Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:46 PM

354 posts, read 749,503 times

Advertisements

Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?

omg.... yes! how helpless and frightening it is. i actually googled it and felt relieved that it does happen. i don't have the devil part though most people experience. thank God. or i would die right there and then. it is not even out of body experience since i don't see myself lying there paralyzed. it's the feeling of helplessness of wanting to move but u can't! u can only breathe... i don't remember if i can open my eyes though. but what i remember is me trying to scream but can't. i only hear me mumbling from trying to scream. i actually already know what to do when it happens. i just close my eyes(in my mind?)... relax and kinda like wait for my soul or consciousness to be in sync with my body and mind and im back to life. in my case, i believe it happens when i lack sleep or sleep deprived. well at least u kinda know how it feels to die then don't u think. it is you wanting to move but u can't coz you can no longer control your body with your mind?

i also don't dream anymore or maybe i just don't remember it anymore? i contribute it to me really having a hard time sleeping straight for at least 2 hrs. i think dreams only happen when you are in a deep sleep. and i have not had a deep sleep for as long as i can remember.

Last edited by baket; 02-22-2010 at 07:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 07:16 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,809 times
Well. I had it. That the strongest - death . Not to escape From death . I remember that before it my mentality was under the influence of bad events in the World, and my thoughts badly concerned other people. In old time spoke: God Vij has come to you (anybody, an empty place, strong impression) Has punished for bad thoughts in a current of day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvev4...eature=channel

Last edited by eloy; 02-22-2010 at 07:26 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 09:00 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,885 times
You know, I only experienced it once in my life, during high school, I think.

It was the weekend and I woke up paralyzed (sleep paralysis). Freaked out so bad and thought I was going to die...couldn't move anything or speak at all. I could only move my eyes...

Thank goodness it's only a condition where your mind "wakes up" before your body does

Old 02-22-2010, 10:24 PM

239 posts, read 402,639 times
When you go to sleep, certain chemicals are released into your body to prevent you from moving - nothing really spiritual about it.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:53 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
I've experienced it just twice in my 69 years, but only for a few seconds. Not like this poor woman in the video below....That would be terrifying!

YouTube - Sleep Paralysis

I think I'd rather endure sleep paralysis than it's opposite, sleepwalking.
Quote:
Sleepwalking, also known as somnambulism, is a sleep disorder belonging to the parasomnia family. Sleepwalkers arise from the slow wave sleep stage in a state of low consciousness and perform activities that are usually performed during the day. These activities can be as benign as sitting up in bed, walking to the bathroom, and cleaning, or as hazardous as cooking, driving, extremely violent gestures, or even homicide.
Sleepwalking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-23-2010, 06:07 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
That video is titled "sleep paralysis" but what that woman has is narcolepsy which is not the same thing.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:58 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Dreams in which you cannot move is not sleep paralysis....

Sleep paralysis consists of a period of inability to perform voluntary movements either at sleep onset or upon awakening.

I think this is what 17271 is talking about..........In some cases, when hypnogogic hallucinations are present, people feel that someone is in the room with them, some experience the feeling that someone or something is sitting on their chest and they feel impending death and suffocation. That has been called the “Hag Phenomena†and has been happening to people over the centuries. These things cause people much anxiety and terror, but there is no physical harm. Praying won't help a bit, except perhaps as a sort of placebo for a believer.

That is basically it. What happens is that the mind wakes up but the body stays asleep. So with an alert or semi alert ind, one can hear everything going on around them: Music in the background, people talking , cats sctratching themselves on the bed etc etc. BUT The body is asleep and cannot respond, so try and you might, you cannot move or wakeup, giving that feeling of paralysis. And since there are varying degrees of this, it is pssible to have a "lucid Dream" While in this state where outside sounds INFLUENCE the mind but the mind is not fully awake either.

Sleep paralysis is a harmless condition. It is scary, yes, but that's about it.
It is not from some mythical boogeyman; it has a scientific explanation. A rational one.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:18 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?

omg.... yes! how helpless and frightening it is. i actually googled it and felt relieved that it does happen. i don't have the devil part though most people experience. thank God. or i would die right there and then. it is not even out of body experience since i don't see myself lying there paralyzed. it's the feeling of helplessness of wanting to move but u can't! u can only breathe... i don't remember if i can open my eyes though. but what i remember is me trying to scream but can't. i only hear me mumbling from trying to scream. i actually already know what to do when it happens. i just close my eyes(in my mind?)... relax and kinda like wait for my soul or consciousness to be in sync with my body and mind and im back to life. in my case, i believe it happens when i lack sleep or sleep deprived. well at least u kinda know how it feels to die then don't u think. it is you wanting to move but u can't coz you can no longer control your body with your mind?

i also don't dream anymore or maybe i just don't remember it anymore? i contribute it to me really having a hard time sleeping straight for at least 2 hrs. i think dreams only happen when you are in a deep sleep. and i have not had a deep sleep for as long as i can remember.
You raise another simular aspect of this account?...No more dreams...
I used to have real bad dreams...when I was Young...And soon after these Paralysis events...I too stopped remembering my dreams, if I even have dreams anymore is still a questionable factor....Do I go into R.E.M state when sleeping...?

I think in some way we who have experienced this phenomina, are changed in some way through the experience.
The fear..or Dread...seems to subconsciously render us dreamless, in some way...maybe only to allow certain dreams to come forth, and be remembered...So the spirit can recieve the messages sent with out imperfection of the conscious mind playing on it?

In any event...Dreamless nights go on for me....and I have to say it is linked to the paralysis syndrome.

What happens when you have no sin....or very little sin...and this happens and you feel the dread...
Do not fear!...for fear is what it feeds off of.

Know that Christ Jesus, and God the heavenly father, want to reveal the spirit to you.
And there are many spirits...8 evil ones...and One true Christ, and one true God...
Do not be decieved...for the 8 will not profess Christ as lord, and son of God.
And they will not profess God is creator....

These spirits are of the Devil...

But the one Holy spirit, and God...will come in a way that ..is like the others...You will experience fear...For you do not know what is happening...and it is a natural responce to the unnatural event.

Once you pass this taming of fear...I would say, just relax...let it do what it will...for fighting it is useless!...as you are paralized....
But in your head, Pray to God, and Christ for strenght, Guidance, and deliverance from Evil...
Here is where I found my Spirit unbound, or should I say set free!
And in that I know God is God, and Christ is Christ...For they to proclaim the spirit...and I profess or proclaim them to you.

Now how does all this help us?
It show us that God is still here, and Jesus is still teaching those who try to be good.

And with that, we know, God is God...?
Well you have to come to some conclusions , and witness the Evils in the world to know...that the opposite has to exists somewhere else!

And the spirit of sinless form is the only way to get there!

Oh yes about that movie...It might be After Midnight, Not After Dark....also with Ringo Star, MArtin Sheen, and another actress.....if my memory serves me still well.?

Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,700 times
LOL.

Not really.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:27 PM

190 posts, read 242,310 times
Those are evil spirits holding u down..I have those as well..just say..may God lift me up in Jesus name and they will move right away..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal