Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:59 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,654,137 times

Advertisements

If you've ever sat and really listened to these so called psychic's...they always kind of ask rather than tell information...and the people pretty much tell them the answers without even knowing it. I used to have a little more respect for Montel Williams...but once he started having Sylvia for a repeat guest...I could never watch another show. Same goes for the crime psychic's on TV. They never just come out and say what happened or where a body is. It's always some long drug out "I feel this" or I feel that". It's just a bunch of BS. Anyone that actually believes this stuff is more than likely the type that would fall for a Nigerian Scam or buy a bridge over Brooklyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 11:36 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,592,511 times
Yes, John Edwards a cute guy, makes it easier to listen to him!

Old 03-18-2007, 11:53 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,128,118 times
I do believe that there are people that can have a legitimate gift from God as far as seeing things in the future, talking to spirits, things like that but I also believe there are far many times more people that claim they have a gift when it is really nothing or even worse; from the devil.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:54 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,890,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Sylvia Browne is a fraud who picks her teeth while licking her chops.

OMG....yes!!! She is forever sticking her thumb nail in between her teeth and starts chompin' on it while she is holding a conversation.
And I'm thinking, doesn't anyone on the set(Montel) notice what she's doing and that it looks ridiculous.???

Old 03-18-2007, 01:16 PM

19,957 posts, read 30,001,004 times
i think the paranormal is very fascinating, i have a very open mind, since i had a couple unexplained experiences, before that, i was a total skeptic.
i believe john edward, is probly the most interesting psychic ive ever seen, i like sylvia browne, but her voice is annoying.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:50 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,956,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
If you've ever sat and really listened to these so called psychic's...they always kind of ask rather than tell information...and the people pretty much tell them the answers without even knowing it. I used to have a little more respect for Montel Williams...but once he started having Sylvia for a repeat guest...I could never watch another show. Same goes for the crime psychic's on TV. They never just come out and say what happened or where a body is. It's always some long drug out "I feel this" or I feel that". It's just a bunch of BS. Anyone that actually believes this stuff is more than likely the type that would fall for a Nigerian Scam or buy a bridge over Brooklyn.
Same here Rance. I thought Montel was a sharp fellow. But he believes Sylvia is real and that just makes my respect for him tumble. I don't watch him either. I just think...what a freakin' fool.
None of these "psychics" get it right.
Remember the boys found in St. Louis recently after the kidnapping of Ben Ownsby and that other teenager found with him, Shawn Hornbeck? When Shawn was kidnapped, The Hornbecks went on Montel's show in 2003 and Sylvia Browne told them that Shawn was dead and said that his body would be found in a "wooded area". She also said that Shawn's abductor was tall, dark and had dreadlocks.
More Sylvia Browne "wrong" predictions:
-2004. Osama Bin Laden is dead from kidney failure.
-2003. Yellowstone would erupt between Jan. and March 2004.
-2003. Saddam Hussein would be found dead.
- John Kerry would win the 2004 election.
None of the 'psychics' are real. They are all frauds. Jonathan Edwards...what has he ever gotten right? He plays the same game Sylvia Browne does...cold call an audience and then ask general questions until he gets an idea of what to say and then confirms what he's told as if he thought of it first.
FRAUDS

Old 03-18-2007, 10:55 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,274,613 times
If they were so good they wouldn't ask your name they would know it,heck I shouldn't have to speak read my mind and tell me what I want to know. I agree they are frauds.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:26 AM

531 posts, read 2,005,485 times
I think some people seek the guidance of a "phychic" just for closure or reassurances. I do not know if they have actual abilities, but many people that I know of have left feeling better. Wether or not they got the answers they were looking for, they "believed" something about it. If it helped them, who am I to dismiss it?

Old 03-19-2007, 10:42 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,360,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
i think the paranormal is very fascinating, i have a very open mind, since i had a couple unexplained experiences, before that, i was a total skeptic.
i believe john edward, is probly the most interesting psychic ive ever seen, i like sylvia browne, but her voice is annoying.
At least I'm not alone in my feelings. A lot of times it seems that people can't believe what they don't see, my hubby included, he doesn't believe in any of this garbage is what he says. I do believe that we go onto God after death so what is so wrong about believing that the alive and "dead from here" can't overlap at some point.

Just my thought!

Old 03-19-2007, 10:52 AM

1,405 posts, read 4,772,927 times
James Randi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal