U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Central US
852 posts, read 1,243,632 times
Reputation: 465

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Religious and superstitious go hand in hand.
That's a matter of opinion...and we all have our own.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2008, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
31,998 posts, read 33,585,316 times
Reputation: 13131
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Hi Sanspeur,
No, not only the superstitious...the religious also.

God Bless,
Sherry
Religion and superstition are one and the same in my humble opinion.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2008, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,619,075 times
Reputation: 259
Aaaah,..... it's all about our president elect Obama believing in our customer service as the state of the art action of (what was it?) deciding the other independent of his clothing, but that the uniform matters a lot now, not to mention the cord in the Wall.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
31,998 posts, read 33,585,316 times
Reputation: 13131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Aaaah,..... it's all about our president elect Obama believing in our customer service as the state of the art action of (what was it?) deciding the other independent of his clothing, but that the uniform matters a lot now, not to mention the cord in the Wall.
Are you awake???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2008, 02:23 PM
 
2,633 posts, read 4,671,054 times
Reputation: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
That's a matter of opinion...and we all have our own.
In your opinion what makes them different?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
 
4,353 posts, read 5,697,293 times
Reputation: 10416
OK, this is going to make me sound like a nutjob but I've had a few experences with this that made me think twice about my usually logical and pragmatic point of view.

One time I was in an apartment that I had just moved into and had one of these episodes.During this a dark shadow of a man came and sat beside my bed and was trying to talk to me, he seemed really sad but I could not understand what he was saying. I managed to come out of it and thought to myself that it was just a dream and stop being silly, because it really creeped me out. That day I mentioned it to a neighbor and he said that the previous occupant had killed himself. I know that logic tells you that it was just a coincidental dream....but it felt like more than that.

I have an open mind about these things and while I don't think they are manifestations of evil ,I do think there is something there. Maybe it can be explained by science but when you have a few experiences like that you start to wonder.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Central US
852 posts, read 1,243,632 times
Reputation: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
In your opinion what makes them different?

If you sincerely wanted to know I would tell you...but I will not say here only to be attacked by those who do not believe.

Some people have their own opinion. Until one experiences spirits or God on a first hand level, it is impossible for them to understand.

I don't think many of those people on this thread truly want to hear my opinions when theirs is so strong. The seeds have been sown and this is part of our duty as Christians...it is not to argue like many seem to do on this site.

I'm sure that by the little I have said, there will be some hateful comments. Seems like it's the same people over and over who keep up the critisism of the Christians, no matter where they post. It may just be me but I feel we cannot even ask a question of a serious nature without hearing from many of you, no matter what forum we are on.. That is why I don't normally even post outside of the Christianity forum. I only posted here this time because the initial question was truly of a religious nature. I have not told anyone they are going to hell....so please don't tell me I won't go to heaven because there isn't one. I and many others know better. so, on that note...go ahead and do what you normally do....it doesn't bother my faith at all...in fact, I can feel the Holy Spirit more during your times of critisism.

BTW--coosjoaquin--I would be happy to answer your question if you dm'd me or you can read my prior posts in other threads--thank you for asking...sincerely. Just don't feel like getting beaten down here right now...or anymore than I already will be

Last edited by *sherry*; 12-05-2008 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: adding to
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2008, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
31,998 posts, read 33,585,316 times
Reputation: 13131
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
If you sincerely wanted to know I would tell you...but I will not say here only to be attacked by those who do not believe.

Some people have their own opinion. Until one experiences spirits or God on a first hand level, it is impossible for them to understand.

I don't think many of those people on this thread truly want to hear my opinions when theirs is so strong. The seeds have been sown and this is part of our duty as Christians...it is not to argue like many seem to do on this site.

I'm sure that by the little I have said, there will be some hateful comments. Seems like it's the same people over and over who keep up the critisism of the Christians, no matter where they post. It may just be me but I feel we cannot even ask a question of a serious nature without hearing from many of you, no matter what forum we are on.. That is why I don't normally even post outside of the Christianity forum. I only posted here this time because the initial question was truly of a religious nature. I have not told anyone they are going to hell....so please don't tell me I won't go to heaven because there isn't one. I and many others know better. so, on that note...go ahead and do what you normally do....it doesn't bother my faith at all...in fact, I can feel the Holy Spirit more during your times of critisism.

BTW--coosjoaquin--I would be happy to answer your question if you dm'd me or you can read my prior posts in other threads--thank you for asking...sincerely. Just don't feel like getting beaten down here right now...or anymore than I already will be
Who has attacked you on this thread? I see people expressing their opinions, but isn't that what a forum is all about? An opinion different from yours is NOT an attack.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2008, 07:20 PM
 
379 posts, read 562,316 times
Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
I'm no brain expert, but clearly human brains are wondrous things. We have all seen the incredibly wide range of behaviors and thoughts that brains produce. It's amazing to me that it is easier for some to believe in The Devil than to accept that our brains can and do produce any and all types of feelings.
The reason I don't think it's the brain is because what use could the brain have by giving you feelings of evil presences? Again, it's NOT something I've experienced before. You just never get that feeling while walking around awake. If it is the brain's fault, you have to ask why the brain has never given you those feelings before, in any situation at all. And evil is the only description I can give the feeling, not bad or mean, just evil - an evil presence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2008, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Central US
852 posts, read 1,243,632 times
Reputation: 465
Default misunderstanding...probably my fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Who has attacked you on this thread? I see people expressing their opinions, but isn't that what a forum is all about? An opinion different from yours is NOT an attack.

Hi Sanspeur,
I didn't mean I was attacked here. I was simply telling coosjoaquin that I would be happy to answer the question...just not in this section of the forum...because I have been made fun of especially when outside the christianity forum. I don't think my answer is for this part of the forum.
Didn't mean to offend....that's the danger of being on here too much. You begin to think that others are trying to belittle you or your faith when in all reality they are just expressing their opinion....just like I am. It is very hard to express your feelings here through this type of medium. I mean no malice toward anyone.
Take Care
God Bless
Shery
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top