U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 06:36 PM

12 posts, read 15,692 times

Advertisements

ignorant comments ? And everything you have said is so civilzed ,il request YOU to keep your painfull comments 2 your self sir . Your comments are painfull an ignorant mate not mine. saying silly to someones holy book is very civilized .

il stick to the topic on the tread dont u worry

Last edited by ali786; 12-19-2009 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: i
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 06:58 PM

12 posts, read 15,692 times
i havent seen your post on sleep paralysis on here so i wouldnt know only that silly first comment you posted , as far as you saying barely literate post some words are cut short like in text messages on mobile phones lol so some things can register quicker in that head of yours lol. good day to you an GOD BLESS

Old 12-20-2009, 03:25 PM

4,669 posts, read 5,344,607 times
Mind mansions have attics, basements, etc.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,841 times
Default Science or Demonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sherry* View Post
Only you know if it seemed evil...If you truely believe it was evil you need to pray that the evil spirit leaves you. You posted in a religious section so I would have thought there would have been many more Christians come to your aide. Maybe they will be here yet!
God Bless
Sherry
I am a Christian who suffered from sleep paralysis for over two years. I would awaken to see the same man every time standing over me looking down at me with a smirky smile. You could feel his evil presence. I would try to move and couldn't. After what felt like an eternity, he would walk to the bottom of my bed and disappear. I was going through a time in my life where sin was taking place frequently. I started going to church and repented. I asked God for forgiveness. From then on when I would have the attacks I would command him to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. He would immediately leave. He would return for a few more months only to leave as soon as I commanded him to in Jesus' name. The last visit he made to me was through his voice. He would not show his face. He pretended to speak to me in my dad's voice who is deceased. I automatically spoke through my mind and stated that I knew who he was and that he was not my dad. I again commanded him to leave in Jesus' name. That has been over three years ago. I have not had an attack since. So far as believing in demons, you bet! The bible tells us they are real and are here to steal, kill, and destroy. The mind is the first place satan attacks. Just look at the rise in drug abuse, child molestation, and killings that are taking place in our communities. Science doesn't always have the answer but God's holy word does!

Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,344,459 times
Satan and I are pretty tight, so that really wouldn't explain my two recent instances of sleep paralysis. Or would it?

Also, drug "abuse" has remained constant throughout human history. Based on human nature, I would guess child molestation has, too, not that I'm comparing the two. Killings have been going down for a few years.

Last edited by creepsinc; 02-22-2010 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 02-22-2010, 11:26 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,938,291 times
This used to happen to me all the time. I had it really bad in my late teens to early twenties. More often than not, I'd feel a presence in the bedroom and feel as though I were being attacked physically by something. It didn't help that these things first started happening just as I'd moved into a new home (OMG, it's haunted!!!! ).

I was well past believing in bronze-aged myths at this point in my life (19), so I never did give Satan or one of his minions any credit for it. I just assumed these things were really weird dreams. I had no idea what sleep paralysis was at the time, although I did learn about it a few years later.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:41 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,344,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post

I was well past believing in bronze-aged myths at this point in my life (19)
I still find it hard to believe that today, in the information age, people still don't realize that those bronze-age myths were spawned by now much-more-understood phenomena like sleep-paralysis, the moon moving in front of the sun, and ingestion of psychedelic substances.

Kudos on growing up, by the way. Hopefully evolution will take care of everyone else, one day.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:34 PM

4,374 posts, read 3,130,838 times
I've had them over the years, but no hallucinations thankfully.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
I still find it hard to believe that today, in the information age, people still don't realize that those bronze-age myths were spawned by now much-more-understood phenomena like sleep-paralysis, the moon moving in front of the sun, and ingestion of psychedelic substances.

Kudos on growing up, by the way. Hopefully evolution will take care of everyone else, one day.

Funny how automatically people think sleep paralysis comes from drugs. I never said my sin was drug abuse because I've never done drugs in my life. All I'm saying is I had something going on in my life that I knew was not right. When you sin it opens the door for satan and his demons to attack. Spiritual warfare goes on all around us daily even though we can't see it. The one thing I do know is once I gave my life to Jesus my attacks stopped. I try to tell everyone that if you aren't sure about something then don't take anybody's word. Ask God. He will answer and "He" does warn us about demons in his Word!

Old 02-22-2010, 06:26 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,131,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
I have experienced sleep paralysis a few times before several years ago, and I've even read later about it from both scientific-minded books and psychic/medium books.

I have come to the conclusion, after long thinking, that sleep paralysis may in fact be a spiritual experience, if at least a little.

The reason I say this is because it's during sleep (unconscious), it's nearing dreams, and at times, it gives you feelings sometimes that you don't get while awake.

During one of my sleep paralysis (this may be the case for you also), I felt I was being pinned down (literally I couldn't move for minutes), and I literally felt the most evil presence maybe about 8 or 10 feet away. It actually felt like two distinct evil presences once, but evil nonetheless.

The reason I say this is because, I've never felt evil feelings from anything while I'm normally awake. This means the experience made me feel things I've never even experienced. And unless the brain can somehow produce feelings where you're literally wearing an extreme evil feeling, I'm going to believe sleep paralysis is from a demon or The Devil attacking people.

They have done some research into this with alpha and delta waves...
It would seem to suggest that you may be intune with something...

The test is also documented in a Documentary called After Dark...with Martin Sheen.

its about life after death....But sleep Paralysis is in there.
They take someone who had sleep paralysis, and that feeling of Evil, and recorded the brain wave activities...and then they took someone else and exposed them to those same recorded brain waves activities....and they also experience the same thing...the feeling of Evil...or one might say hightened fear, or dread.

So in some light...we know it has to do with the brain.
It also has to do with certain wave forms the brian uses, and or picks up.

I had these issues myself, but not while sleeping, but just before sleep, in a conscious state.....and I learnt not to fight the feelings of dread...and soon I was going out of my body...Fear seems to bring me back to my body...especally when I go too far out there...

God says Do not fear, but resist the Evil ones....
And as long as God and Christ are in you, with you, and always protecting you...You have nothing to fear!

is it sleep paralysis or something more?...I think it has something to do with the brain...and waves, myself.

So I can Witness that the spirit is in truth part of the human experience.

Is there Evil.....YES!...so beware!

Be well
Be Good
God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal