U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:40 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,746,422 times

Advertisements

So what do you think about Tarot cards?

I am personally into them and have given readings...I am considering going back and giving readings again. I like them and have quite a few decks.

I do not know if they are real. I feel they are tools that can help but as far as real..hmmm..not sure!

What do you all think? Please try to be respectful as this is part of other cultures and religions as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 09:44 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,575,298 times
I don't think they are real. A lot of "readings" are very vague and apply to many people.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:58 PM

4,354 posts, read 5,718,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

I am personally into them and have given readings...I am considering going back and giving readings again. I like them and have quite a few decks.

I do not know if they are real. I feel they are tools that can help but as far as real..hmmm..not sure!

What do you all think? Please try to be respectful as this is part of other cultures and religions as well.

I have a few decks and have studied the subject a lot. I have done a lot of readings and am considered very accurate. I don't take money because it doesn't feel right to me. A lot of it is really just archetypal psychology but there is an element of mystery that isn't so easily explained.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:43 PM

48,875 posts, read 30,462,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I have a few decks and have studied the subject a lot. I have done a lot of readings and am considered very accurate. I don't take money because it doesn't feel right to me. A lot of it is really just archetypal psychology but there is an element of mystery that isn't so easily explained.
I KNEW you were mystical!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I KNEW you were mystical!

This is the subject I know most about. I am also considered a very good teacher on the subject. I have been studying this and subjects along these lines for more than 10yrs now. It's not something that I was going to bring up here because I didn't want that to be all I was known as.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:10 AM

10,234 posts, read 14,806,763 times
I had a tarot reading only once and was a little creeped out by the things said to me (NOT generalities!). Well, may not creeped out, but in awe.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:44 AM

14,545 posts, read 19,028,623 times
My ex had a reading which seemed to make no sense at all. Several people checked the cards, came up with the same interpretation and were all mystified. In a real reading there is no question asked, and the meaning is only to the customer. He claimed he had no idea. Several years later it came out that he was involved in stuff which led to sudden end of our relationship. Everything from the reading feell neatly into place in a very unvague way.

I've also had several readings which did not seam vague at all. The meanings were personal but the details were rather defined.

The essnese of the tarot is your touch... and the energies it leaves. If only we'd have learned what the first reading meant life would have been so much less a nightmare.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:07 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,360,856 times
Quote:

They're as accurate as reading tea leaves or chicken intestines. Which is to say, it's an amusing past-time but no more than that. It's like horoscopes -- so broadly interpretive that they can fit anyone.

That said, I really like tarot cards; I've done a lot of research into the origins of tarot and I have seen some truly fine historical examples of them, with gorgeous artwork. Some of the artists were fantastic.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:37 AM

7,358 posts, read 17,969,316 times
Quote:

I agree with your post as far as being tools for the future.
I have 2 decks myself.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
They're as accurate as reading tea leaves or chicken intestines. Which is to say, it's an amusing past-time but no more than that. It's like horoscopes -- so broadly interpretive that they can fit anyone.

That said, I really like tarot cards; I've done a lot of research into the origins of tarot and I have seen some truly fine historical examples of them, with gorgeous artwork. Some of the artists were fantastic.

It's only like those more simple forms of divination and necromancy in that it uses archetypal psychology and intuition. There is much more depth to tarot cards. They cover all other occult studies and condense them into a very useful tool for a multitude of purposes. My favourite is that it gives you the ability to look within and that is what I use them for most. Astrology is very broad if you are looking at the newspaper columns or just reading about your sun sign. You might be surprised at the accuracy of a personal horoscope. That said I only have a superficial knowledge of astrology, I couldn't draw up a chart but I can analyze one.
You're right about the artwork, in fact the tarot inspired me to start painting.
I have looked long and hard at tarot trying to find reasons why it works, because it does, and that has led me to studying things like quantum physics and Jung's theory of the collective unconscious. I've found a few answers that are satisfying but I'm still searching. Maybe I'll have a few more answers when I have my degree in Psychology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal