Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 08:07 AM

378 posts, read 623,301 times

Advertisements

I have experienced sleep paralysis a few times before several years ago, and I've even read later about it from both scientific-minded books and psychic/medium books.

I have come to the conclusion, after long thinking, that sleep paralysis may in fact be a spiritual experience, if at least a little.

The reason I say this is because it's during sleep (unconscious), it's nearing dreams, and at times, it gives you feelings sometimes that you don't get while awake.

During one of my sleep paralysis (this may be the case for you also), I felt I was being pinned down (literally I couldn't move for minutes), and I literally felt the most evil presence maybe about 8 or 10 feet away. It actually felt like two distinct evil presences once, but evil nonetheless.

The reason I say this is because, I've never felt evil feelings from anything while I'm normally awake. This means the experience made me feel things I've never even experienced. And unless the brain can somehow produce feelings where you're literally wearing an extreme evil feeling, I'm going to believe sleep paralysis is from a demon or The Devil attacking people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 08:32 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,140,518 times
Wahhh!! I had those a few times in my teen years and early 20s, they are scary, no doubt. But i don't believe they are from Satan or any other evil force. I attributed mine to my hectic schedule and not enough sleep. They are gone for ever and ever and ever!

So, when you read about them (medical perspective?), where did it say they're from the evil?

Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 AM

33,495 posts, read 36,978,256 times
Yeah, I've had episodes in my youth. They are frightening, but only the superstitious would attribute them to anything other than a glitch of the brain. Amazing to me is all the things it can cause one to "experience".

Sleep Paralysis

Old 12-05-2008, 10:17 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,188,571 times
Had them too when I was in my teens, nothing spooky about it.

Remember most dreams occur between that twilight time of unconsciousness and consciousness and is nominally in seconds even though it seem like a long time.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:25 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,896,696 times
They can be scary, yes. But they're not manifestations of evil. There's a very factual scientific explanation for them. If you'd rather believe in the devil instead of science though, carry on.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:35 AM

852 posts, read 1,359,463 times
Default Only you know

Only you know if it seemed evil...If you truely believe it was evil you need to pray that the evil spirit leaves you. You posted in a religious section so I would have thought there would have been many more Christians come to your aide. Maybe they will be here yet!
God Bless
Sherry

Old 12-05-2008, 10:42 AM

852 posts, read 1,359,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah, I've had episodes in my youth. They are frightening, but only the superstitious would attribute them to anything other than a glitch of the brain. Amazing to me is all the things it can cause one to "experience".

Hi Sanspeur,
No, not only the superstitious...the religious also.

God Bless,
Sherry

Old 12-05-2008, 10:43 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
And unless the brain can somehow produce feelings where you're literally wearing an extreme evil feeling, I'm going to believe sleep paralysis is from a demon or The Devil attacking people.
I'm no brain expert, but clearly human brains are wondrous things.
We have all seen the incredibly wide range of behaviors and thoughts that brains produce. It's amazing to me that it is easier for some to believe in The Devil than to accept that our brains can and do produce any and all types of feelings. My guess is that you believed in demons before you ever had any "evil" feelings.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:48 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,928,867 times
Um if your brain wasn't capable of producing those feelings in the first place then you wouldn't ever be able to feel them.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,896,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Hi Sanspeur,
No, not only the superstitious...the religious also.

God Bless,
Sherry
Religious and superstitious go hand in hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal