my daughter I was able to google it and by then they knew what it was.

It's a sign of narcolepsy so I wanted her evaluated by a sleep doctor. They made us visit a psychologist first at the same building for some reason and when my daughter told her what happened she shut her notepad and said this was beyond her ability to counsel. I had to assure the woman that it was fine and could we please just get the sleep study. My husband was the one who ended up having to take her into the sleep doctor and when he heard her story he said it sounded like he was abusing her or something. The doctor knew what it was though, she got the study, and she's fine.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:50 PM

622 posts, read 222,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Hi Mike. I’m interested to hear more about the initial traumatic experience. I’m also curious about any unexplainable events that occurred during any of your many sleep paralysis episodes. Thanks. I will offer my insights if I have any. DM me if you prefer.

Short Version:

When I was 16 years old I came into contact with a supernatural or an unknown entity....It entered my body and then as quickly as it entered my body, it left my body. After that incident, I started developing night terror, sleep paralysis, and eventually lead to PSTD. Whatever that was, it has been a part of my life ever since and I'm 46 now.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:31 PM

4,517 posts, read 4,009,494 times
Quote:
It's a sign of narcolepsy so I wanted her evaluated by a sleep doctor. They made us visit a psychologist first at the same building for some reason and when my daughter told her what happened she shut her notepad and said this was beyond her ability to counsel. I had to assure the woman that it was fine and could we please just get the sleep study. My husband was the one who ended up having to take her into the sleep doctor and when he heard her story he said it sounded like he was abusing her or something. The doctor knew what it was though, she got the study, and she's fine.
The thing is....orthodox medicine has no concept of spiritual things - I agree that not everything is or has a spiritual reason for it, but the fact that they do not even acknowledge that these things can be anything other than what they determine, is disturbing.

Preachers jump to a spiritual conclusion, doctors jump to a medical conclusion and for other groups it is a condition which is matching to their area of expertise. It is because they are experts in their areas and not experts in other areas, so it has nothing to do with whether it is the correct conclusion or not.

If you go to a sleep therapist, they will say it is a sleep or medical condition. If you go to a preacher he will say it is a devil or evil spirit, so it is a spiritual condition, etc.

The world is an energetic world full of different energies and we are too innocent of these to be able to accurately diagnose the various conditions of the human body.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The thing is....orthodox medicine has no concept of spiritual things - I agree that not everything is or has a spiritual reason for it, but the fact that they do not even acknowledge that these things can be anything other than what they determine, is disturbing.

Preachers jump to a spiritual conclusion, doctors jump to a medical conclusion and for other groups it is a condition which is matching to their area of expertise. It is because they are experts in their areas and not experts in other areas, so it has nothing to do with whether it is the correct conclusion or not.

If you go to a sleep therapist, they will say it is a sleep or medical condition. If you go to a preacher he will say it is a devil or evil spirit, so it is a spiritual condition, etc.

The world is an energetic world full of different energies and we are too innocent of these to be able to accurately diagnose the various conditions of the human body.
There is a medical explanation for all of it. When it happened to me I couldn't explain it but I figured there was a logical explanation for it like maybe a seizure. It wasn't until it happened to my daughter 30 years later I looked it up online. It doesn't definitively rule out that there is a different explanation for these events. It does to me but that's up to each person to decide for themselves.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
Short Version:

When I was 16 years old I came into contact with a supernatural or an unknown entity....It entered my body and then as quickly as it entered my body, it left my body. After that incident, I started developing night terror, sleep paralysis, and eventually lead to PSTD. Whatever that was, it has been a part of my life ever since and I'm 46 now.
I can't imagine having that happen for or five times a night. That's terrifying.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:56 AM

794 posts, read 270,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

I 100% agree with you. Like on this forum to some posters everything is paranormal, a conspiracy, or BF related and facts mean nothing to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal